The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Warning: this is a rant. Devs, please NEVER put a lead in a dungeon chests ever again

• Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best advice I can give you, Give your companion any weapon that "Isn't" a bow or destruction/resto stave as it will prevent them from running away from mobs unnecessarily. Other than that, running a ring of the pale order will make your solo experience tediously easy (with exception to Mechanic based Group dungeons.) I can solo normal falkreath hold no problem on my Stam DK and even defeat Domihaus the bloody-horned.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe just disable miri for the fight? did u think of that?
    Arunei wrote: »
    Maybe OP needs the heals to solo the dungeon. Did you think of that?
    You don't even need to disable the companion. If your companion seems to be moving into something bad or moving out of the boss area and might reset it, just Y+Right Click to call the companion back to you, then Y+Left Click to re-engage. This satisfies both sides. You get to keep Mirri and you can make sure she doesn't reset the boss or die to something stupid like standing in a nasty circle of death.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    maybe just disable miri for the fight? did u think of that?
    Arunei wrote: »
    Maybe OP needs the heals to solo the dungeon. Did you think of that?
    You don't even need to disable the companion. If your companion seems to be moving into something bad or moving out of the boss area and might reset it, just Y+Right Click to call the companion back to you, then Y+Left Click to re-engage. This satisfies both sides. You get to keep Mirri and you can make sure she doesn't reset the boss or die to something stupid like standing in a nasty circle of death.

1 - Yes I DO need the heals, even with Pale Order on. The moments of room to NOT deal with constantly dodge rolling boss attacks are great for me to clear adds, rebuff etc. Not everyone is PHYSICALLY capable of doing 40k in combat, solo.
    Advanced Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and connective tissue disease in the hands makes "good" DPS very painful for me, which is why I'm a tank main, and healer secondary. I only solo dungeons on my DPS, which aren't top tier.

2- On controller I STILL can't get the "Comomand pet" to work, or ONLY for ultimate (sometimes), which is both stick in together, hold and then use right trigger, not easy to do in combat. So please don't talk about "bring pet back to you." Contoller only gets Heavy Attack to redirect attacks.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 25, 2021 5:45PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems this would be another example to add to the Frustration at Inability to Solo Group Dungeons thread.

Need more tanks for queue

I am a tank main.

Want to know why tanks don't queue? DPS who immediately run ahead and pull everyone else to boss. DPS complaining that we're not skipping specific mobs, or didn't make the pull big enough for them. Fake healers (I only care on content like vet Stone Garden). DPS who don't even have min DPS req'd for the content. Etc...

I end up leaving group 3-5 times for EVERY dungeon I want to queue for, because nothing is worth the crap I get from most finder groups.

Hint for players: if you do get a real tank, in meta tanking gear, with proper skills, just deal with it. Don't gripe that I'm not "perfectly" pulling the dungeon to your specs. I can just drop group and have insta-q again in 5 mins, and I know the next tank you get will most likely be a fake.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 25, 2021 6:07PM
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coming back to the topic of this thread: after the disaster of the Kilt lead hidden in hydrous plants in Shadowfen we were thinking this is the worst. Well, ZOS proved us wrong...

Whats the next escalation? A lead locked behind trifectas? To pick up volendrung but drops only if you are emporer? Finish Cadwells gold below lvl 20?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tomfant wrote: »
    Coming back to the topic of this thread: after the disaster of the Kilt lead hidden in hydrous plants in Shadowfen we were thinking this is the worst. Well, ZOS proved us wrong...

Whats the next escalation? A lead locked behind trifectas? To pick up volendrung but drops only if you are emporer? Finish Cadwells gold below lvl 20?

That kind of lead is tedious, and dreadfully time-consuming, but at least it can be done solo.

Is this the Markyn Ring lead in Falkreath chests? I have already got a couple of leads for that mythic so I got interested in getting it, but when I saw chest farming in a group dlc dungeon for one of the pieces I was crestfallen. Waiting in the dps queue forever for a group to hope I can loot the chests and then run this dozens or hundreds of times again?

These leads that require other players are troublesome. You can’t count on other players helping you.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree this was terribly tedious to farm. Must have run it 30 times before I got the lead. I pugged it, and the waits weren’t too long, even as a DPS. On the bright side, I got most of the weapons…
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been bouncing between soloing Falkreath until I get the two chests and soloing the first groups of adds in Black drake villa until the first boss. Still no lead drops but quites a few solo clears of Falkreath. So many now that I am mostly done with the set collection for the dungeon lol. This is definitely the most annoying farming wise. Especially since every boss is unskippable in order to move further in for chests.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is this the Markyn Ring lead in Falkreath chests?

The Crimson Diamond is Belharza's band, which is really useless after it's nerf, but I'm a completionist... so will be getting THREE of these.

My husband has re-downloaded the game, bought a month of ESO+, and is helping me farm on a 3 year old build. (he hates MMOs and just didn't want to keep playing) At least I can get help when I ask now...
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 26, 2021 7:33PM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Offhand I don't know which lead this is, but I feel there are so many worse ones out there. Doing nDSA a million times, which is much longer than a dungeon and the lead only drops from the final boss, springs to mind.

However nothing will ever be worse to me than the ridiculousness of Thrassian's, which if I recall had TWO fishing leads. Two!! Why the heck do I want to be fishing for hours to farm a lead for a piece to be used in combat?!? I tried so hard for that one. Even after I knew the nerf was incoming, I fished and fished trying to get the lead before it was nerfed so I could experience the fun of it. But no, never got it. I finally gave up, post nerf.

