The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Heavy Attack Builds Are Broken

sonwon.1_ESO
sonwon.1_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi Everyone, I think we can all agree heavy attack builds are broken. Please post your suggestion(s) on how this could be fixed without breaking light attacks and weaving. Here is a video for a primer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdZPdV4A0BY
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know you're just spreading it now so more people will run it right? Jk....but not really. I have had the same thing where I want to complain about something but then I fear more people will run it lol.
    Edited by EmperorIl on November 26, 2021 7:35PM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasted my time watching that only for the guy to conclude heavy attack builds are rubbish and not worth playing?

I'm not sure if that was your point tc or you're saying they're op but chose a bad video to back that up with.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anytime someone leads with "I think we can all agree," it pretty much tells me some kind of unreasonable (and probably unbased) bias is incoming.

Did you actually watch the proof video you posted or is this just to get view hits, because pretty sure it's not what you think it is.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These clickbait videos are getting silly now. You might as well have said "I made millions of gold with this wierd old trick".

If you are trying to drum up views at least be original.
  • angrylizard
    angrylizard
    ✭✭✭
    Buff light attacks, cba to hold the mouse button.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    'Broken' as in 'super weak' or 'Broken' as in 'super strong'?

Or 'Broken' as in 'not currently functioning'?

Or 'Broken' as in 'has bugs which can affect gameplay'?

All of the above?

PC NA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right they are broken. Heavy attacks aren't functioning properly. Sometimes they'll fail to cancel and sometimes they'll fail to target and won't actually hit anything.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My heavy attack build works great. Then again I am a healer and only need to work one in about every 4th rotation if I spam a few panic heals in there somewhere.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the light attack animation canceling exploit was removed from the game heavy attack builds would be viable. HA builds are actually quite fun to play, especially if you have disabilities.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not impressed by heavy attack builds in PvP. Very rare for a heavy attack spammer to actually defeat me, and it's usually when I'm pretty much already dead and dodge rolling to get away. Can't dodge roll lightning and resto heavies...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    'Broken' as in 'super weak' or 'Broken' as in 'super strong'?

Or 'Broken' as in 'not currently functioning'?

Or 'Broken' as in 'has bugs which can affect gameplay'?

All of the above?

It's 3 of these things, at least.
    love is love
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some people overreact whenever someone says heavy attacks are broken?
    Edited by sonwon.1_ESO on November 27, 2021 1:39PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergeant's Mail does not have the biggest damage gain, it buffs only last part of x4 ticks of lightning staff heavy.

No Gaze of Sithis. No maelstrom destro.

No dump of attributes in health stat, because attributes don't result in DPS in heavy attack build.

Bruh this build can be better.

https://youtu.be/pIZAOJX6NIs

It's not 1vX build alright. It's a regular unit build. You lack easy to set up burst to 1vX properly. I've tried fire staff backbar to make some burst possible, but it's hard and unreliable still.

But I imagine you would be able to 2vX on my build because combined DPS will feel like a burst.
    Edited by divnyi on November 27, 2021 1:59PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I think we can all agree that they aren't
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Because I think we can all agree that they aren't

Agree they aren't broken, but they are overpowered currently, as they can be used on 35k+ bruisers to do huge damage numbers from ranged AoE, essentially for free.

But then again they've just did bash sets that do the same. They never learn.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I don't see a HA enemy in pvp... it's a fun build, but there are stronger pvp builds. Not broken at all, just easy.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone however please focus on PVE.

Or should I just open a new thread?
    Edited by sonwon.1_ESO on November 27, 2021 6:00PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone however please focus on PVE.

Or should I just open a new thread?

Your video is a pvp video?
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there are way more people who use light attacks, I don t see how this can be overpowered.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    As long as there are way more people who use light attacks, I don t see how this can be overpowered.

You're not even allowed to be B-list with heavy attack builds I guess.

The meta and best builds are light attack builds. They already outperform heavy attack builds by a significant amount.

Like heavy attack builds are already better than people not making a proper build at all and doing random things but worse than people doing light attack weaving in meta sets.

Which is how it should be, not meta but a solid off-meta set usable in a wide amount of content. So I don't get why it it's broken that they are a solid B in strength.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 27, 2021 6:26PM
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Moderator, please close I will open a new thread being more careful to specify PVE.
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moderator, please close I will open a new thread being more careful to specify PVE.

Please don't open a new thread. You are not making sense.
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Katlefiya wrote: »

Please don't open a new thread. You are not making sense.

To late!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as per the request of the OP.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.