The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

When will NA characters be copied to PTS?

LeBrenn
LeBrenn
✭✭✭✭
Anybody knows?
Edited by LeBrenn on October 20, 2021 1:43AM
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too would like to know this. We've had months of EU now, and just two weeks of NA. Feels like it's really about time to get a longer stretch of NA, but apparently ZOS would disagree :/
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when ZOS would alternate NA and EU every week of testing.

@ZOS_Kevin Is there any particular reason we don't regularly have the PTS switch between servers? It's frustrating when it stays on EU for months, essentially locking out NA players unless they want to go through the hassle of remaking their characters on the EU server for testing, and vice versa for EU players when the PTS stays on NA.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn’t it NA for the first two weeks of PTS?
  • dlrgames
    dlrgames
    ✭✭
    Most likely next year whenever ZOS opens testing for the next big release.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too would like to know this. We've had months of EU now, and just two weeks of NA. Feels like it's really about time to get a longer stretch of NA, but apparently ZOS would disagree :/

When a new PTS cycle starts NA characters are copied over. After 2 weeks EU characters are copied over for the remaining 2-3 weeks.
  • LeBrenn
    LeBrenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »

When a new PTS cycle starts NA characters are copied over. After 2 weeks EU characters are copied over for the remaining 2-3 weeks.

it's been longer than that, hasn't it?
    It would be nice if ZOS could answer this thread.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be NA for the first two weeks, then 2 weeks of EU, then back to NA for the last week and that remained until the next patch cycle. I remember there were complaints from the EU housing community at the time because they wanted to be able to work on their builds with all their owned items. I can't blame them so I haven't complained even though I feel the same way now.

I do wish we could alternate though. Then each server could have the longer duration occasionally rather than being all one or all the other. It's not a question of the on cycle testing for most people so much as the issue of the longer time in between cycles. There are a lot of things I'd love to do on the test server but trying to cram them into the two week period doesn't usually work out.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    I do wish we could alternate though. Then each server could have the longer duration occasionally rather than being all one or all the other. It's not a question of the on cycle testing for most people so much as the issue of the longer time in between cycles. There are a lot of things I'd love to do on the test server but trying to cram them into the two week period doesn't usually work out.

That would be great. I like to take screenshots on PTS if I missed something while playing or if I needed to rerun a quest, but there are a lot of cosmetics I only have in my account on NA that I can't get with an EU PTS.

It also hurts theorycrafters if NA is only online for the first two weeks since there are usually decent changes in the third week, so NA theorycrafters can't load back their characters to test anything but the very first iteration of the builds.

I'd love if the PTS could sometimes leave NA on for the long time and then sometimes EU for the long time, since trying to get everything I need to do in only two weeks isn't much time, especially if I actually intend to do any testing on the testing server.
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    It used to be NA for the first two weeks, then 2 weeks of EU, then back to NA for the last week and that remained until the next patch cycle. I remember there were complaints from the EU housing community at the time because they wanted to be able to work on their builds with all their owned items. I can't blame them so I haven't complained even though I feel the same way now.

It's pretty weird that they don't alternate, and that they've seemingly decided to go all EU because the EU housing community complained. Pretty sure NA has a housing community too, so why favour one over the other so heavily instead of just... alternating? :neutral: Or they could enable us to buy all crown-exclusive houses on the PTS even when they're unavailable on live, and give premade chars access to luxury vendor items and all achievement items. That's also a possibility.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there content being tested? If not, then no character copying will be done.

Considering the last major update for the year just dropped, the PTS will probably be static until Q1 2022
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting to test out various cobble builds in my sweetwater cascades home.
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess since the PC EU server has more downtime than the PC NA, they thought the EU people can at least play on the pts /s
  • Coffee_Time447
    I just wish i could access all the houses and all the lux vendor items whether its EU or NA. I wanted to check if a furnishing would work in my shalidor house but couldnt access it because all my stuff is NA. another time i wanted to test something for my arena house but couldnt because it wasnt set for NA.
  • Exiled_Messenger
    Exiled_Messenger
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I like about the way SWTOR usually does its PTS is you decide which characters to copy over and you can copy them from any server. If there is a name conflict, they just randomly assign a bunch of letters and numbers and you can change it once you log in.

I don't need every single one of my characters on the PTS and it would be so nice to have my main character for every week of testing.

I also wish we had every single Collections item available to character templates, including Crown Crate items. I would be happy to have them already unlocked like the motifs instead of having to open a container. If I want to run the content and collect the new items myself, I don't have to create a template character.
    ESO Fashion Visual Database and Character Gallery
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich said on his stream that it was not going to be any time soon. Summary: Holiday. Time Off. The people who do that sort of thing at ZOS won't be able to do it until next year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus