The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Endgame - Craglorn etc.

stokesc
stokesc
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I'm still waiting to see an official communication regarding cross-alliance grouping, admittedly I may have missed it, with Craglorn being released in the near future it would be nice to know how\when this is going to be implemented?!

Thanks.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will ever be. Cross alliance!? If they do that I'm out lol. I fight for who I fight for and never want the enemy in my group.
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    I can't say for certain, but if I had to make a guess, I'd guess it'd probably be similar to how Coldharbour and the Veteran zones work; three big instances of Craglorn, each one tied down to each faction. So Covenant players in Craglorn will never see Dominion players or Pact players, only other Covenant players.
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say for certain, but if I had to make a guess, I'd guess it'd probably be similar to how Coldharbour and the Veteran zones work; three big instances of Craglorn, each one tied down to each faction. So Covenant players in Craglorn will never see Dominion players or Pact players, only other Covenant players.
    Craglorn is built for 24 players, not an entire faction. They will have to have it instanced for smaller groups.
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    Well I know that, of course. I'm just giving a broad example. Regardless of the size of the instances, we won't see players from other factions hanging out with us.
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct.
    The Psijic Order
  • stokesc
    stokesc
    Soul Shriven
    Well I'm a little confused then as over a year ago Paul Sage gave an interview implying that endgame would be cross-faction:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

I was just hoping there was an officail line on it...
  • Xanxarib16_ESO
    Stokecs its okey, they also promised 24 man raids at release, i gave up on trusting anything they come out with, i just look at patch notes and play the game till im bored. :(

I will probaly play both Wildstar and ESO. crossing my fingers ESO can get there act together and come out with a 24 man raid or even 40... but with there current soft target and smart healing system in place that will probaly never happen. so il have WIldstar for larger raids and ESO for something else.

dont get me wrong i love ESO i loved the questing, the lore, and i have several times stop in my questing just marveled at the view, the grafic in this game is really great, and the light effect like sunsets and sunrises can really take ones breath away.

but we need some real endgame for Raiders like me. i can live with 24 man but 12 is to small.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont get the love for Wildstar. That art style is such a massive turn off. I'll be interested to see what people say about it's raid content I guess but I have much stronger hope that this game will have good complex content over that game.