The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Whitestrake's Mayhem - Split Tickets in Imperial City, Again

VaranisArano
VaranisArano
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Whitestrake's Mayhem is out on the PTS. According to the latest PTS Patch Notes:

"You can earn a total of 3 Event Tickets per day during this event.
-The first 2 come from completing any daily quest that focuses on Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds.
- You may earn an additional ticket by completing an Imperial City District daily quest. Visit both places if you want to maximize your ticket earnings!"

As much as I'm pleased to see that all forms of PvPvE are being included in this event celebrating ALL forms of PVP...I'm disappointed to see that the tickets are once more split between Cyrodiil + BGs, and Imperial City.

I far preferred the ticket distribution from Midyear Mayhem Jan/Feb 2020. That event awarded three event tickets for any daily in Cyrodiil, BGs, and Imperial City.

I feel this methodology of "All tickets for any one daily" has the following benefits:
  • As with other events that only require one daily, this is more respectful of players with limited time to play.
  • Players who like PVP can focus on one of the PVP-centric dailies and then be done to PVP however they like.
  • Players who don't like PVP can focus on one of the quicker, less riskier dailies, and then be done.
  • Players who only like one form of PVP can focus on doing the daily from the type of PVP they enjoy.
  • Players who have to queue for Cyrodiil and Imperial City can accomplish all three tickets without having to leave that zone and queue up for the other. Additionally, waiting in queue can take a while depending on the campaign and time of day, so this having to queue once is more respectful of player time.

Now, since I like to look at all sides, here's some possible Cons to the idea:
  • Players who don't like Imperial City might avoid IC and stick to Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds. Presumably, this looks bad on population metrics, and also might make for a disappointing event for anyone who heads to Imperial City hoping to find it as busy as Cyrodiil.
  • This is speculation, but the Cyrodiil campaigns do tend to get rather full during past Midyear Mayhems. Prompting players to queue for IC if they want all the tickets may help even out the strain?
  • Players who are okay with Cyrodiil/BGs but don't want to or have time to do the IC Dailies as well are more likely to miss out on tickets, and thus, more likely to buy tickets from the Crown store.

In addition, I have some specific qualms about requiring Imperial City Dailies to get one ticket.
  • Most importantly, there is no Below 50 campaign for Imperial City. Unlike in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds where low level players can compete with other players also below 50 (in level, anyways, if not necessarily in experience), Imperial City does not have that option anymore. Yes, there is the No CP Campaign. However, that still involves fighting players in CP 160 gear, so it's not the same situation. You give a Below 50 option for Cyrodiil and BGs, but then require Below 50 players to play with the "big dogs" for the final ticket? This is a problem. You should either add a Below 50 IC Campaign for the duration of the event or remove the requirement.
  • In actual practice, Imperial City is quite difficult for players who are inexperienced at PVP due to the close quarters and stealth ambushes of urban PVP. Worse, the dailies make it very easy to predict where players are going to be, and there are only six options. In comparison, Cyrodiil has so many available dailies from towns and scouting missions that it is considerably more forgiving for players who are struggling with PVP. And yet, you chose to require Imperial City for the final ticket, with only six dailies.
  • The Imperial City Arena District quest neatly illustrates my qualms. As you know from past events, the Arena daily can be completed from the top of the alliance spawn points in the district. Naturally, this is an easier daily for players who want to avoid PVP. What we also saw as the last Year One Celebration event went on was that players who wanted to fight would go to the Arena District and target the players who were up on the platform. That's all allowed gameplay, but I'd ask "Is it good gameplay?" Did the Devs intend to create a situation where some players hide in a tower to complete an event ticket daily while others circle below like piranhas? It's not exactly fun and thrilling gameplay up there in the tower. And no offense meant to the piranhas. As a PVPer myself, I know the feeling...but it's not exactly great gameplay either.

As I said, I'm a PVPer. You won't find me wringing my hands about gankers or unfair fights when Whitestrake's Mayhem brings all the casual PVEers to the yard for PVP rewards. PVP gonna happen in PVP zones.

But that being said, I have some problems with splitting the three event tickets between Cyrodiil+ Battlegrounds AND Imperial City.

It will be far more respectful of player time to only require 1 PVP-zone daily for ALL 3 tickets.

It will be far more enjoyable for players to get ALL 3 tickets from the daily they most prefer doing.

There are substantive issues with Imperial City meaning that the IC Dailies are not an accessible source of event tickets. Specifically, IC is unfair to Below 50 players, the design of Imperial City is such that PVP is intentionally more difficult to avoid than in Cyrodiil, and finally, the limited options and easy ability to camp the daily quest locations make the IC Dailies far less forgiving than the other option in Cyrodiil.

