Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    Nice update! I really like the Dungeon Chest update and Public dungeon loot. The changes to public dungeons will change the economy for the better, fewer blue items and fewer blue crafting tempers entering the game.

The game will also become harder as there will be fewer players in the public dungeons which will favor players getting better gear while they play.

But is there anyone looking into the crafting/economics that's going on? I'm thinking about the impossibility to sell any crafted items because they will be far more expensive than anyone is willing to pay.
    First you say it will be good to remove Blues and and Crafting Blues from the game and then complain that Crafting is unusable as it's too expensive to sell. Make up your mind!
  • wizzerd_lg_ESO
    W
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I'm concerned that this might make the botters even more successful. They may not get loot as often, but it's not like there's someone sitting at a computer putting any effort into getting that rare loot either. There will be fewer drops of already hard to get loot, making the value of that loot go up, so the botters can sell it for a higher price.

The solution I'd like to see would be a lot more complex, but more useful as well. When someone defeats a Boss in a public dungeon, they get a debuff to their offense and defense that applies strictly to that Boss. Not something catastrophic the first few times, in case you have to try a few times to get it, but something that gets increasingly worse each time, and the more times it stacks, the longer it takes before it goes away. This way, if a player needs to fight a boss a few times, it gets a little harder each time, but by the time they've killed him 10 times or so, he's much harder, 20 times - nearly impossible. Just keep standing there killing it, like a bot, and you quickly become incapable of fighting that boss. Need to come back and try again because you didn't get it in the first few tries, then come back in an hour or two. Botkill the boss a couple dozen times and the debuff will last for days. It keeps Bosses viable for active players, but kills the functionality of bots.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you don't seem to recognize that ZOS is working to push players from grinding into by-content play. According to their supposed ideals and design, you're supposed to do a mission once, for the glory, and move on.

Experience from monsters and other players is close to nothing. Gold gain is minimal. They are constantly attempting to cut off any task that can be done repetitively, and those that they can't avoid, they are making useless for monetary value.

Why? Why would someone go so against the grain from the addictive mechanics first made popular in EverCrack, and now making billions through a constant stream of WoW simulators? Why would a design group feel that the mechanics most similar to work and slavery should be removed from a game? Why would a developer intentionally hamper their ability to hook players who have natural, real disorders and profit from them for years while that player's life continues to suffer?

Who knows. But I'm loving it. Keep rewarding players for a mission complete! Make my exploring and doing quests far more profitable than any bot can every achieve. Keep giving me more out of refining base materials that I gathered than any player can get from killing a boss for a week. These things make this game worth it to me.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • lajnus86b16_ESO
    Fix 1hand and shield abilities maybe? and stamina resources for tanks.
  • Dozenth
    Dozenth
    Not sure if this is at all the best place for a suggestion... I'm afraid it will be swallowed by the noise.

Could we have a "radiant" style quest? I want veteran ranks, I don't like PVP and I don't want to stay away from playing the other alliances.

I'd rather farm bounty and courier quests for my character. Plus, I want to experience each area with a new character.
  • zartrauchb16_ESO
    zartrauchb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have a suggestion aswell: PLEASE introduce the ability to test out your skill and your character through being able to duel against friends or other players. I always loved the 1v1 duel, it's just more skill-based, and in a game like this where you don't need to grind the best PvP gear 24/7 to have a chance, I would just LOVE to see this implemented.
  • Ytterin
    Ytterin
    ✭✭
    So, with regard to enchanting: The fixes being implemented will help with getting the inspiration to level it by ~.1%.
    Seriously, considering how worthless crafting is in terms of inspiration, the balancing and modifications to nodes will not help anywhere before endgame.
    The only thing that has allowed people to keep anywhere close to their level in the profession is the trading-craft swap system (where they both craft, and trade to deconstruct for the full inspiration.) That's just a cheap gimmick... the system needs fixed overall.
    Here's a few REAL options for fixing your Enchanting progression, without people having to rely on trading their creations back and forth:
    1. Make glyphs a more common drop. Currently they drop at a little under half the rate of the smithing, woodworking, or clothing drops.
    2. Give more inspiration per item, as the leveling is slower.
    3. Allow attempts to remove an enchant from an item, yielding a glyph, and destroying the item. This would grant a moderate amount of inspiration, in addition to more glyphs to deconstruct.

