The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Down with Deathmatch

lrs8855b14_ESO
lrs8855b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Isn't it time we end this monotony? Variety is the spice of life and I truly miss the diversity of stratagems employed in objective battlegrounds.

I would love to hear what everyone else thinks; my own friend group shares my opinion, but can I get a yay or nay for those in agreement or dissention?

Thanks, and cheers! :)
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on November 17, 2021 1:46PM
StamDK StamBlade MagCro MagPlar MagSorc TankDen

• CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, don't create a holy war.

Don't create an 'us vs them' scenario.

Lots of people want objective battlegrounds to be playable again, of course.

But the solution is not to derail the conversation and propose getting rid of Deathmatches. We all want a better battleground experience, and if you could only get objective battlegrounds I think most people would be asking ZOS to fix it so you could get deathmatch battlegrounds also.

Many people want to play Deathmatch and they should be able to, just as the people who want to play objective modes should be able to do so also.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on November 17, 2021 2:39PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • GypsyKing22
    GypsyKing22
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a deathmatch only guy but it makes no sense not to have a separate queue for objective games. You wouldn't even need to have MMR for that honestly, just throw people together who queue for it.

Have a 'ranked' deathmatch queue, with actual MMR (I outlined in another topic how it could be easily implemented), and have an 'unranked' queue which is only for objective games.
  • lrs8855b14_ESO
    lrs8855b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Many people want to play Deathmatch and they should be able to, just as the people who want to play objective modes should be able to do so also.

Agreed.
    it makes no sense not to have a separate queue for objective games.
    Have a 'ranked' deathmatch queue, with actual MMR (I outlined in another topic how it could be easily implemented), and have an 'unranked' queue which is only for objective games.

I'd enjoy ranked objective games, though. Four queue types doesn't sound too much.
    StamDK StamBlade MagCro MagPlar MagSorc TankDen

• propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a fun change for the first week, but I feel like I've been checked in to the same Vegas hotel for over a month. Everything looks the same. The fake sky on the ceiling has lost its appeal, the bright lights are just annoying, and I'm tired of gambling every night.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but it's gotten to the point that I've been revisiting SWTOR after not playing it for years -- just to get my Voidstar, Civil War, Novare Coast and Huttball matches -- my objective PVP fix.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    No, don't create a holy war.

Don't create an 'us vs them' scenario.

Lots of people want objective battlegrounds to be playable again, of course.

But the solution is not to derail the conversation and propose getting rid of Deathmatches. We all want a better battleground experience, and if you could only get objective battlegrounds I think most people would be asking ZOS to fix it so you could get deathmatch battlegrounds also.

I understand that sentiment but for the last two weeks players in these forums have openly complained about fairly bringing back the other modes. They were met by the hardcore DM crowd constantly with “NO” and “JUST DROP ALL OBJECTIVE MODES”. The justification of such was the notion that DMs are overwhelmingly popular and that Objective matches aren’t PVP (to be clear as you and I are both aware any competition between players is technically PVP).

It’s hard to argue for a balance in a tug-of-war when one side refuses to stop pulling.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand that sentiment but for the last two weeks players in these forums have openly complained about fairly bringing back the other modes. They were met by the hardcore DM crowd constantly with “NO” and “JUST DROP ALL OBJECTIVE MODES”. The justification of such was the notion that DMs are overwhelmingly popular and that Objective matches aren’t PVP (to be clear as you and I are both aware any competition between players is technically PVP).

It’s hard to argue for a balance in a tug-of-war when one side refuses to stop pulling.

1) There's only one person calling to completely remove Objective Modes, stop pretending it's everyone. Very small minority either way
    2) You're the one trying to argue that the Creative Director is not looking right at the data you have no access to LOL. How many times have you said "Rich Lambert is wrong" in the past 2 weeks?
    3) You literally said you like to see people "duke it out" and go to empty flag/relic on another thread.
    - I like that in Capture the Relic you can watch people duke it out while they’ve taken their mind off the objective and you can brilliantly get relics
    Amazing PvP experience lmao

"Deathmatchers" are actually just pure PvPers. We play ESO to PvP. Most don't care about achievements, dyes, titles. We just want to test our mettle against fellow players through combat. We also recognize ESO 3 way Obj modes are bad PvP because of the very reason you like them, the fact that avoiding combat and going to am empty flag is the best strategy. Or that just building a mega block tank and sitting on a flag is a valid strategy. Or building a speedster for Chaosball with high regen and heals and just run around the map. We all know it, it's not some 200 IQ play like some objective players pretend it is. "Winning because of my ingenuity", gimme a break lmao. It's just BORING gameplay to the majority of people that want to PvP, which is why you don't have enough population to get your own queue, according to the Creative Director. Also why your leaderboard metrics were so low compared to the DM leaderboard back in the day we could queue for whatever mode we wanted. Imagine being able to break into the top 5 of Land Grab with 2 matches LMAO.

So, if you like objective modes so much, are you for or against turning all of Battlegrounds into Head-to-Head arenas so capturing objectives incentivizes combat and thus getting a population boost in the form of "DMers", people who like good PvP, like myself? Probably not, because then you'd have to fight for the objective lol. Just like all the "real PvP" objective games players like yourself like to bring up such as CS:GO, MOBAs, and yes even Chess. You gotta "fight" to get to and checkmate your opponents King piece. Your different pieces are your skills for combat.

TLDR: ESO Objective Modes are bad PvP. Surprised-Pikachu-Face when majority of PvPers don't want to play them and only want to play the best mode for PvP, Deathmatch (according to the majority since always).
    Edited by Magio_ on November 17, 2021 10:04PM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez... It's impossible to post about this without being met with antagonistic responses. :#

• Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeez... It's impossible to post about this without being met with antagonistic responses. :#

"Down with Deathmatch"

I wonder why.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Seeing as this thread has devolved rather quickly into Baiting, and is no longer constructive, we have gone ahead and closed it down. We understand that there are multiple side to every disagreement, and we welcome constructive debate so long as it stays within the Forum's Community Rules, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.