Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request to change Nolus Cedus' pathing in Leyawiin

alcoraptor
alcoraptor
✭✭✭
He walks right past the crafting writs hand-in location, and can nudge you away when you're trying to complete the quests.
The poor guy gets blade of woe'd (or otherwise brutally murdered) on a regular basis, he must be sick of it by now!

[Edited Title to Remove Petition]
Edited by Psiion on October 18, 2021 1:26AM
Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexandra Conele from capturing the coral heart!
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Request to put annoying NPCs that walk in front of every place with accidentally stealable and important quest objectives.

It'll get many more people to buy that dark brotherhood DLC so they can brutally murder them all the time.

[Edited to remove Petition]
    Edited by Psiion on October 18, 2021 1:27AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably the most murdered character in the game now. Almost always see his corpse there. Just move the fool about 3m to the right to get him out of the way.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fully support removing him and the guy in Vivec City too.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Llandras_Gathram

I don't get why ZOS keeps adding these kinds of hindrances to dailies, but it's seriously annoying. @ZOS_RichLambert Can you tell your devs to not do this anymore, pretty please? Here's some NPCs they need to improve:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/579041/qol-suggestions-npc-behavior#latest
    Edited by Destai on October 18, 2021 12:50AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been doing this since at least Orsinium... :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were doing writs there, I'd just kill him, not even blade of woe, just right in his stupid face. Then log off and let the bounty fade while I'm offline.

I was doing it with the fool in Vvardenfell that does the same thing, but he respawns so fast.

Who decides to put these NPC's in these places and do they do it out of malice toward players, ignorance about how it will affect writ turnins or is it just a complete coincidence? Honestly, I'd consider reporting his location as a bug similar to a node that is underground. There is no way it's intended for him to be there for any reason other than trolling really.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh the absolute horror, we have to move slighty around an npc to turn in a writ. THE AUDACITY.
    Neqamancer | Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please.

Although Blade of Woeing him is practically a Blackwood crafter tradition at this point.

It's one of the few communal activities in Blackwood outside of events.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    alcoraptor wrote: »
    He walks right past the crafting writs hand-in location, and can nudge you away when you're trying to complete the quests.
    The poor guy gets blade of woe'd (or otherwise brutally murdered) on a regular basis, he must be sick of it by now!
    [Edited Title to Remove Petition]

I do contribute to murdering him almost every day. Wait for the guard to walk on, pick pick stab, then turn in my writs.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    But having to kill him has become a daily little guilty pleasure
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also move millinith closer to the craft area in alinor.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's how I keep my vampire fed.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He used to be irksome but now he mostly amuses me when I see him nonchalantly stepping on two or three or his corpses.

He must be daedra or something because this is not natural.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a guard in the Belkarth bank that could really stand to have its path changed a bit, too.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Oh the absolute horror, we have to move slighty around an npc to turn in a writ. THE AUDACITY.

Why is he there in the first place? Sure we can keep stabbing and stepping around him, but it's just bad design man. Those areas should be clean. And it's not like players haven't voiced this frustration FOR YEARS but they always add them in subsequent expansions.
    Edited by Destai on October 18, 2021 2:40PM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

Why is he there in the first place? Sure we can keep stabbing and stepping around him, but it's just bad design man. Those areas should be clean. And it's not like players haven't voiced this frustration FOR YEARS but they always add them in subsequent expansions.

Maybe that's why they add them.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback! We, too, have suffered from this NPCs pushiness and are going to move him somewhere else.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback! We, too, have suffered from this NPCs pushiness and are going to move him somewhere else.

Finally, i can stop dismissing mirri to stab this guy to get him out of my way!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you also remove this guy too, he's honestly more intrusive:

Thanks for all you do!
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who am I meant to knife on my way to hand in writs now?
    Honestly though, thanks for this upcoming change!
  • Rumancek
    Rumancek
    ✭✭✭
    Still not as bad as stealable items near where you turn in crafting writs.
    "I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
    CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
    PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
    Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
    Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
    Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
    Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
    Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
    Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Thanks for all you do!

Yep, we'll take a look at some of the other NPCs called out in this thread too. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rumancek wrote: »

Yeah my 2015-2016 "check Windhelm traders" was full of near curse words and I'd jitter the mouse and end up stealing an axe or something. You know they are cynically laughing at us for every one of those thefts.
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While we are at it, Llildorian (alchemist merchant) is kind of crowding the joint next to the alchemy table in the crafting area in Leyawiin. I love his emote/momento glowy thing, and want one. Should probably be where the small barrel next to him is, well away from the crafting table(the tables in Vvardenfell also have merchants that are so close they screw with targeting). Just tossin that out there. IDK if he bugs anyone else though XD
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won't mind if you teleport Stuga somewhere out of audio reach... middle of Red Mountain would be perfect. And two those discussing dragons before I free dragons too...
    Woud be nice to play eso with audio turned on again :)

And thank you for Nolus Cedus
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Rumancek wrote: »

Stealable items I understand, same with things on the bank counter --- they force you to be careful and add a little bit of an adventure if you get caught.
    The guy being so close he pushes you and cancels the action you were doing is annoying, almost annoying as the two boxes you can't reach, and have to wait for the game to decide you were "close enough" as if you were harvesting a node you also couldn't reach. That feels awkward and sloppy to me.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for moving him. I actually got angry and murdered him yesterday. 😢
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for all you do!

Yep, we'll take a look at some of the other NPCs called out in this thread too. :)

Sweet! If it's not too much to ask, perhaps the devs could also reference this list of NPCs that block or stalk players.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/579041/qol-suggestions-npc-behavior#latest

There's a few more I've spotted too:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Qadim
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Darius_(Redguard)
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Telonil

I'm sure it's a lot to consider, guessing some of these would require reworking of scenes and quest triggers, but gotta ask! Would definitely like my turn-ins to be a smoother experience over these, so thanks for the attention!
    Edited by Destai on October 18, 2021 6:55PM
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and may be you also be so kind to remove gаggling cat and vomiting reachman out of Markarth inn? The bard there has a very beautiful voice and I like songs but that disgusting vomiting soud louder that the song is... disgusting
    Who thought it is a funny idea to put that two there :(
    Edited by Ratinira on October 18, 2021 5:50PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you! Any chance of also smoothing out that speed bump on the boardwalk leading to the writ turn-in in Vivec City, while you are at it? It doesn't happen every time, but several times a day, my mount ends up launching into the air there.
  • Rumancek
    Rumancek
    ✭✭✭
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Oh and may be you also be so kind to remove gаggling cat and vomiting reachman out of Markarth inn? The bard there has a very beautiful voice and I like songs but that disgusting vomiting soud louder that the song is... disgusting
    Who thought it is a funny idea to put that two there :(

Having just come back after a long break, I've not got to that DLC yet and it's a good thing I read this! If I heard that noise I'd probably fly off my bed in search of my Russian Blue who has an obsession with bathing and then gagging the hairballs in the worst places.

Clearly, a dev has cat hairball trauma and is making us suffer D:
    "I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
    CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
    PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
    Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
    Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
    Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
    Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
    Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
    Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.