Any of these would help far more than rebalancing the drops. None of the item deconstruction professions are leveled by crafting... they all get cruddy inspiration compared to deconstructing. Maybe Enchanting is something that should break that rule, maybe not. That is not to say the rebalance is not needed, but rather that it will not fix the broken-ness of Enchanting in the leveling process. It simply gets out-leveled, and no longer proves useful, unless players use the trade-work around.
    Please fix Enchanting for those who do not wish to sit around finding somebody to trade crafted glyphs with in order to keep it at a reasonable level.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ballance lolvamps, and rootspamm...
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you don't seem to recognize that ZOS is working to push players from grinding
    The 'inspiration' system would like a word with you.

• Thorznakh
    Thorznakh
    Ytterin wrote: »
    3. Allow attempts to remove an enchant from an item, yielding a glyph, and destroying the item. This would grant a moderate amount of inspiration, in addition to more glyphs to deconstruct.

This! Desenchanting items should be implementet, rather than filling our inventory with even more loot :)
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are people really /defending/ the boss loot timer?
    How will that fix anything at all? You think it'll stop people from grinding boss drops now? Those people will just pick up a quick bot (if they haven't already) and continue on their merry way, while the rest of us legit players are being heavily punished for trying to get the only useful item in an otherwise useless dungeon. I have very little reason to do dungeons now outside of the skyshard/exp, and with the loot nerf, I will have virtually no reason to ever return to a dungeon after I've made a quick solo run.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people really /defending/ the boss loot timer?
    How will that fix anything at all? You think it'll stop people from grinding boss drops now? Those people will just pick up a quick bot (if they haven't already) and continue on their merry way, while the rest of us legit players are being heavily punished for trying to get the only useful item in an otherwise useless dungeon. I have very little reason to do dungeons now outside of the skyshard/exp, and with the loot nerf, I will have virtually no reason to ever return to a dungeon after I've made a quick solo run.

My take is this: there's nothing really useful about that drop, either, except as an almost guaranteed crafting upgrade resource.

I do public dungeons for the achievement, the experience, the story (which is pretty good in a few of them) and the skyshard ... and often, if it wasn't for the skyshards, I wouldn't even swing by them.

Loot? An item which I will outlevel in a few moments and which is a particularly random low-count drop anyhow? Why would ANYBODY be after that item? What practical purpose could it serve?

The only players really benefiting from open looting are bots, who are essentially farming resources. And the secret to bots, is that they don't setup bots for inefficient processes. They'll switch from grinding bosses to grinding random world chests, if the chests respawn faster. Or to grinding raw materials, if they give a higher chance of profit.

So yes, I support the loot timer, if for no better reason than to push automated looting mechanics out of the dungeons themselves. I also see no real penalty to standard play mechanics for players, since there isn't a real benefit for a PLAYING character (read: not those grinding craft resources, but actually using the loot) being lost.

But I also admit that ZOS will have to chase them down, wherever they go next.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Tabi
    Tabi
    The loot timer is a great idea. Mindless farming is mindless, and should never be supported.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabi wrote: »
    The loot timer is a great idea. Mindless farming is mindless, and should never be supported.
    Ah, I see you're someone who subscribes to the "I don't want to do it so no one should be able to do it" school.

• Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    plz fix the vamps, I'm not being funny here ..
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • alex394053
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Ah, I see you're someone who subscribes to the "I don't want to do it so no one should be able to do it" school.

And I see you're someone who subscribes to the "I'm a mindless farmer and happy ruining all the fun to other players"
  • countadyn
    countadyn
    Btw you should add a server status indicator to the launcher, maybe with a progress bar. Keep up the good work anyway:)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alex394053 wrote: »

And I see you're someone who subscribes to the "I'm a mindless farmer and happy ruining all the fun to other players"
    Since I don't farm bosses (what's the point, XP's not great and the drops are pretty useless) I clearly don't 'ruin' anyone's fun but your argument against it was not what you are now trying to say it is so I take it you realise what I said is true.

Care to explain your new attempt to justify eliminating something you personally don't enjoy? Just how does someone farming a boss "ruin" to use your hyperbolic term others' 'fun'?

