Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sneak speed penalty reductions are broken

Naftal
Naftal
✭✭✭✭✭
Night's silence set's 5 piece bonus "ignore sneak speed penalty" does nothing. Neither does the green CP that reduces the penalty.

Vampire passive seems to work.
  • Gorkamunda
    Gorkamunda
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me too. Nights Silence doesn't seem to be working.
    PC EU
  • ShainaOtori
    ShainaOtori
    ✭✭
    Same here.
  • Assurbanipal
    Assurbanipal
    ✭✭
    Yup, same here.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're aware and will get this fixed in a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thepsle
    Thepsle
    Soul Shriven
    When exactly will it be fixed please, because until it is fixed, I don't want to play the game. It spoils gameplay too much!
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Night's Silence doesn't work, but Shadow Dancer's Raiment seems to still work fine.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Great, any idea if they broke detection radius reduction to?
  • Assurbanipal
    Assurbanipal
    ✭✭

Any chance for any ETA?

It is quite annoying tbh.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont like the sound of that.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please fix this before putting out the console version so we don’t have to wait for another patch either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Told you I didnt like the sound of that. A bug like that, and still not fixed.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    No fix mentioned in todays patch notes. Guess I won't be playing for a while. :(
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • themotherconfessor25
    @ZOS_GinaBruno it wasn't fixed this patch, any ETA? a lot of us play with this set.
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess it'll let me spend more time playing the one guy I have in Shadow Dancer's.

It would have been nice to have Night's Silence available for the upcoming event, though.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    Long time player, first time poster! I'm going to add my voice to the chorus here. My main is a Khajiit nightblade built for stealth speed, and this break to Night's Silence feels like going from a fully-trained horse to a new character with no upgrades. It's SO SLOW. To the point that I don't even want to adventure in the new zone because the build I've been playing for years feels so broken. I was hoping this would have been addressed in Monday's patch, but no luck.

Is "future patch" likely to be in the next couple of weeks? I'm trying to decide if I should change from WW to vamp to get my stealth speed boost back as a stopgap until Night's Silence is fixed.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could try scrounging up some Shadow Dancer gear. You'd lose a stamina bonus and crit chance to gain a weapon/spell damage bonus and a double dose of majicka.

I'm considering it.
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    Issue is still not fixed.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Even without Night's Silence, my pre-update Sneak speed was 100% (I assume due to the Champion Point Sneak-speed buff plus the out-of-combat movement buff plus the Wood Elf 5% Racial movement buff) but post-update has dropped from 100% to 70% for some reason.

Not to mention that my from-Sneak attack damage has plummeted to roughly less than HALF pre-update levels which might be a bug introduced with the 125% critical damage cap.

Needless to say, Nightblade movement speed SHOULD NOT ACTUALLY REQUIRE any buff or armor or whatever and we should simply be GIVEN 100% Sneak Speed for ALL Nightblades and a Class Characteristic -- don't you think???

~~~

[snip]

[Edited to remove Quitting Post]
    Edited by Psiion on November 20, 2021 10:55PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Fedi
    Fedi
    After the update sneak speed with wild hunt ring has also been significantly reduced
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Additionally, the concealed weapon sneak speed buff does notthing at all anymore.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I thought it was me.... My vampire wood elf with Wild hunt and CPs is strolling not running. And damage from stealth is crap. Come on guys!
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • FathomsDeep
    FathomsDeep
    Soul Shriven
    Annnnd STILL not fixed. I filed a ticket two weeks ago and was told "we'll be fixing it next patch".
    I main Stealth, and virtually ALL stealth related bonuses have been completely broken. My champion's like playing a newb. One more week of this, and I'm cancelling sub. I'm not a salty rage quitter, but this ruins the game for me.
  • SerLoras
    SerLoras
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there any update on this issue? It's been several weeks now. This bug completely ruins a lot of builds based around stealth speed.

Players have put a lot of thought, effort, and resources into creating these builds, and currently they are completely useless. It's really disappointing that this fix doesn't seem to be a priority.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still busted.

Seems the current crop of devs absolutely LOATHE even the concept of stealth.
  • roqueforty
    roqueforty
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the maintenance was performed, so... why is it still not fixed?
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

night's silence still not fixxed.
  • Fedi
    Fedi
    Is sneak speed and abilities ever going to get fixed? Useless champion skills, useless gear sets, useless abilities. With weekly patches could they at least put a disclaimer on those items saying not working as intended at this time. That way players who don't visit the forum aren't wasting points and gold or crafting materials making something or spec'ing into something that does nothing. We all understand new things have their problems, but when you break something pre existing it should be a priority.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Fedi wrote: »
    Is sneak speed and abilities ever going to get fixed? Useless champion skills, useless gear sets, useless abilities. With weekly patches could they at least put a disclaimer on those items saying not working as intended at this time. That way players who don't visit the forum aren't wasting points and gold or crafting materials making something or spec'ing into something that does nothing. We all understand new things have their problems, but when you break something pre existing it should be a priority.

Doubtful since they haven't even acknowledged it at all. Based on their track record with other bug reports, if they even try to it'll probably be a year or longer.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak speed bonuses broken, crit damage from Sneak cut in half. Still broken as of Dec. 16. My Nightblade feels like a broken class that goes unfixed.

Seriously, it's time to find a new game. Can't think of any reason to renew subscription.

Thanks for the memories?
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"