The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twice Born Start & Patch 32...Weapons and Spell damage

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

In patch 32:

Sets that grant Weapon or Spell Damage now grant both.
Sets that grant Physical or Spell Penetration now grant both.
Sets that grant Weapon or Spell Critical rating now grant both.

Wearing TBS
If I choose the Warrior:
Increases Weapon Damage by 238
389 with 7 Legendary Divine Traits

and

the Apprentice
Increases Spell Power by 238
389 with 7 Legendary Divine Traits

Do I get double either spell or weapon?

Or just the single?

Or is Spell Power not the same as Weapon damage?

Tanks,

Z
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Mundus Stones are not the same as armor sets. Set bonuses are being hybridized in update 32, but I haven't heard anything regarding Mundus stones allowing the same kind of double stat boost (I could be wrong).

You would get whatever the blessing of the Mundus stone you selected says the effect will be, and when wearing 5 pieces of twice born star, you would also get the effects of whatever the 2nd Mundus stone you picked was as well.

Unless Twice Born Star gets some love from the devs, it's even less viable in update 32 than currently because its bonuses do NOT benefit from the double stat boost:

(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (5 items) You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time.

5 piece TBS provides no pen, no crit, no damage as an armor bonus. It'll buff your raw attributes, but does not benefit at all from the double stat hybrid boosts of update 32.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    The set is super outdated, I really hope zos could revive those old sets. its makes no sense to still have a set in the game that no one would ever use it
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to use TBS for hybrid, pick hybrid munuds' like pen/crit/critdmg
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like TBS for leveling, together with Adept Rider, cause their 5 set bonuses are not changing and are pretty good for grinding, even if you replace training with divine ;p

But sure, looking at requirements... well, TBS is surely not worthy those 9 traits. Maybe 5-6, like Heartland Conqueror, which is quite similar in the idea of design.

So drop requirements or replace attributes with crit or dmg, i would say ;)

• EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    I like TBS for leveling, together with Adept Rider, cause their 5 set bonuses are not changing and are pretty good for grinding, even if you replace training with divine ;p

But sure, looking at requirements... well, TBS is surely not worthy those 9 traits. Maybe 5-6, like Heartland Conqueror, which is quite similar in the idea of design.

Adept is amazing for new toon, and I use heartland these days, to boost weapon training trait.
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    I have a set of TBS for new characters. The set is level 30 or 32. It’s a good “filler” set for when content gets a little more difficult and works well until getting to level 50 (pairs well with Julianos for mag characters). The set let’s you get a small boost for areas where the char might benefit (speed, health, stam regen, etc.) and before monster sets are usable.

The one big downside to TBS is: if you remove one piece of it (or more), you lose the second mundus and need to run around to get it again (yay for guild halls with the mundus stones). If you switch gear a lot, it becomes a pain.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

Always wondered why this one required 9 traits for what it does.

Is disappointment a trait?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

Always wondered why this one required 9 traits for what it does.

Is disappointment a trait?

When it came out it was a top tier set... not so much now. How far its fallen into Oblivion.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine if the set if it was equipped would hybridize the mundus bonuses would be pretty neat.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I imagine if the set if it was equipped would hybridize the mundus bonuses would be pretty neat.

it would be interesting...

I would like to find out...
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »

it would be interesting...

I would like to find out...

Same, imagine equipping the apprentice and the warrior and they both have spell and weapon damage! Now I wanna see this happen.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    So something like Heartland Conqueror

two items:
    Adds 129 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage

What happens here? Do they double? or Stay the same?

This why I am curious about TBS as first posted.

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love it Twice Born Star was changed to this...
    • (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    • (3 items) You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time.
    • (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka, Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    • (5 items) You can have three Mundus Stone boons at the same time.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it Twice Born Star was changed to this...
    • (3 items) You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time.
    • (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka, Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    • (5 items) You can have three Mundus Stone boons at the same time.

why not
    • (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina / Magicka
    • (3 items) You can have 3 mundus stone at the same time

i would prefer a 3 piece set instead of a 5 pieces set lol
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GuildedLilly

Mundus Stones are not the same as armor sets. Set bonuses are being hybridized in update 32, but I haven't heard anything regarding Mundus stones allowing the same kind of double stat boost (I could be wrong).

Right, I guess Mundus stones are not affected, but it is part of the set now....am I splitting hairs now?

Would love to see a change to this set.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybridizing one of those Mundus Stones would be nice since it would clear the way for a brand-new Mundus Stone to take the other's place.

But definitely TBS could stand a buff. Simply improving the 2-4 piece effects would be a great place to begin.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybridizing one of those Mundus Stones would be nice since it would clear the way for a brand-new Mundus Stone to take the other's place.

But definitely TBS could stand a buff. Simply improving the 2-4 piece effects would be a great place to begin.

Exactly. The problem is not really the two mundus buff, but the remaining 2-4 piece effects. It is just horribly weak and lackluster - all roles have much better alternatives available. For example, if we want this to turn into a DD set then could do something like this:
    • (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina and Magicka
    • (3 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    • (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    • (5 items) You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time.

Alternatively 3 or 4 piece bonus could be changed to penetration. As OP mentioned it could pick up damage bonus, which with divines is 389, so better than Julianos/Hunding. Of course you would not pick both damage mundus, but you could flexibly take penetration or HP or recovery buffs based on your actual need (divines recovery is really strong for example).

If this approach could be implemented then we could maybe see a tank or healer version of TBS too, which would be interesting. Personally I still find fun to experiment with double-mundus buffs, but that would need a solid baseline. On the 3 mundus suggestion I'd say no though.

Other issue with TBS is that it forgets the second mundus immediately when the 5 piece bonus is dropped. This makes it pretty useless, since you can only use in scenarios where you are not changing gear at all. It should remember the bonus, even it could be imbued directly in the armor, in the description of 5th piece when visiting a mundus stone. It could be actually why it is neglected - changing this could be tricky, and some may remember the bug the set had in the past, allowing to take ALL mundus stones at once...
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    SickDuck wrote: »

Other issue with TBS is that it forgets the second mundus immediately when the 5 piece bonus is dropped. This makes it pretty useless, since you can only use in scenarios where you are not changing gear at all. It should remember the bonus, even it could be imbued directly in the armor, in the description of 5th piece when visiting a mundus stone. It could be actually why it is neglected - changing this could be tricky, and some may remember the bug the set had in the past, allowing to take ALL mundus stones at once...

oh god that is the WORST!!!!
    "Look at me, I am wearing a 5 piece...wait, not any more..."
    You have to go back to the damn stones as well.
    I understand fro a dev perspective this could suck.
    What about just doubling the effect of the mundus stone?

Oh TBS, I can't quit you!
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two mundus stones are fine, but the set needs to provide a bit more, it falls behind other sets
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    First 3 bonuses should be different ,but i like this set and i would like to use it to pvp as sustain and defense set in 1.