I'm firmly against FARM BOTS I have no problem with boss farming per se, it's something that happens in games where mobs drop items some people want, which is a CORE part of an MMO!
    Edited by KerinKor on April 29, 2014 10:37AM
  • soulassassin808b16_ESO
    Inzababa wrote: »
    plz fix the vamps, I'm not being funny here ..
    Get a hotfix out already!
  • DystarNightussb14_ESO
    Can someone explain to me why they are focused on nitpicking levels for quests and people farming bosses when there are STILL glaring issues like lack of working Mundus stones? Would really like thief stone to work kthanksbye.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me why they are focused on nitpicking levels for quests and people farming bosses when there are STILL glaring issues like lack of working Mundus stones?
    Please explain why the failure to get a small buff is a 'glaring' error that needs dealing with ahead of trying to eradicate an army of RMT bots that are already strangling large parts of the game.

• Tabi
    Tabi

It is bad design to condone standing in one place waiting for a spawn timer. I'm not against farming, I'm against -mindless- farming. You have no idea what I want to do or not.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me why they are focused on nitpicking levels for quests and people farming bosses when there are STILL glaring issues like lack of working Mundus stones?
    Please explain why the failure to get a small buff is a 'glaring' error that needs dealing with ahead of trying to eradicate an army of RMT bots that are already strangling large parts of the game.
    I kinda agree. Mundus stones are a minor issue compared to a problem which affects the entire game environment.

Though it would be nice to get them fixed (are they broke? i didn't notice, ahahah).

XBOX NA

• Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    can zos plz fix colharbour...i cannot get past the final assualt...and now i cant even get back to that spot...i cannot progress at all and im vet rank 1. also would be nice if they would fix werewolf morph and bites...they are completely unplayable. the two features of this game i love the most i cant even play.
  • Nullist
    Nullist
    Can you PLEASE start including the expected duration on Server downtimes so we can plan our gametime accordingly?
  • Locnar
    Locnar
    Soul Shriven
    Carde wrote: »
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

Yeah, it's pretty sad the only way they can figure out to fix botting is to kill the loot. Loot is what we are after in there as paying customers.

How about they just have GMs port to the known boss locations and watch for bots. It would only take them a couple of spawns to see who the bots are and issue bans.

• Locnar
    Locnar
    Soul Shriven
    jb1b84 wrote: »
    Ugh please tell me you mean something else when you say the bank fix will not be retroactive. That will pretty much kill this game for me

So many people lost bank slots and as of yet have not had them returned.

• twolly
    twolly
    Soul Shriven
    I see people complaining about the lack of loot they may get from a public dungeon boss.

I suppose this confuses me. Why are you paying to sit around killing a dude? Esp. if you aren't max lvl? Are you really having that hard a time killing things that you need to sit around for what I think a sane person would consider is a ridiculously long time for some loot that really isn't going to make your character better at a non-maxed level (and I crafted my v10 loot, so I still don't need drops from public dungeons)?

Or is it the gold? Do you really benefit from spending that much time sitting around a boss mob to sell its items for gold?

People wonder how I got to v10 so quickly and don't need to worry about monies even though I sell almost nothing. Well, it's because I quest. Yes, you can get rich questing. You can get uber questing. So pop into a dungeon, get the credit for the dungeon, and then leave. That is the only logical action based upon how this game works.

And if you are worried you won't be able to get credit for the boss of the dungeon, just pop on a resto staff and do one of its heals and boom, you've got kill credit. Yes, you can cast this heal before the boss spawns, and then cast it every so often until the boss spawns. Boom, you've got credit.

I understand there might be other reasons people are complaining about bots and/or loot. I've currently got no rebuttal for you. Have a good day.
  • judas
    judas
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Guys, I love the game but have a request.
    Can you please be consistent on rolling out maintenance updates?
    Tuesday is supposed to be the day for maintenance. It appears you have a random schedule to apply fixes.
    Consistency helps.
    Thank You.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    judas wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I love the game but have a request.
    Can you please be consistent on rolling out maintenance updates?
    Tuesday is supposed to be the day for maintenance. It appears you have a random schedule to apply fixes.
    Consistency helps.
    Thank You.
    So you're happy to live with serious bugs left simply due to the day of the week? Personally I want game-breaking bugs (and quest breakers are like that IMO) as soon as practical. The reason for today's downtime was a problem patching yesterday, fine by me.