The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapons vanishing from characters hands

Avoranti
Avoranti
✭✭✭✭✭
PlayStation NA

My weapons keep vanishing from my characters hands and appearing on the ground under them. When I bar swap, the second bar weapons appear as normal. When I swap back it’s on the ground again under my character. This has happened on multiple toons.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES. Please fix this, happens on PS4 or PS5 and alwaaaays need to reloadui.

I am under the impression that this is an old bug that resurfaced so you guys should be able to fix this again asap.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC NA also.

Changing your equipped weapon seems to fix it.
    PC NA
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    PlayStation NA

My weapons keep vanishing from my characters hands and appearing on the ground under them. When I bar swap, the second bar weapons appear as normal. When I swap back it’s on the ground again under my character. This has happened on multiple toons.

I haven't seen that bug for years, [Edit to add: I am NOT saying that it can't/isn't happening to you] but I *do* occasionally get the visual bugs of:
    1. Running with a two-handed battle sword or battle axe in one hand.
    2. Having no weapon visible in hand at all while in combat, tho it's clearly doing damage.

Edit to add statement above to my comment.
    Edited by twev on October 30, 2021 11:55PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • PhnxZ
    PhnxZ
    ✭✭
    This can also be 'fixed' by applying and removing an outfit (or vice-versa)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This only happens to me if I fast travel or enter a delve or something like that and have my back bar equipped.

If I make sure the front bar is equipped I don’t have any trouble.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    PlayStation NA

I haven't seen that bug for years, [Edit to add: I am NOT saying that it can't/isn't happening to you] but I *do* occasionally get the visual bugs of:
    2. Having no weapon visible in hand at all while in combat, tho it's clearly doing damage.

If you look on the ground when your weapons have vanish they will be under your feet. Most noticeable with a staff. It’s an old bug just not sure how it was re-introduced.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Note for developers:
    ...fast travel or enter a delve or something like that and have my back bar equipped.

If I make sure the front bar is equipped I don’t have any trouble.

Agreed.

Edit: changed my thoughts. lol
    Edited by Syrpynt on November 2, 2021 7:09PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    PlayStation NA

If you look on the ground when your weapons have vanish they will be under your feet. Most noticeable with a staff. It’s an old bug just not sure how it was re-introduced.

As I said in a post above, I hadn't seen that bug in a long while. (And I've been playing since launch with about 15 thousands of hours logged, just as a point of reference).

Two days after I first posted that - I had the bug happen again, but my primary maul was invisible to me, while my secondary bow weapon was the one between my feet.
    The other player in my group could clearly see my maul in my hands while I was attacking, while I saw no weapon, but I could clearly see the 'swoosh' effect my maul would make through the air during melee attacks.

The bug occured about 3 minutes into the dungeon, and lasted over half an hour as we farmed, until I exited the dungeon normally, and my weapon visuals were restored.

I didn't try resetting the U.I. in the dungeon, just because I was enjoying the novelty of the bug so soon after posting in this thread.

Fennwitty wrote: »
    On PC NA also.

Changing your equipped weapon seems to fix it.
    Swapping front bar/back bar a few times didn't change anything, both weapons were inviz in my hand when I had to bar-swap, but I didn't see the maul between my feet when I had swapped to the back bar - at that point I saw neither weapon.

The point is, yes, the bug is live, and it's not just you.

Edited by twev on November 4, 2021 10:23AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Settings>Gameplay: Hide Polymorph helmet ON
    Fixes it sometimes, at least i havent had it since. The bug has been in the game for years.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had it in PC EU as well. I just unequip the weapon and reequip it. But still annoying of course. Haven't seen this bug in years.