The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trying to run on Linux for the first time

Kozato
Kozato
✭✭✭
So I've jumped to linux (Pop OS) and I forgot something important. Even though ESO apparently works through steam with proton... I don't have the steam version of the game. I have the standalone type. I tried using wine and installed the game there, but the furthest that would let me is opening the launcher, downloading the game, but the play button would break when clicking.

So what I'm hoping to learn is either how to get wine to run ESO (I'm new to this) or simply moving my game to the steam version. If I have to redeem a key or something that's fine. I feel if I can get my account on to steam then it'll be a lot easier to make thee game run than trying to get the standalone version running.

If anyone knows about this stuff, could you let me know which option here is better, and how to tackle it?
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The standalone version also works but you do need to have a very very recent proton or equivalent wine fork to work around what appears to be an anti-cheat incompatibility with the latest update. Generic wine won't currently cut it.

Not sure you need to go get the steam version of ESO - steam should allow you to import existing non steam games and then run them through proton. I've not tried this with ESO however.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The FAQ below goes over playing ESO on Linux.

Will there ever be a Linux version?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE You might want to update that FAQ for two things

- Linux supports Stadia so you might want to point people at that option (Chrome is supported on Linux - Linux desktop, Android and ChromeOS, and Stadia supports Chrome)
    - The FAQ says Mac but it is now "old Macintosh" only so the FAQ is misleading and out of date

Too many toons not enough time
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    Question For the Linux Community in here,

Hi, Im newbie on Linux and Im trying to install ESO on Linux using STEAM, the issue is installing the game for the first time, it says "Z:\home\kinkuple\.steam\debian-installations\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online 20 GB Required / 7 GB Available" But i have more than 120GB free on my disk, Any help with this?

• OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    OhDios wrote: »
    Question For the Linux Community in here,

Hi, Im newbie on Linux and Im trying to install ESO on Linux using STEAM, the issue is installing the game for the first time, it says "Z:\home\kinkuple\.steam\debian-installations\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online 20 GB Required / 7 GB Available" But i have more than 120GB free on my disk, Any help with this?

I Found how to Fix it, just Add this command line in the game properties on the steam client
    ez2jbokya00e.png