The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the altar in the Deadlights quest bugged? Or just me?

Sambucca1973
Sambucca1973
✭✭✭
Got the quest today that takes you to the Deadlights. One step is to “examine the altar”. I get to the altar with The Amchorite, it shows the quest objective icon kind of buried in the altar, and I couldn’t “examine” it. (Seems other people had a similar issue. A few of us running around trying to get that step done.)

Things I tried to see if it would fix it:

1. Jumping on the altar.
2. Shooting the altar.
3. Trying to see if there is a lower level that needed accessed. (If there is, it’s behind a locked gate that probably unlocks after you finish examining the altar.)
4. Reloaded UI. Twice.
5. Logged out and back in. Once.
6. Looked around for some switch or trigger but didn’t find one.

None of those fixed it. Stuck at the “examine altar” step with the quest icon in the altar.

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug? Thanks for your help.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 13, 2022 6:42PM
  • SekaiXD
    SekaiXD
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem.
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    Well, good news kind of. Left and went back after 24 hours. Did NOT drop the quest.

And the quest icon appeared above the altar and I could interact with it and continue the quest.

Maybe wait a day and try again? Hope that works. Frustrating when it happens in the middle if a quest and in an area you can’t port right into.

Also, there’s another step after that (forget which one) that also seemed broken. It’s not. It’s just that the hit box to interact is really small.
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue with that alter and I logged my character out and back in and it worked for me.
  • SekaiXD
    SekaiXD
    ✭✭
    Old_Foggy wrote: »
    I had the same issue with that alter and I logged my character out and back in and it worked for me.

Me too.
  • jessica_1403
    Me too I left the zone and came back and then I could continue. I was running around with other players and I could see they had the same problem
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here - first character I did it on it worked perfectly second can't interact with it.

When I log out and back in the arrow has moved higher up and it works
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    Still buggy as of Dec. 18.
    For the Horde!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still buggy as of March 9, 2022. At least on PS5.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still buggy on May 31, 2022.
  • Keen
    Keen
    ✭✭
    Still buggy as of June 14, 2022. Relogged and the quest icon had fixed itself. I clicked it, the Anchorite asked me to talk. Then she glitches back to the door and repeated the line she used when you first walk in (asking me to check the alter). Now the quest says to talk to her, but there is no quest marker, and she is not able to be spoken to. Relogging just makes her repeat the entry dialog, but returned the quest marker.
    Edited by Keen on June 14, 2022 4:53PM
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged May 1, 2023
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"