The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

give us finaly cp battleground

• Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want this but it's probably not the best idea. The main point of contention is knowing who's the focus for BGs. Currently, I'd argue it's a system meant for casual-friendly and entry-level players. Let's be honest, 1-50 BGs is a joke of an experience. These players are being dunked on by the 1 vet or so that's leveling an alt with a great gear/build while some skills are not morphed, they're missing other key skills, and worse of all they have no clue what they're really doing. At least by max level, they have enough pieces to the puzzle to have a shot. Add CP into the equation and you're just extending the frustration from a part of your userbase you should be hooking and reeling in, not running away.

ESO PvP is quite difficult to grasp compared to most MMOs. Cyro can be the "training wheels off" environment but newbs need to learn somewhere without being forced into zerg groups and long mount rides to keeps.
    King of Beasts

• WhyEvenTry
    WhyEvenTry
    ✭✭✭
    The best answer if you want balanced pvp is to move towards all pvp being no cp, and leave the cp system solely for pve. It is impossible to balance for both CP and Non-CP pvp. Removing one of these would lead to an easier game to balance. Removing cp would be the best option because you cut out all those extra variables to account for.

Leave the CP system for pve, which is a much more controlled environment than pvp. Move all pvp to only no cp across the board.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    We Need Four Options. With, maybe, an option to opt-out of (blacklist) one BG theme. I do believe queue times for certain BG themes certainly would tank, if players could queue for only one BG theme. Obviously everyone would be queuing for Deathmatch.

So, the options we need are:

- CP Enabled Random (group queues allowed, open to characters at level 50)

- CP Enabled Solo Random (individual characters at level 50)

- CP Disabled Random (group queues allowed, open to characters of any level)

- CP Disabled Solo Random (individual characters of any level)

- With the possible option of blacklisting one BG theme.

Even if this did cause queue times to run longer*, it would be worth it.

*However, I don't believe it would cause queue times to change much. Players who currently do not queue for BGs, because they aren't willing to invest in a deliberately incomplete aspect of the game, would probably start queuing up, once they saw a CP Enabled option. I think it highly likely that queue times would actually decrease.

There is literally no reason to oppose this suggestion. If you don't want to have CP enabled in the BGs you join, then don't queue for CP Enabled BGs... What could be simpler? You would be completely unaffected by this change.
    Edited by SimonBelmont on February 27, 2021 5:01AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    You turned four options into sixteen. Which I agree would be a bit much. Fortunately, no one is asking for or expecting that.
    Do you not understand what I was getting at? The point of listing that many options was to show what the queue would look like if we had the ability to choose both game mode and whether or not CP was enabled. That won't happen, but it's possible that ZOS would be willing to enable one or the other. I'm willing to bet that a much larger majority of actual BG-players would rather have the ability to pick specific game modes, rather than the option of playing horribly unbalanced and crutch-laden CP-PvP.

BG regulars have long wanted separate solo and group queues, as well as options for picking the game mode, custom lobbies (to organize all-premade games more easily), and other things of that sort. Essentially none of us have been begging for CP to be reenabled, and there were a *lot* of complaints about CP-BGs when they were around a while back. I don't personally see the CP 2.0 system really changing that very much, especially since there will be an enormous gap between veterans and newer players. Unfair advantages like that should be left in Cyrodiil or Imperial City, and not make their way into Battlegrounds.

Talk about a self-fullfilling prophecy! :s The reason "BG regulars" who don't like CP are the only regulars in the first place is BECAUSE players who prefer to play with CP were chased out of Battlegrounds years ago. I refuse to invest time or gold into No-CP builds or No-CP game modes because I know that No-CP is bad for the health and integrity of the game. By supporting No-CP BGs, all you guys are doing is giving the ZOS devs an excuse to delay balancing their game so they have more time to code more loot crates for the crown store. ZOS had an opportunity to fix things for Battlegrounds with CP 2.0, and it sounds like they blew it. That's a crying shame, but it's still not a reason to deprive players of the CHOICE to play with the CP they've spents years earning.
    In order for ZOS to balance all PvP around being CP-enabled, both survivability and sustain would have to be nerfed pretty substantially. This would invariably affect PvE, and probably cause the forums to crash from all the fit-throwing that would ensue. Not to mention the huge power gap that exists between newer players and those with max (or near max) CP.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    You turned four options into sixteen. Which I agree would be a bit much. Fortunately, no one is asking for or expecting that.
    Do you not understand what I was getting at? The point of listing that many options was to show what the queue would look like if we had the ability to choose both game mode and whether or not CP was enabled. That won't happen, but it's possible that ZOS would be willing to enable one or the other. I'm willing to bet that a much larger majority of actual BG-players would rather have the ability to pick specific game modes, rather than the option of playing horribly unbalanced and crutch-laden CP-PvP.

