The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Build Tank / DPS? PVP & PVE ...

• SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I will make an Orc because I like his look more like the Warden class than the Dark Elf and I don't like Magicka build, and that it is better to spend all points in Health? Because looking through the build Tank from Alcast on most points I give in Stamina and Magicka ...
    Edited by SkuBBi on January 29, 2020 8:18AM
    PC EU | 155CP | @Skubbi02
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Kargnuth | Templar | Stamina DPS | Orc
    Grulzul | Sorcerer | Stamina DPS | Orc
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a fascinating tank build. I encourage you to try it.

The DPS is going to be especially geared towards pack of weaker creatures. I expect it would be a fun build to play.

its very fun to play!!! ;)
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Hopes that I will finally like the build ...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Because my character always bored me before reaching level 50 ...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Currently, my build Warden is at level 10 and I'm wondering whether to spend a few points in Stamina and Magicka, or invest everything in Health?
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Kombinator
    Kombinator
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of my own experience.

I have an altmer NB, and a Breton Templar. The NB must sacrifice it's sneak to be truly strong, but it can be truly good as tank. He can't have that many shield as the Templar so weaker against the heavy hitters, but his abilities gives more stamina, and that allows you to dodge heavy aoes easier.

Templar has 3 different %health based damage shield (2 of them are not class dependent). With champion points combined you can have more shield, than health you have. Though i saw, that some DLC bosses at least can ignore your damage shields. But the base game enemies have hard time destroying it.

For going against many weak mobs Templar also wins, because it has a stronger AOE, than NB with self healing while using it. It also can generate a lot of threat by doing damage, and outhealing them at the same time, if the DD waits like 2 seconds after pull, then they usually can't even pull the aggro.

For racials. Templar, and NB both uses everything. Health is top important of course, but you can use stamina for damage shields, magicka for aoe, and some buffs. Both can be used for taunts. NB can heal himself rapidly from magicka, and Templar can put a % health damage shield from it. You don't even need to dodge stuff in veteran non-DLC dungeons as Templar. Your damage shield can absorb them all.

I don't think, that racials matter unless you are a total maximalist. But practically you use all base stat so getting any of them is good enough. Weapon specific racials might be pointless.
    Edited by Kombinator on January 30, 2020 12:24PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkuBBi wrote: »
    So I would like to do Tank / DPS build for PVP and PVE but I don't know where to start what class, race ... etc. choose, and whether such a build would be efficient and easy.

I apologize for spelling mistakes but my English is not at a high level ...

Warden Argonian sword and shield and either a destruction staff of choice, fire single target damage staff or Resto staff gold nirnhoned with damage buff enchant for damage side to get back as much resources as possible. Atronach mundus. Bear ulti with necropotence or crafty alfiq and run whatever ultimate you want, jewelry and weapons on these sets because it is a 5 heavy 2 light setup. Be close to 4k spell damage, tanky as a tank on sword and shield and damage side well there it is. Warden has minor protection and minor vulnerability built into toolkit on class. Couple tricks, warden shields shut down snipers and ranged opponents. Heavy armor ability allows for more damage mitigation allowing for more powerful block cast healing. I can solo outposts on this build.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Check out www.woeler.eu He is the premier Tank master in my opinion in ESO.

Woeler doesn't know what tanks are. He is the reason we have the tank/dps meta now, real brillance.
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    How to build this for PVP?

I've never done a build for PVP and I don't know where to start this Warden is my main build for PVE but how to build it for PVP ...

I just follow this build for PVE and I haven't even reached level 50, and I'm using the Ork race ...

I just mainly play PVE but sometimes I want to play PVP from build to PVE but they destroy me on PVP ...

I wanted to create a new topic but I didn't do it ...

Sorry for the spelling mistakes and my english is not at the highest level ...

https://youtu.be/TEVTz9k0wPA

Daggerfall Covenant
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can not take PvE builds into PvP.

Research a separate build for PvP.
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I would be grateful for a link to some PVP build or any PVP tips, and what to do so that I could easily change between the PVP and PVE version ...
    Edited by SkuBBi on February 1, 2020 8:48PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Check out www.woeler.eu He is the premier Tank master in my opinion in ESO.

Woeler doesn't know what tanks are. He is the reason we have the tank/dps meta now, real brillance.

Apparently it worked very well for a lot of people. Maybe you should make a build website instead then, if you are such a brilliant tank. Would certainly be more useful than whining on the forums about people you don't know and playstyles you don't understand.

Also, it's not like this would not have come out on top if I was somehow not involved. Somebody else would have come along and demonstrated that these particular build frameworks are usually the most effective. Effective builds are effective regardless of who discovers them.

However, I guess it is easier to blame me (or any individual for that matter) instead of actually trying to optimize when groups/raids ask for that.
    Edited by Woeler on February 19, 2020 5:49PM
  • GERMANO-THE-IMPERIAL
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    SkuBBi wrote: »
    https://xynodegaming.com/natures-bounty/

I found this build on the internet, but I don't know what its role looks like as DPS?

I have that build and it is awesome!!!!! try it...fun as hell!!!
    Oh!! and its a tank build!!!!

Haha profi build, s are never published! [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 1, 2021 3:10PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in January 2020 and the information contained within may longer be relevant to the game, we decided to close it down. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.