The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher stuck saying Loading...

GeneralSezme
GeneralSezme
✭✭✭✭
So my launcher from my desktop opens the launcher but the launcher screen is blank stuck Loading...

Not to be confused with the blue bar updating at the bottom

This has happened to me before which made me quit the game for a couple week cause I didn't wanna deal with this but now it's happening again I restarted my computer made sure there's no conflicting apps open, tried launching it from steam and the launcher won't even open that way. Nothing seems to work.
Invictus
Cheese Engine
HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the game will not launch after clicking Play in the launcher, or if the launcher gets stuck loading, there are a few troubleshooting steps below that may help.

Create an Anti-virus or Firewall Exception for ESO

Each antivirus program is different and we recommend that you view the antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Repair the ESO Launcher
    1. Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    2. Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    3. If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    3. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    5. Restart the ESO Launcher.

Please let us know if these help resolve your launcher issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, quite frankly you can just bypass the Launcher except on patch days. Now, it sounds like you need to get yours sorted, but try this for next play time:

1. Get Steam Running
    2. Make a shortcut to ESO64.exe and put that on your desktop, use that to launch the game

This should work for Steam Installs. It is how I launch most of my steam games, by going direct to the EXE.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If the game will not launch after clicking Play in the launcher, or if the launcher gets stuck loading, there are a few troubleshooting steps below that may help.

Create an Anti-virus or Firewall Exception for ESO

Each antivirus program is different and we recommend that you view the antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Repair the ESO Launcher
    1. Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    2. Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    3. If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    3. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    5. Restart the ESO Launcher.

Please let us know if these help resolve your launcher issue.

@ZOS_BillE
    I got it working by deleting the Microsoft visual C++ things, and re-downloading them but thank you for the reply, I really appreciate the effort you put into your post <3
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• CaliphStudio
    CaliphStudio
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, launcher only shows a message "Loading..." and thats it, no buttons or anything.

Im using the non steam version, on PC (windowns 7).

The problem has been here for about 2 weeks now, i can play the game directly, but i need the launcher at least for updates.

I have tried everything Ive read online including:

Giving access to the launcher (Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe) in firewall, I am using ESET, and i even tried turning my firewall off fully, all to no avail.

Re-installing my entire Visual Studio C++, even tho i dont think this has anything to do with the launcher, i still tried (: .

Repairing doesnt work since I dont even get a button to press.

And removing programData doesnt help either, altho in this case i noticed something strange to what i found online, inside my programData folder, there is no Application.json file, but an empty folder called "Host.6efa6ec39d9ad47587d185ae94b0c24ff707c9dd", anytime I delete the folder and re-open the launcher, it creates this folder with nothing in it again.

Note that I am using a VPN, but I have asked a friend of mine with the same ISP, VPN and platform (vanilla launcher on pc but on windows 10) and he is fine, so the problem should be either eso, or my computer, not the connection.
  • CaliphStudio
    CaliphStudio
    ✭✭✭
    I got the application.json file from a friend and copied it to my programData folder, now the launcher loads after about 5 minutes, with no play button, saying "updating" on the progress bar, and after abit, giving and Error 210.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the recent (not 2017) threads on the Error 210. It's a problem with Windows 7 trying to use ancient long retired and no long secure connection protocols. There is a Microsoft hotfix you need to apply.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this discussion is over 4 years old we've decided to lock the thread as some information is outdated. If you need assistance, please go ahead and start a new thread for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.