BG regulars have long wanted separate solo and group queues, as well as options for picking the game mode, custom lobbies (to organize all-premade games more easily), and other things of that sort. Essentially none of us have been begging for CP to be reenabled, and there were a *lot* of complaints about CP-BGs when they were around a while back. I don't personally see the CP 2.0 system really changing that very much, especially since there will be an enormous gap between veterans and newer players. Unfair advantages like that should be left in Cyrodiil or Imperial City, and not make their way into Battlegrounds.

Talk about a self-fullfilling prophecy! :s The reason "BG regulars" who don't like CP are the only regulars in the first place is BECAUSE players who prefer to play with CP were chased out of Battlegrounds years ago. I refuse to invest time or gold into No-CP builds or No-CP game modes because I know that No-CP is bad for the health and integrity of the game. By supporting No-CP BGs, all you guys are doing is giving the ZOS devs an excuse to delay balancing their game so they have more time to code more loot crates for the crown store. ZOS had an opportunity to fix things for Battlegrounds with CP 2.0, and it sounds like they blew it. That's a crying shame, but it's still not a reason to deprive players of the CHOICE to play with the CP they've spents years earning.
    In order for ZOS to balance all PvP around being CP-enabled, both survivability and sustain would have to be nerfed pretty substantially. This would invariably affect PvE, and probably cause the forums to crash from all the fit-throwing that would ensue. Not to mention the huge power gap that exists between newer players and those with max (or near max) CP.

u can balance stuff with the battle spirit effect
    so it would only affect pvp

btw i m anway for splitting pve from pvp balancing completly

and power gap is just mimimi
    a newer player never never never should be as strong as a max cp player
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please KEEP CPs OUT of BGs.

Whenever I play BGs, I think NO CP is how PvP should be:
    - good balance
    - accessible for new players
    - players are rewarded for skill

Whenever I play CYRO, I think CP is how PvP never not be:
    - terrible balance
    - hell for new players
    - players are rewarded for playing time (CP), not for skill

Edited by BalticBlues on February 27, 2021 11:24AM
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭

- good balance

Whenever I play CYRO, I thinkCP is how PvP never not be:
    - terrible balance
    - hell for new players

Ehh honestly the balance is just different. I wouldn’t call the abuse of dots and proc sets that occurs in No CP any better. When you see people dominating kills on the scoreboard, it’s often full proc dot builds where they just mindlessly spam until your terrible No CP sustain falters and you struggle to ever find an opening.

However, I agree that No CP is more accessible to newer players. At least they can grind out a dot proc build and find some success as well.
    Edited by Ace_SiN on February 27, 2021 11:48AM
    King of Beasts

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    balance is just different. I wouldn’t call the abuse of dots and proc sets that occurs in No CP any better.
    Without CP, I find balance much better, because the CP allocation does not carry you as in CP. In fact, NoCP feels balanced to me because you can play with almost any reasonable setup. On the other hand, in CP a few meta Stam setups rule almost anything... to a point where you almost feel stupid if you do not follow these setups...

With the reduction of crit next patch, I do not even see how LA will feasible anymore against HA + Malakath in CP next patch. After shield size and shield resistance have been nerfed hard before, the crit nerf now looks the final nail in the PvP coffin for LA to me, at least in Cyro CP. I hope LA at least in NoCP might still be feasible.
    Edited by BalticBlues on February 27, 2021 2:57PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

- good balance

- terrible balance
    - hell for new players

New players and you still can choose play no CP BG. Let how wana play CP BG have the same right to chose as you already have
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- good balance

- terrible balance
    - hell for new players

New players and you still can choose play no CP BG. Let how wana play CP BG have the same right to chose as you already have
    As some of us have already pointed out, that would almost certainly mean that the ability to choose game modes would not make a comeback. And given the option between being able to pick game modes, or being able to choose CP-enabled (which, again, is horribly balanced for 4v4v4), I think the choice is clear.

I think a lot of people just don't appreciate how badly CP has always been balanced when good players are involved and you can't bring a zerg.
    u can balance stuff with the battle spirit effect
    so it would only affect pvp

btw i m anway for splitting pve from pvp balancing completly

and power gap is just mimimi
    a newer player never never never should be as strong as a max cp player
    Trying to balance it with Battlespirit would effectively ruin no-CP; survivability and sustain would be practically non-existent. This means that anyone who's either new, transfers from one platform to another, or just prefers not having an unfair advantage over the opposition due to having played longer, loses out. Not to mention all the number tweaking ZOS would have to play with in order to get max-CP in PvP balanced via Battlespirit. There are much better places for them to put in that sort of effort...like class and set balancing.

PvP should be accessible to newer players, platform transfers, and those who are returning after some time away from the game. Forcing them to do some horrendously boring PvE grind in order to be competitive is a terrible idea, and one that I hope Zenimax never listens to. PvP should be more skill-competitive, not something that hands out unfair advantages just because Player-A has invested more time than Player-B.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on February 27, 2021 10:27PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is straight up more balanced in no CP, and will be even more so next patch.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Turning off CP entirely in BGs is basically an admission of failure on Zenimax's part.

