Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Curating does not work as intended

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
Of course the first thing I had to do was Arx Corinium, and what did I get? Sellistrix's Siphon. I already have the greatsword.

PC-EU. Copper Mahogany. Finished around 9.30ish pm CET.
Edited by cyberjanet on November 1, 2021 8:39PM
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I have 5 armor pieces collected for Warrior's fury set. Spent 100,000 AP this morning, wasted. Literally got the same pieces I already have and nothing new.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that the curated drops from dungeon bosses work... except when you get a named item such as Sellistrix's Siphon. In those cases, there is no reroll. You are stuck with the named item. This is hopefully a bug, but I can see them saying it's intended.

For the second situation (warrior's fury) there isn't any intended curation from the AP boxes. The curation is for bosses such as public dungeons, world bosses, delves, dungeons, trials and in the case of arenas, the chests that are awarded each round.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that the curated drops from dungeon bosses work... except when you get a named item such as Sellistrix's Siphon. In those cases, there is no reroll. You are stuck with the named item. This is hopefully a bug, but I can see them saying it's intended.

For the second situation (warrior's fury) there isn't any intended curation from the AP boxes. The curation is for bosses such as public dungeons, world bosses, delves, dungeons, trials and in the case of arenas, the chests that are awarded each round.

I've spent almost 1M AP on Just Warrior's Fury boxes and got no Girdles or Pauldrons... I mean c'mon...
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Agreed. I have 5 armor pieces collected for Warrior's fury set. Spent 100,000 AP this morning, wasted. Literally got the same pieces I already have and nothing new.

If that is buying bags or loot boxes, it doesn't work on those. Same as it won't work on buying the shoulder coffers
    Soupy twist
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is hopefully a bug, but I can see them saying it's intended.

Yup, we have these really lovely ideas that we're going to ruin for you.

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »

I've spent almost 1M AP on Just Warrior's Fury boxes and got no Girdles or Pauldrons... I mean c'mon...

The system doesn't work for coffers and wasn't designed for this, it's for boss drops generally so trials, arenas, wb and public dungeon ones etc. No coffers, no weekly leaderboard, no chests (only "drop" chests like VMA or dungeons like lom, fl or mgf when we're getting boss drop through the chest).
  • RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    The curated system does not work on dungeons.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RavenLake wrote: »
    The curated system does not work on dungeons.

Huh???
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think... I think I'll just never do Arx Corinium again.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    The system doesn't work for coffers and wasn't designed for this, it's for boss drops generally so trials, arenas, wb and public dungeon ones etc. No coffers, no weekly leaderboard, no chests (only "drop" chests like VMA or dungeons like lom, fl or mgf when we're getting boss drop through the chest).

Then I'm not playing PvP or opening coffers, until then. How dumb. The point of curation is reduce grind/farm time wasted. Doing it for only some in-game content (and not even doing it well so far apparently with all of the exclusions+bugs) is just lazy.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rich did comment that there is some overland set bug related to named items that they know about. I expsct that means it will get fixed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Rich did comment that there is some overland set bug related to named items that they know about. I expsct that means it will get fixed.

Excellent to hear that. Hopefully that carries over to dungeons as well.

I'm also seeing an issue with world bosses, specifically the executioners in Deadlands, but it could be more widespread. They appear to have 2 distinct loot tables. One for armor and one for weapons. I still need plenty of weapons from the sets, but I have all the potential armor drops collected. I get armor (that I already have) about 30% of the time. No rerolls for weapons are taking place on those armor drops it seems.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did Depths of Malatar, where I have hardly anything. Still got duplicates fromthree (or was it four) bosses.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Just did Depths of Malatar, where I have hardly anything. Still got duplicates fromthree (or was it four) bosses.

Did you bind the items as you got them? They don’t bind by themselves until 2 hours from the time of drop. If you don’t manually bind as you go, you haven’t technically collected that item yet, since you could give it to a groupmate.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    cyberjanet wrote: »

Did you bind the items as you got them? They don’t bind by themselves until 2 hours from the time of drop. If you don’t manually bind as you go, you haven’t technically collected that item yet, since you could give it to a groupmate.

They were part of the sticker book when I went in, so there were already collected.

The Arx Corinium I did solo.

A guildie has done extensive testing on the curated items, but she doesn't have a forum account. Here's what she found:

-Okay dokay! I have been testing out some things about the new system and now I shall put forward my theory on what is going on and how you can get the drops you want XD
    The system does work... to a point.
    What is happening is that the drop table of each boss looks at the drops every person in the group needs and hands those out
    BUT
    It does not hand them out correctly. It just randomly throws them at people.
    So in all the dungeons I have been doing with my mates, what we found was that you get drops you already have because someone else in the group needed it.

-All dungeons I have so far tested have worked out in four person groups.

- Just tested in Tempest Island solo, Commodore Ohmanil gave me an item I already had collected when I have 3 other items still to collect that he could have dropped, submitting a bug report about it so hopefully they will look into it and make sure it works properly.

- I can defo confirm that named items drop for me regardless of their set collected status. This happens over other items that I do need too which is not good at all.
    -
    Dunno if that will help debug this any.

• Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    edited: Rethinking my comment to be more useful for others.

Ok so let's summarize this curation situation even more simply:

1.) If you are starting a dungeon for the FIRST TIME EVER! You'll have 0% of the equipment collected for the dungeon. It is best to group up to get started on collecting gear pieces.

2.) If you have 80% of the gear for the dungeon already, grouping with 3 other players who have 0% of the collected gear, will likely result in YOU getting pieces they need.

3.) If you SOLO a normal dungeon on your own, looking for the "last pieces" of a set, you have the best chance of getting those needed pieces (if you can solo group dungeons/trials).

4.) Named pieces are outliers and may still drop, regardless of what anyone needs.

So I see more players starting to run dungeons solo to farm gear now, or at least group with people who have most of the gear and plan for pieces to give each other if they drop.

Alright, this isn't that bad honestly. It's still likely SOMEWHAT better than what we had before.
    Edited by Syrpynt on November 3, 2021 8:58PM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did run on Vateshran and I it didn't work on boss chests (except final one with arena weapon). I though it should work for arena armor sets given in chests after defeating bosses?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Ravenear
    Ravenear
    ✭✭
    After few runs the same dungeon new RNG stop working and i'm receiving items which i already have from last boss.
    Restarting game or doing it on other character sometimes reset bug and sometimes not.
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I had been running a particular dungeon solo since the update went live and I was getting duplicates (items already in the sticker book) in every run while only rarely getting anything new. I don't think that there's a way to 'rig the system' to get it to work. I think the Curation system was broken from the start.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So how is this supposed to work? Just done a Spindleclutch solo run and all I got were duplicates, and I do not have anywhere near the completed sets in my collection.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    So how is this supposed to work? Just done a Spindleclutch solo run and all I got were duplicates, and I do not have anywhere near the completed sets in my collection.

Can you be more specific about which duplicates you got from which sources in the dungeon and what you’re missing?

The way it should work is that each boss drop checks against your sticker book and tries to roll something you don’t have collected yet. It does not take into consideration what you have in inventory but haven’t bound, since those pieces aren’t in your set collection yet. (That wouldn’t have applied to you, from the sounds of it.) The curation system also does not allow bosses to drop things they normally can’t, so if you’re missing mostly weapons and jewelry, you can’t expect a new piece every boss, as most bosses don’t drop those pieces at all. (You should expect a lot of armor duplicates once you’ve collected all the armor, as those pieces are more common.) Chests that you unlock are also not curated, so you can well end up pulling lots of duplicates from those too. (Only chests that contain boss loot will be curated, such as the ones you loot at the end of the stages in an arena or at the end of ICP or CoS.)

Before today’s update, there were also several issues interfering with the curation system. One was an issue where named items would drop in place of generic items even if you already had their generic equivalent collected, which would result in missing out on potentially pulling an item you did need. Now those named pieces should drop in addition to a generic piece that will be subject to curation. There was also a problem where the curation system incorrectly looked at a group member’s collection instead of yours for your drops.

I’m curious what you pulled from the final boss in particular.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, none of the bosses dropped anything new for my sticker book, even though I don't have the 3 sets completed and I should have gotten new stuff in Knightmare, Spelunker or Prayer.

The final boss dropped a prayer ring.

And I did it solo, so no other sticker books to look at.
    Edited by Hurbster on November 15, 2021 5:49PM
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Ok, none of the bosses dropped anything new for my sticker book, even though I don't have the 3 sets completed and I should have gotten new stuff in Knightmare, Spelunker or Prayer.

The final boss dropped a prayer ring.

And I did it solo, so no other sticker books to look at.

1) Keep in mind that running dungeons solo means that pieces bind *immediately* upon pickup, as you can’t trade them with anyone else. Are you 100% certain you had these items in your collections, especially the ring, when you picked it up? You would have to have known ahead of time, because it would already say “collected” in the tooltip by the time you checked your inventory and it is very easy to miss the center screen announcement that a piece has been bound. It is unlike running dungeons in a group, where the items are not automatically bound on pickup.

2) You need to be more specific here about what pieces you already had prior to entering the dungeon. Did you already have all the *armor* collected (not counting shields) so you were only missing weapons and/or jewelry? If so, then none of the bosses except the last would give you new generic pieces. In that case, bosses *will* drop duplicates for you because they are (with the exception of curation-agnostic named items) simply not capable of dropping weapons or jewelry. Curation does not make them able to drop what you need if the items you need are not in their drop tables. For generic weapons and jewelry you would need to get them curated from the final boss or by luck from a chest.
    Edited by virtus753 on November 15, 2021 7:25PM
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    1) Keep in mind that running dungeons solo means that pieces bind *immediately* upon pickup, as you can’t trade them with anyone else. Are you 100% certain you had these items in your collections, .

When you are running a dungeon solo, and you pick up a new armour piece, you get a huge wall of writing in front of you that says it was added to your collections. Hard to miss.

• Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plus I'm running mods that flag unknown bits up with a red flag in the text box.
  • Ravenear
    Ravenear
    ✭✭
    RNG have not been repaired i have received item(ring) which i already have from last boss in 4 man dungeon!
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same..running Frost Vault right now and each boss has dropped something I already have. PS5/NA/performance mode.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a random normal dungeon in CoA1 and the last boss dropped named item which I already have before. Feels like named item doesn't work properly.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a random normal dungeon in CoA1 and the last boss dropped named item which I already have before. Feels like named item doesn't work properly.

As far as I understand it, named items are not curated and are separate from the curated items.

"Bosses that drop specially named set items now drop those as a bonus drop alongside their curated set items, rather than in place of them."
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

As far as I understand it, named items are not curated and are separate from the curated items.

"Bosses that drop specially named set items now drop those as a bonus drop alongside their curated set items, rather than in place of them."

Dayum, that's made the collecting gears less enjoyable, guess that's life. lol
    Thanks for clarification.