Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

System Running hotter since latest updates.

sorcmag01
sorcmag01
✭✭✭
I checked system temperatures and they are rising after Update 32 for Deadlands, so was this expected by developers? My CPU and GPU rose 10c after the update. I am running Win 10, Radeon Asus TUF 6700x, AMD 7 5800x CPU, AUSU TUF X570 wireless motherboard. Asus water cooler for the CPU and 4 case fans for temp control, and 32gb Vengeance DDR4 Ram with fan cooling. MY system is not Overclocked and It's less that six months old. All drivers are up to date.

Here are the numbers for ESO.
CPU 70 - 72c average - Water cooled
GPU 72 - 80c average
Ram 49-53c - Fan cooled
These are all hot spot temps. All settings are not maxed out, but maybe in the middle range for shadow effects. I noticed screen tearing when they were off, so turned them back on and the screen tearing is no more. Very smooth and wonderful graphics.

Before update 32, I was running in the 60c range before, so this has me a little concerned. I checked GW2 and no difference in temps. Also checked Heaven benchmarks and no change. My AMD 5 3600x system CPU is running hotter too, but is about 10c lower than my 7 5800x CPU. I was wondering if devs have checked with temp benchmarks? Thanks

Update: I adjusted the cooling fans to run at 100%, and my temps dropped down to the mid 40's to low 60c range running an ESO fan profile in the AMD software. These fans are not loud, so this should work fine. The fans only run at 100% when ESO is running, therefore, when I log off, the CPU water cooling system and the graphic card fans go back to normal settings.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 27, 2021 10:36PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for updating the thread to let us know adjusting the fans has lowered the temps on your PC. Since this has helped resolve the issue, we are now closing the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.