And, I know this is a bit off-topic, but why the heck can't we be queued for both a dungeon AND a BG? Is that really asking too much..?
    Edited by SimonBelmont on March 3, 2021 3:55AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prefer no CP BG's and I don't think enough people play BG enough to split the queue into 2 groups.

Stay safe and have fun :)
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    If we want balanced PvP for any modes such as cyro and BG, we need to disable all cp and proc sets.

Only after that we will see the return of skilled players and not trolls.

That's it :)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the cp rework its finaly time to get the option to play battlegrounds with cp

in cyro player can choose if they want to play with or without cp
    in battlegrounds we dont have the option

and there is no reason for it - and for anyone who will say now that the queues would be to long... they just recently merged the queues for the game mode so it will be fine .

so zos gives us FINALY cp bgs!!!

Flat no

They tried it and it was awful. The games all went to time, it didn't suit the pace.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    with the cp rework its finaly time to get the option to play battlegrounds with cp

and there is no reason for it - and for anyone who will say now that the queues would be to long... they just recently merged the queues for the game mode so it will be fine .

Flat no

They tried it and it was awful. The games all went to time, it didn't suit the pace.

thats the argument which comes up every time but after a few reworks why shouldnt they they even reintroduced crits on proc sets

even if u dont want cp pls dont stand in the way for players who want no one itends to force u to play cp
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    If we want balanced PvP for any modes such as cyro and BG, we need to disable all cp and proc sets.

Only after that we will see the return of skilled players and not trolls.

That's it :)

i have a better idea for u
    lets disable all sets, mundus stones , buffoood, potions, vampire / werewolf, race abilities , clasees, active skilles, all passive skill, weapons , even armor
    and just go for a fist fight with the exact stats on everyone - thats fair its very fair acutally but is it fun ? no its not
    if the game gives me custimization options and than tells me "u cant customize that way cause mimimi" than its just random ass trash

IF cp and proc set is not balanced the solution is NOT to disable them the solution is to balance them
    and if u cant balance them remove it entierly and not just in 25% of all content

and i can understand if players dont like cp mainly cause they arnt max cp there for there is a no cp option but why remove the option for all players to choose cp its just dumb
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to have the other objective battlegrounds back or a totally separate actually random queue! :) They can be CP or non; I’m not particular on that.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to have the other objective battlegrounds back or a totally separate actually random queue! :) They can be CP or non; I’m not particular on that.

as far as i know they are back u can select a queue with objective bgs but standert one is just death match only
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone that has grinded BG's at a high level for the last five years it is apparent that CP in BG's is a poor idea. At a high level most deathmatches conclude due to time rather than kills, if CP were to be introduced survivability and sustain would be increased, and even less players would die in a structured team.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had CP Battlegrounds for an update. It turned into a tank-fest that dragged matches out. ZoS decided they liked the faster pace and quicker TTK of No CP BGs.

Are you expecting a different result with the CP rework, such that ZOS should give it another try?

Yes, I definitely expect a different result. What was the point of "fixing" the CP system unless something actually got fixed? They made us wait YEARS for this rework - they better have something to show for it.

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that the CP change was just to justify a massively inflated level cap so people dont feel like they've "finished" the game at 810. It did little to actually change the game beyond make CP much more annoying and cumbersome.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we really need is a proper ranked queue
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we really need is a proper ranked queue

They should consolidate the game modes. Yes perceptionwise pve players might feel the changes done to their builds are due to pvp, but having everything CP will allow the devs the chance to adjust the game accordingly.

Having nCP and CP alone accounts for too much feedback, and the nCP being turned on just means they can set it and forget it when adjusting things for pvp. Why adjust pvp balance when nCP handles that for you?

They should then group everyone into the que, just make it a solo que only.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Flat no

thats the argument which comes up every time but after a few reworks why shouldnt they they even reintroduced crits on proc sets

even if u dont want cp pls dont stand in the way for players who want no one itends to force u to play cp

Because it would split population so it would impact.

Honnestly though it's just not a playstyle suited to battlegrounds.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KhajiitLivesMatter but honestly the CP 2.0 still isn’t that good.
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us a proper ranked battleground! Competitive players need an outlet.

Crap I posted this same thing above and forgot, my b!
    Edited by MentalxHammer on January 31, 2022 4:50PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us a proper ranked battleground! Competitive players need an outlet.

Crap I posted this same thing above and forgot, my b!

They need that a lot of pvp player did quit because of lack of competitiveness
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    @KhajiitLivesMatter but honestly the CP 2.0 still isn’t that good.

yea but there was few reasons to remove bgs in the first place
    if no one would play cp pvp than why is the most popular cyro campaign cp ?
    just give us the option and players will decide if it will be played