Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: Make it possible to hide/lock selected items from sell/deconstruct/research

• Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    Also this would work around the deconstruct-eats-your-helmet bug (though that is getting fixed next patch).
  • Arbi
    Arbi
    ✭✭
    lupusrex wrote: »
    (because of the extraction/merchant gold bonuses that these items then provide).

I agree that locking would be a nice feature, but I thought I should mention that wearing gear with those two traits does nothing. It only affects what you get from selling or deconstructing that piece of gear.

Thanks for that, Lupus. I Think I understood it all wrong with the intricate/ornate in the beginning.

Despite this misunderstanding I think that a sell/deconstruct lock would be very helpful and useful.
  • dynamite7673b14_ESO
    I agree 100% but to make it real easy make a "Mark as Keep" tab identical to the "Mark as Junk" tab in your inventory. It would keep you from being able to destroy/sell/deconstruct/research these items but they would be in a separate tab. You would have to intentionally move to that tab to rid yourself of any of these items. This would also be extremely easy for the devs to code.
    Nahte 26 - Sorcerer DPS
    Rebma VR1 - DK Tank
    Eener 20 - Sorcerer/Dedicated Crafter
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be incredibly useful.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to see something like that.
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    My two cents worth ...

Something needs to be in place. There are times when I can't sleep and end up in game at 3 in the morning.

Imagine now how many equipment mistakes I have made with vendors or deconstruction because I simply not thinking clearly and my hands are on cruise control.
  • Thaladar
    Thaladar
    There is an add-on for this. Works quite well for me.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info300-ItemSaver.html
  • IronbarSinister
    IronbarSinister
    Soul Shriven
    Paying attention to detail works well for me.

Why can't people simply pay attention to what they're doing & be more careful?

• AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes pls. should be simple to add.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    god yes, this please
  • jacky0002rwb17_ESO
    cymatt wrote: »
    it will be helpful otherwise has any addon this function?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info111-ResearchAssistant.html

You can use this to give you hint what gear to sell/deconstruct
  • Morticide828
    Morticide828
    ✭✭✭
    Not to threadmine, but as an avid drinker, I need this to be looked into again. I've deconned a tonne of legendaries..
    Morticide Baen'ath - Dragonknight ●

● The Eight Divines ●

● NA ● AD ● DUNMER ●
  • elowan
    elowan
    ✭✭✭
    Necro'd thread, but just in case people read this again:

While I agree that this should be available in the base game, as somebody has already posted, there's a fantastic and easy-to-use mod for this:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info300-ItemSaver.html

All it does is let you mark things as locked (and hide them in the various screens you want hidden, like merchants / decon etc.). I know it should be doable without a mod, but just use it, it's really fantastic.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted here originally when I didn't know about the addons. I'm now up to 39 addons. There was a recent update that messed up ItemSaver (or might have been RA?) and people decond things they were saving. It was caught fairly fast but a bit of damage was done.

ResearchAssistant is great too but across characters it doesn't work perfectly. Most likely a problem with the API than the addons code.
    Edited by Gillysan on September 22, 2014 12:44PM
  • Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    That would be great.
  • elowan
    elowan
    ✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

Just FYI, Itemsaver also removes locked items from shopkeeper, decon, and research lists, if you choose to have it do so. All three are toggle-able separately in the addon settings (so you could, as I do, remove saved items from shops and decon, but still show them in the research lists).
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @elowan‌

Sorry I didn't see that in the addon notes, thanks for the update.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that this has not been implemented yet. It has been discussed before. Just recently deconstructed one of my created items accidentally. So yes this is really needed.

Going to check out those addons.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • HellRazeD
    HellRazeD
    To date I havent got any addons, because we have 4 computers all with it installed (all mine...) and they all use the same account. Its a giant pain in the rectum to update addons and ensure all have the same addons, so Im just not using any.

Because my son has one character on the account, and my husband has another (the other 6 are mine), it can get very hairy, and there have been some instances where something I have banked for a character, or to research later, has been deconstructed by either my husband or my son.

While having the addons is fabulous, it would be nice to have it as a native feature, instead of having to create it for myself.
  • elowan
    elowan
    ✭✭✭
    To date I havent got any addons, because we have 4 computers all with it installed (all mine...) and they all use the same account. Its a giant pain in the rectum to update addons and ensure all have the same addons, so Im just not using any.

Because my son has one character on the account, and my husband has another (the other 6 are mine), it can get very hairy, and there have been some instances where something I have banked for a character, or to research later, has been deconstructed by either my husband or my son.

While having the addons is fabulous, it would be nice to have it as a native feature, instead of having to create it for myself.

First off, I completely agree that this should be in-game functionality. Before I discovered the addons, I accidentally deconstructed more than a few items I was saving for research.

That said, these addons really do work. ItemSaver (here) is fantastic, light weight, and allows you to both add a visual queue for saved items, as well as filtering them out of merchant / decon screens.

As far as addon management, I use the free Minion addon manager that esoui.com puts out (that's also where I get/ find all my addons). Once you're managing all the addons through minion, all you have to do is occasionally open it up and it will automatically check for updates. It doesn't need to stay open / run in the background, etc.. I haven't manually updated an addon since a few weeks after launch.

Addons should be updated / available across all characters in a given game installation. You shouldn't have up update them separately. The only thing that is character specific is the addon settings (most, but not all addons allow you to customize their setting to specific characters), but that's pretty much a one-time-only thing.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having just started a new char, it would be helpful to have a tickbox to either allow or disallow vault access while at the craft tables.

That way we can just use our char inventory to craft instead of our account inventory. Might be easier than trying to find a way to hide individual items that could be stored in both places.

What about it, Z?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I have started doing is putting items to be researched onto a Mule's Bag. This keeps them hidden from any crafting/selling efforts on my Mains. Since I am at the point where each item takes 12 days I am not having to shuffle things around as often as I would for the first 6 traits.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"