Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the deal with Kinras?

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
Truthfully, it is hard for me understand the graphs, charts, and tables people post to explain why some sets are better than other sets.
I see that Kinras is now the BIS for both stamina and magicka builds (that is, the jewelry and weapons).
Can someone explain to me why these are now so much better than Mothers Sorrow and Medusa?
Thank you very much.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinras gives you major berserk and your friends minor berserk. Two people wearing it gives both of you both major and minor berserk and everyone else minor berserk. That's a lot of damage boost (15% for the wearers, 5% for other)

Medusa gives you minor force boosting your critical damage. In a trial group the new 125% critical damage cap is reachable without that so it doesn't help thjere. Medusa is just fine for most content unless you are already at the crit damage cap in which case the minor force buff is doing nothing. It's also a selfish set - you only buff yourself.

As to BIS. There is no BIS, there has never been a BIS because it's always group and situation dependent.
    Edited by etchedpixels on November 15, 2021 5:19PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To add to @etchedpixels post, Kinras is meant for group content. Boosting everyone's damage is better for trials than just boosting your own. If you are only running dungeons, you could still be better off with Medusa & MS, or another combo that works for you
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinras was violating my eyes (at least before a patch that allegedly fixed it). No bis set is worth heading a headache when you're playing.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, everyone. That helps a LOT!