Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Message limit error

prof-dracko
prof-dracko
✭✭✭✭✭
Twice today I've been booted from the sever after sudden massive lags, then informed it's because I hit the message limit. I didn't write a single thing, so I'm very interested in knowing where this error is coming from and why it's accusing me of spamming chat.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have addons?
    Do you have addons that hide error messages ?
    Do not use addons that hide error messages.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use add-ons at all
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Message limit doesn't mean just things you type, but any 'messages' to the server from your account.

If you're lagging and keep pressing buttons (instructions to the server from your account like 'hey move my character' or 'craft this thing') when the lag passes they hit the server all at once and think you're spamming commands.

Also happens if you're researching a lot of alchemy recipes very quickly, the server doesn't know quite what to make of it and boots you.

It could also be caused by addons trying certain things, but you're not using addons.

When you're lagging and nothing's happening, just sit tight and don't give any input more than once.
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 26, 2021 12:54PM
    PC NA
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Message limit doesn't mean just things you type, but any 'messages' to the server from your account.

If you're lagging and keep pressing buttons (instructions to the server from your account like 'hey move my character' or 'craft this thing') when the lag passes they hit the server all at once and think you're spamming commands.

Also happens if you're researching a lot of alchemy recipes very quickly, the server doesn't know quite what to make of it and boots you.

It could also be caused by addons trying certain things, but you're not using addons.

When you're lagging and nothing's happening, just sit tight and don't give any input more than once.

That's good to know, thank you. It always happens mid-fight, so my button presses are sort of on autopilot