Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tips on finding the “right” guild

PrinceCaine
PrinceCaine
Soul Shriven
Hey all,

PS-NA player here. I’m looking for a guild AND I posted in the correct forum to do that. Here I am looking for tips on how to find a guild that meets my needs. (Also, the PS-NA board looks kinda slow, so I reckon a lot of recruitment happens online with the guild finder).

I’m a solo-player that wants to transition to group PVE. I have never done the most basic low-level dungeons ever, yet I have leveled a handful of toons to 30th-40th level. I got the gist of the low level game. I weave attacks, equip a different types of armor in two slots, I can block and interrupt, assign attributes and pick good skills, and I know the importance of food and drink. I have done some crafting. If you say crafting writs, I know what you mean. I’ve studied some at Alcast and Dottz. I know better than to pick Stamina morphs when playing Magicka based characters.

But I have never done Spindleclutch I, let alone ten thousand other dungeons.

I got a little social anxiety but it’s relatively low-level and I don’t mind using a mic when necessary.

I have tried guilds before but I’ve always ended up in guilds that advertised all levels of play and teaching, but have ended up being a small group of vets who have played through all the content multiple times. I learned the hard way that progression is a trial concept and not progressing through the game.

Also I’ve learned that I don’t need a guild trader or fleshed out guild hall. Well, I don’t need those *more* than I need friends to play through some dungeons with me.

So what specifically should I look for? Any advice? I’ve read “social guilds”, but candidly speaking I want to play the game. Chatting and looking at pets and vacation pictures on Discord is fine and all, but if without actually playing group PVE it’s not that important to me.

Like I mentioned, I want to transition from solo to group PVE.

Any advice most welcome. Disclaimer, I have not looked at guild finder yet. It’s waaay early in the morning and I’m just restless.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about all social guilds, but the ones I have been in have done dungeon and trial runs, skyshard hunts, lorebook hunts, so I wouldn't discount them
    Soupy twist
  • PrinceCaine
    PrinceCaine
    Soul Shriven
    Fair!
  • PrinceCaine
    PrinceCaine
    Soul Shriven
    I’m sorry community, I must sound very judgmental and entitled, especially in regards to older guilds. That wasn’t my intent. I’ve just never had a good experience with a guild, but I’ve never ever had a bad one either. It’s just not made any difference and I’ve felt disappointed. It’s caused me to decide that MMO’s are just not something for me. THIS TIME, I’m trying to break that cycle. Put myself out there more.

But the common denominator has been me. I own and recognize that.

This is not a ‘but’, however I do notice something else this time around. If I’m going to get into the group component of this game, the “bells and whistles” of a guild aren’t going to make the difference.

But my regrets if my tone was in any way entitled.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You probably want a mid-sized guild or an off-shoot of one of the more established guilds. It takes time. I found the 3 I am in by pugging in Craglorn or running dungeons in group finder. One is a high-level end game trials guild, one is a large and pretty informal dungeons, trials, and PVP guild, and the third is an all-around guild. But I probably went through another dozen or so in the process, with the guild either folding, me quitting, or getting the boot because I couldn't play 5+ times a week.

I'd say your best bet is the Craglorn route. You get to see the players play and how they interact with each other over the group audio. If they sound like the kind of players you want to play with, ask for an invite.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m sorry community, I must sound very judgmental and entitled, especially in regards to older guilds. That wasn’t my intent. I’ve just never had a good experience with a guild, but I’ve never ever had a bad one either. It’s just not made any difference and I’ve felt disappointed. It’s caused me to decide that MMO’s are just not something for me. THIS TIME, I’m trying to break that cycle. Put myself out there more.

But the common denominator has been me. I own and recognize that.

This is not a ‘but’, however I do notice something else this time around. If I’m going to get into the group component of this game, the “bells and whistles” of a guild aren’t going to make the difference.

But my regrets if my tone was in any way entitled.

Don't worry I didn't take it that way.

I truly fell on my feet with the social guild I joined. I do think they require some active investment though. I'm not the most sociable beast, but I shyly put my name down for noob trials, ran a few, got brave enough to actually talk to people and it was onwards and upwards ever since.

We have a facebook group which also helped me alot I think, because that is the only social media I really use, and it helps me to know the people not just an online ID. Also being on voice chat for trials etc (I'm on console, so voice chat is easy) made it feel more inclusive, even though I would otherwise hate to be on mic.
    Soupy twist