By contrast a dungeon chest seems exactly where I would want a lead to be. Anything that has me out there and killing stuff, and not forcing me into an alternate area of the game for an excessive amount of time, is ok by me. In a dungeon I can get level alts, get drops for stickerbook and mats, level companions, level ledgermain, level abilities... etc. I would MUCH rather be doing that than sitting at a fishing hole.

But to each his own. And if your lead in a dungeon chest is for PvP, I kind of get it. But still seems better than fishing OR DSA. :D
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is this the Markyn Ring lead in Falkreath chests?

The Crimson Diamond is Belharza's band, which is really useless after it's nerf, but I'm a completionist... so will be getting THREE of these.

My husband has re-downloaded the game, bought a month of ESO+, and is helping me farm on a 3 year old build. (he hates MMOs and just didn't want to keep playing) At least I can get help when I ask now...

Ugh, I wish I could get my hubby to play this game and help me with stuff like that.

I don’t think I could solo Falkreath, I can manage FG1 but haven’t tried any others.

Lucky you!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• barigood54_ESO
    From your comment "Heaven forbid players help other players"..... Sounds like you need to get into a guild 👍... or maybe
    a better guild? 👌... or become a better member? Seriously, my guild is so friendly and helpful to other members, the game wouldnt be fun without them!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Offhand I don't know which lead this is, but I feel there are so many worse ones out there. Doing nDSA a million times, which is much longer than a dungeon and the lead only drops from the final boss, springs to mind.

However nothing will ever be worse to me than the ridiculousness of Thrassian's, which if I recall had TWO fishing leads. Two!! Why the heck do I want to be fishing for hours to farm a lead for a piece to be used in combat?!? I tried so hard for that one. Even after I knew the nerf was incoming, I fished and fished trying to get the lead before it was nerfed so I could experience the fun of it. But no, never got it. I finally gave up, post nerf.

By contrast a dungeon chest seems exactly where I would want a lead to be. Anything that has me out there and killing stuff, and not forcing me into an alternate area of the game for an excessive amount of time, is ok by me. In a dungeon I can get level alts, get drops for stickerbook and mats, level companions, level ledgermain, level abilities... etc. I would MUCH rather be doing that than sitting at a fishing hole.

But to each his own. And if your lead in a dungeon chest is for PvP, I kind of get it. But still seems better than fishing OR DSA. :D

I think the OP's point was more that by putting the lead in a chest (rather than as a boss drop) it's super easy to miss if the rest of the group just wants to go through the dungeon quickly and not scour for chests.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs, love y'all but WHY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL DID YOU PUT A LEAD IN DUNGEON CHESTS?!?!?!?!

Here's my experience trying to get the Crimson Diamond lead:

1. Ask in 5 guilds if anyone wants to run nFH for lead. Response: silence (asked in guild discords too, no response) Multiple days, multiple times of day. No one will ever run nFH.

2. Queue in Dungeon Finder for normal Falkreath: either a 30+min wait for queue, OR group rushes through, skips adds and chests. Can't get anyone to stay grouped so I can go back for chests.

3. Try Soloing normal Falkreath: Went pretty well until Mirri kept resetting Cenuronn or "planting" OUTSIDE the circle so the 3 adds die where I can't run their souls.

Why is ESO so against players coming in when they have time to play and being able to do things relatively easily? Or at least not having companions screw us out of doing the things when other players refuse to help?

Heaven forbid players help other players.

Lol wdym eso is so against easy time players? They just put one or two leads to pve dungeons. And one in pvp, the rest is in overworld where you can get it easily.

At this point Zos should just give everything to you guys instantly. Seriously.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip]
    kringled_1 wrote: »

I think the OP's point was more that by putting the lead in a chest (rather than as a boss drop) it's super easy to miss if the rest of the group just wants to go through the dungeon quickly and not scour for chests.

Yes, this is the point. Dungeon leads should only drop from bosses or mobs that cannot be skipped, or players should be allowed to stay in a Finder instance long enough to go back and clear what the group skipped.

It’s great to be told the guilds I love are awful just because people refuse to drop what they’re doing, especially when other posters in this thread are my guildies. It’s always been difficult to find 4 people who want/have time to run a dungeon where the gear is not meta, for a lead to a mythic that isn’t meta.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 27, 2021 4:36PM
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Run, run, run as fast as you can. People, who aren´t in a hurry will never get surpriced xD
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me 30 runs of Falkreath before the lead finally dropped. 60 chests. Probably my least favorite lead to date. For comparison, the DSA lead took like 6 runs for me.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Took me 30 runs of Falkreath before the lead finally dropped. 60 chests. Probably my least favorite lead to date. For comparison, the DSA lead took like 6 runs for me.

I haven't tried yet, and now I'm pretty sure I'm not going to. That's just appalling and nothing remotely enjoyable to subject myself to.

I really don't get why ZOS doesn't understand that "discouraged" is an emotion you literally never want your players to experience.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I haven't tried yet, and now I'm pretty sure I'm not going to. That's just appalling and nothing remotely enjoyable to subject myself to.

I really don't get why ZOS doesn't understand that "discouraged" is an emotion you literally never want your players to experience.

To be fair, about half of those runs ended the moment I looted 2 chests. Sometimes that was before the 3rd boss just after entering the gates. Most of the runs were solo, so I wasn't dealing with other people and going at my own pace, often just running past everything and wiping when I found a chest to loot. Did do quite a few solo clears of the entire dungeon. Once I got past the 5th boss I would just complete it for the set pieces. Definitely still a nightmare.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with this, been soloing Falkreath the past few days with nothing to show for it. The lead drop rate needs to be way higher given there are only 2 chests per run. As a codex collector this is extremely annoying.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree on this one. What were they thinking?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know