Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenimax what is the ETA of fixing dungeons chests loot system for all?

Glithanes
Glithanes
✭✭
Zenimax what is the ETA of fixing dungeons chests loot system for all?
  • Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    broken dungeons chest system video please watch,
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're not a problem first come first serve. And that video is what happens when you run with randoms. Run with friends or guild(I run with pugs and many times we wait till finished to run around or some time between fights.
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    It is a problem, but I've found that most pugs I run with seem to have some decency. If nothing else, I snag 2 or so and then forget the rest.

I did grab an addon that allows me to see who gets what. It makes it nice that I can call them out in group.

Anyway, yet another thing ZOS didn't think through....
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the problem with it.
    First come first serve. Cant have every single aspect fairly spread across the board to everybody.

If you want your chance at a chest. Set terms in the group you're with like civilized people, or just expect the voluntary service of someone taking into consideration others and not hog all the chests.
    Edited by reagen_lionel on April 25, 2014 1:50AM
  • AlienPrimate
    AlienPrimate
    ✭✭
    Whenever I'm in a group, I just make sure everyone links valuable items that they won't use in the chat. If someone in the group can use it, then make a trade. This method has worked with no complaints in every group I have been in.
  • Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    They're not a problem first come first serve. And that video is what happens when you run with randoms. Run with friends or guild(I run with pugs and many times we wait till finished to run around or some time between fights.

I agree if you run with friends and guild this wont happen however with no combat log you cant see what other players get from there chests if they get epics etc that your class could use, I have mod that lets me see everyone loot but not all do.

Zenimax already said they seen the video and we all cant play with our guild and friends all the time due to work, career real life, so pugs are a necarry evil sometimes, so to fix this.

Zenimax said in official post they removeing chests from dungeons or something like that and all will get their own loot from dungeons to fix it.
  • Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    To be clear Zenimax has said in official post they are working on fix for this soon I would expect it in next patch or 2,
    I cant find the official post it was weeks ago or would link it.
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    This is problem the least important change in the history of mmo's. Were you so desperate to get that green item and 11 gold ?

Ths issue in the video is really about groups and dungeons, and not so much to do with chests.
    Edited by Zaxq on April 29, 2014 10:21AM