The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Please Please Consider this Proposed Change to the Hawk Eye Bow Passive

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Current Passive
Dealing damage with a Light or Heavy Attack increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 5% for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Proposed Passive
When a bow is equipped, dealing damage with a bow skill, or a light/heavy attack, increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 5% for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
  • This change removes the bow's dependency on weaving light/heavy attacks, and encourages players to get more out of their bow skills while a bow is equipped.
  • This change better fits with the channeled Toxic Barrage ultimate, which often causes players to lose their stacks of Hawk Eye during the channel, defeating the purpose of building to your ultimate and using it at maximum damage.
  • The "when a bow is equipped" requirement makes sure that back bar bows aren't buffed, and encourages more primary bow usage.
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on October 17, 2021 4:17PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome idea!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds cool
  • summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Hawkeye the way it is. I don't want the sustain challenge of having to constantly spam bow abilities and want to work with light attacks as well. I view this proposal as offered as a nerf - and most definitely a nerf for my bowsorc. For me, an improvement/buff would be for Hawkeye to count bow abilities AND light attacks for stack maintenance. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both light /heavy attacks AND abilities would be the nicest imo
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Hawkeye the way it is. I don't want the sustain challenge of having to constantly spam bow abilities and want to work with light attacks as well. I view this proposal as offered as a nerf - and most definitely a nerf for my bowsorc. For me, an improvement/buff would be for Hawkeye to count bow abilities AND light attacks for stack maintenance. :)

Works for me. Edited.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on October 17, 2021 4:17PM
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming this was a function, you could just use Hail or the Poison morphs to gain stacks passively. There's no need to spam anything.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would seem that Zenimax intended to reward skilled gameplay. I have also seen Zenimax seems to emphasize doing basic attacks as it is part of a number of sets and skills. With the current passive requiring any basic attack vs just light attacks, it seems to be very player-friendly.

I am not arguing with the OP as I could care less other than such a change may require a nerf to total increased damage since it would be easier to keep the buff up. I am just pointing out what I think is the reasoning with the design and that it is player-friendly.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »

Assuming this was a function, you could just use Hail or the Poison morphs to gain stacks passively. There's no need to spam anything.

I see your point and am glad you mentioned it. I suppose it might work in my case despite only slotting PI for a poison arrow skill. My PvE solo bowsorc slots caltrops for the breach instead of hail. She slots focused instead of lethal for the increased snipe range. She slots bombard instead of acid spray for the superb solo crowd control vs groups. Still prefer lotsa light light attacks though since she double slots Bound Armaments in part to boost light attack damage. :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 17, 2021 11:26PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    IT would be awesome especially for new players that struggle with some of the comlicated DPS rotations and Bar swaps that need to result in 50k single target dps or you get kicked out of the dungeon.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    This would hurt PvP and make ganking even more powerful with no chance for anyone to fight back. I disagree that this is a good idea. Especially since it's a PvP set.

If you can't fight back, and NB's can stay hidden better, there's no defense against this while riding around on your mount except to sneak or be fast enough in a group.

Snipe is exactly what comes to mind because you can't run fast enough away if a NB gap closes you to stay within range.

I apologize for the previous comment, but my point still stands.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise the duration to at least 8 seconds and I'll be happy, less juggling of dots and LAs before hitting Toxic Barrage or Ballista. It's kind of a double edge sword the power of that ultimate is reliant on you maintaining Hawk Eye, with a few extra seconds you can avoid the drop off on Toxic Barrage and continue the buff rolling.
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    This would hurt PvP and make ganking even more powerful with no chance for anyone to fight back. I disagree that this is a good idea. Especially since it's a PvP set.

If you can't fight back, and NB's can stay hidden better, there's no defense against this while riding around on your mount except to sneak or be fast enough in a group.

Snipe is exactly what comes to mind because you can't run fast enough away if a NB gap closes you to stay within range.

I apologize for the previous comment, but my point still stands.

I think the OP's talking about the bow passive hawk eye, not to be confused with the hawk eye set that increases damage done and reduces bow abilities' cost