Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I have Bastion (star, not companion) slotted on my DPS characters?

vinnyml
vinnyml
✭✭✭
Description:

Increases the effectiveness of your damage shields and damage against shielded enemies by 3% per stage.

I looked for other posts on this, but they were all about the shield part. I'm asking specifically about the bolded part above.

Is this something most DPS characters have slotted? And if not, is it because there are better choices? Or because it isn't particularly effective? Both?

Thanks in advance and please let me know if this isn't the right place to post this.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that slotted for almost all of my DPS characters. I do a lot of solo combat, so I really want the damage shield buff. I really don't know how much the enemy shields change things, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a few fights where bosses get a shield and it can be nice to slot this passive (e.g. Zhaj'hassa in Maw of Lorkhaj, Dro'Zakar in Moongrave Fane). But generally it's one of the passives that are much more useful in pvp than pve.

Some useful red pve dd stars are:
    - Rejuvenation
    - Celerity
    - Boundless Vitality
    - Fortified
    - Siphoning Spells / Bloody Renewal (only for some fights / setups)
    - Expert Evasion
    - Spirit Mastery (only when your group members are dying a lot)
    - (Sustained by suffering) (I actually don't know if it's intended or bugged, but there are some effects that trigger this without having a real negative impact on your character)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you do solo stuff, but since shields can be critted, they melt fairly fast with decent DPS.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vinnyml wrote: »
    Description:

Increases the effectiveness of your damage shields and damage against shielded enemies by 3% per stage.

I looked for other posts on this, but they were all about the shield part. I'm asking specifically about the bolded part above.

Is this something most DPS characters have slotted? And if not, is it because there are better choices? Or because it isn't particularly effective? Both?

Thanks in advance and please let me know if this isn't the right place to post this.

I find it useful for certain specific builds with high shield uptime but that's mostly tank builds and always for the defensive buff. There are a fair number of better options on the attacking side that just give you more damage all the time.

Not sure I'd agree with rejuvenation any more - it was OTT until this update but it's been nerfed into the floor so it's now far more effective to get the regen from jewellery and use the slot to up the damage that you lost from making a jewellery item regen not bloodthirsty.

Too many toons not enough time