The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to defeat Molag Bal

Sorcrater
Sorcrater
✭✭
This discussion's purpose is informing struggling players how to defeat the Prince of Lies. For those that have beaten him, how did you do it? I for one circled him, using basic attacks while he used his flames and using my slotted abilities when he was vulnerable.(I found him to be incredibly vulnerable both after he had used a power attack and after he had come down from one of those sky-drop things.) Using this method, I lost very little health at all. Hope I get some responses!
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    I was really worried about this fight and stalled all weekend. Thanks to all the posts and advice from others on this forum, i beat him first try. I was vet 1 nightblade with bow primary, resto staff secondary. I used the resto staff heavy attack the whole fight. I kept my heal over time up when i needed it, paid very close attention to stay out of the red circles on the floor and reflected back on the titans. The fight didnt last as long as i thought it would.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At first I tried a bunch of advice about keeping my distance and using ranged stuff etc. but because I had created a dual wielding NB it just did not work for me as it did for others.

In the end I did the following
    - first part hitting with swallow soul & blood craze to get him down while self healing. Roll dodged his jump attack and his hard attack.
    - Just hit the titans a couple of times as I hadn't realised blocking was just as effective.
    - For the long haul I triggered Leeching Strikes then used swallow soul, blood craze and that while sticking close to him until the end. He never seemed to fire the ranged attack at me as I was right on top of him at all times.

The wife is a Sorc and she basically kept moving and using her destro staff, used bolt escape to avoid hid critical atacks, death blocked the titans and then continued the above tactics until he went down.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Moon-and-Star
    Moon-and-Star
    ✭✭
    I just attacked and kited around with a destro staff. I had some problems with the titans being a vamp until I realized that blocking returns there attacks back at them. So I just blocked all of there attacks and they were dead soon enough. Then I just kept attack molag bal with destro staff and he was defeated soon enough. Also used some of the skills in the fighters guild to power up my attacks and defense a bit.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used a restoration staff, with the following on the skill slots: soul trap, haunting curse, steadfast ward, force siphon, and clannfear, with ultimate set to panacea. It worked far better than I expected :) Thanks to the temporary massive ability powerup, I didn't even have to block the titans, I just used the staff on them and they died quickly.

I like using the clannfear, because every enemy attacks it when I summon it, and (temporarily, at least) ignores me. Molag Bal was no exception.

*** Yes, I know my post is 7 years after the previous, but some players (myself included, just now) found this thread useful, so I thought I'd add what I learned to the thread :)
    Edited by vsrs_au on August 3, 2021 4:34AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I used a restoration staff, with the following on the skill slots: soul trap, haunting curse, steadfast ward, force siphon, and clannfear, with ultimate set to panacea. It worked far better than I expected :) Thanks to the temporary massive ability powerup, I didn't even have to block the titans, I just used the staff on them and they died quickly.

I like using the clannfear, because every enemy attacks it when I summon it, and (temporarily, at least) ignores me. Molag Bal was no exception.

*** Yes, I know my post is 7 years after the previous, but some players (myself included, just now) found this thread useful, so I thought I'd add what I learned to the thread :)

You'll get in trouble and now I will but I'm a renegade, lol. Early it could be a difficult fight. Now-a-days Molag Bag is a whimp.
  • DARKSTER1
    DARKSTER1
    ✭✭
    you guys talk about the main quest line or the one at imperial city sewers?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DARKSTER1 wrote: »
    you guys talk about the main quest line or the one at imperial city sewers?

Since the thread started in 2014 before Imperial City launched, they are talking about base game Molag Bal.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 22, 2021 1:22PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh boy, we have another thread necromancer...
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in May 2014. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.