Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Boss fights in first person

DormantOne
DormantOne
✭✭✭
I play in first person about 50% of the time. I would love some kind of indicator on screen when I'm standing in bad. Plz read zos :)
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You taking erroneous damage and debuff indicator not enough?
  • DormantOne
    DormantOne
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I don't have the debuff icons turned on. When I play destiny2 and I'm standing in something that is or will hurt me a big red arrow blinks on the bottom of the screen while my controller rumbles. I like that
    I guess I could just ask zos to redesign all boss fights with 1st person players in mind but that seems unlikely.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First person was tacked onto a third person game, and many of the indicators and stuff doesn't exist. Might in an add-on.

Further proof first person is mostly a afterthought is many of the new emotes and stuff lack first person animations. Like /summonbat doesn't have anything play in first person.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I play 1st person against big nasties I take my cue from red damage numbers popping up on my screen.

I agree with your request, just giving you a currently available work around.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First person is hardcore mode.

Either you accept that, even though nobody will give you credit for it, or you eventually give in and switch to third person.

I used to be a hardcore fundamentalist, but I have to admit I can do so much more after succumbing to the lure of third person easy mode.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First person is hardcore mode.

Either you accept that, even though nobody will give you credit for it, or you eventually give in and switch to third person.

I used to be a hardcore fundamentalist, but I have to admit I can do so much more after succumbing to the lure of third person easy mode.

No need for such “all or nothing.” Use third for group competitive play, first person for immersive solo play. Fighting dragons in first person with everything off your HUD is very epic. 😁
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whether you are playing 1st or 3rd person pov, the effects are the same. You decide to experience the immersion and realism, so it's up to you to live with the consequences of your choice and look down on the ground every once in a while. Just like you would do in RL.
    Edited by thorwyn on October 30, 2021 6:46AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon