Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cadwells Silver Quest playing story

Saefti
Saefti
✭✭✭
Hi there,
I'm quite new but i used the forums search and saw a bunch of cadwells silver quest topics... well, I have another questions on this topic.

When I'm going to accept this quest, Cadwell warns me about that if I accept, nobody will know me after (not even known NPC). Does this count for the "new" zones only, or is it like i accept it and nobody will know me or recognize my doings at my home zone also?

I'm kinda afraid to accept this, before I did not finish all my home zone thing to 100%. Or this warning doesn't matter for me in this case?

Thanks in advance!
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

What Cadwell means is that the NPCs in the new zones will not recognize you. This is for the main zones. The DLC zones are not included. In other words, your starter zone will will remain unchanged. Here is a quick reference:
    • Aldmeri Dominion members will go to the Ebonheart Pact starter zone.
    • Daggerfall Covenant members will go to the Aldmeri Dominion starter zone.
    • Ebonheart Pact members will go to the Daggerfall Covenant starter zone.
    Once you complete Cadwell's Silver, you will then start Cadwell's Gold, which is similar.
    • Aldmeri Dominion members will then explore the Daggerfall Covenant zones.
    • Daggerfall Covenant members will then explore the Ebonheart Pact zones.
    • Ebonheart Pact members will experience the Aldmeri Dominion zones.
    Hope this helps!
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on November 10, 2021 5:06AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To expand on this, what it means is that everyone will treat you like you are a member of their own alliance. They'll remember that you helped their own alliance, and won't be upset that you helped that other alliance. Everyone from your original alliance will still remember you and you keep all your progress there - Cadwell Silver and Gold basically is "Go do this other alliance questline."

Another way to think about it is Meridia handwaving situations like this one so no one notices:

dau8hkd-0a9f6bb9-dcfa-4041-9dab-30cbe8d4609b.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZjVhZWZmMmYtNWM0YS00NjI0LWExY2YtMWVlYjExM2E5MGI2XC9kYXU4aGtkLTBhOWY2YmI5LWRjZmEtNDA0MS05ZGFiLTMwY2JlOGQ0NjA5Yi5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.gsYcWdUQmGLEBITEJsNxQzE32tP7M_2JnYzuFLlNEtc

https://www.deviantart.com/isriana/art/TESO-Not-The-Soldier-They-Were-Looking-For-655446253
  • Saefti
    Saefti
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! That helps me alot.
    To expand on this, what it means is that everyone will treat you like you are a member of their own alliance. They'll remember that you helped their own alliance, and won't be upset that you helped that other alliance. Everyone from your original alliance will still remember you and you keep all your progress there - Cadwell Silver and Gold basically is "Go do this other alliance questline."

Another way to think about it is Meridia handwaving situations like this one so no one notices:

dau8hkd-0a9f6bb9-dcfa-4041-9dab-30cbe8d4609b.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZjVhZWZmMmYtNWM0YS00NjI0LWExY2YtMWVlYjExM2E5MGI2XC9kYXU4aGtkLTBhOWY2YmI5LWRjZmEtNDA0MS05ZGFiLTMwY2JlOGQ0NjA5Yi5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.gsYcWdUQmGLEBITEJsNxQzE32tP7M_2JnYzuFLlNEtc

https://www.deviantart.com/isriana/art/TESO-Not-The-Soldier-They-Were-Looking-For-655446253

:D