I do not know why the Devs keep requiring the Imperial City Dailies for this type of event. If it's because participation numbers in Imperial City are very low, perhaps they should consider that exposing players to unfair and unfun PVP gameplay does not exactly make for a good lasting impression.

In contrast, giving players ALL 3 tickets for doing ANY daily in PVP zone gives players the agency to participate however they want with as much or as little risk as they can manage. It's much fairer and much more enjoyable that way.

Finally, if you absolutely must require the IC Dailies for the two Whitestrake's Mayhems, can you please, please for the love of Alessia, not make them a requirement for event tickets during the next "Year One/Imperial City" Event? Three times in a year is too much for the same six dailies. Have the decency to let us do White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison, at least!

Thank you for your consideration.
Edited by VaranisArano on October 12, 2021 12:40AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm personally of the opinion that the midyear mayhem tickets should only drop from BG dailies and the kill enemy players dailies. Basically only from the quests that require actual pvp and not pve cheese for a pvp event.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just please for the love of god add a dang writ board so we don’t have to go thru so many loading screens in IC.

Loading screens are not fun and engaging gameplay.

Agree also if you are trying to get people to try out PVP then IC dailies is not a good way to do it.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey

• NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine as is. One of the few ways to draw people into IC.

I do wish they would add a daily writ board in IC as someone suggested. I believe having to go through 12 loading screens to collect all the dailies is what annoys people more than actually completing a single daily, which usually only takes 2-4 minutes.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gating one of the tickets behind IC will not get me to go in there and get it. I did that during the IC celebration, when it was still a separate event, but now that it's part of Mayhem, I just ignore it. Don't really need that extra ticket.

They did the same thing during the Year One Celebration. Gating one ticket behind IC and then the other one from either Craglorn or Wrothgar. If they were really wanting players to explore ALL the year one content, they would have put one ticket behind each zone.

It's telling that they feel they have to keep doing this to get players into IC, as they know otherwise, many wouldn't bother. Yes, I know I can queue up quests ahead of time and have done so in the past, but I just don't enjoy IC AT ALL, so why bother? I'm far past doing content I hate just to get tickets.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 12, 2021 2:39PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just get in, get my tickets and then get out as quick as possible. IC gets all the fun sucked out of it by the zergs and try-hards during this event.
    Playing since beta...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that if you do the quests even before the event you just need to jump into IC base to hand in an quest.

And yes let the npc also give out the quests down in the base.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I do wish they would add a daily writ board in IC as someone suggested. I believe having to go through 12 loading screens to collect all the dailies is what annoys people more than actually completing a single daily, which usually only takes 2-4 minutes.

I don't understand the "it'll draw people to IC" thing, honestly. It won't. It's not going to lure people who dislike IC there, it's just going to make them bitter that tickets keep getting put there. I ignore tickets that get put into IC every time there's an event that does it. The only people going into IC are the ones that like it, and the ones who like PvP that haven't tried it yet. The ticket isn't drawing anyone new to IC who wouldn't be going there.

Needing to "lure" people into content also means maybe the content itself and the rewards it normally offers should perhaps be looked at and reworked to some extent.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    I like the city..I don’t like the alliance war mechanics..I’d love to be able to farm there and get bosses without being sent back from a section of sewer that doesn’t directly tie to my base..plus the tankers who sit right outside your base door waiting to jump u right as u interact with the door and u get bursted from behind and drop dead instantly or go out the door and drop down than boom dead again..
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it sounds like "we don't want to put any more work into IC and want it to be deserted" in this times. Like, you don't need to force anyone there and be burned out of it. Make some changes, shake things up. Punish ganking for tel-var, make a new feature there damn it if can't come up with something else.

But forcing people who don't wanna belong here for a grind isn't the only way, very likely amount of gankers on events will just kill any interest for a newcomers. Some would still be clueless there's a main quest line in IC, pretty good one I'd say and certainly a better one we're having nowadays each year. But oh well, it seen better times for sure.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let us pick up all the IC dailies from the sewer base and I'd let this one slide.

That's the true pain point for me going to IC.
    PC NA
  • Eshkerigal
    Eshkerigal
    ✭✭✭
    This is game.
    Players came here to have good time, have fun, rest and forget about real life problems for few hours per day.

Game shouldn't force people to do things they don't want to. I lost chance for getting personality, because I hate pvp ( I am forced to do pvp to get horn as a healer anyway) and I had no patience to do quests in imperial city and sewers and getting killed because I am not PvP player.

And no, it won't draw people to IC. It will force them to do quests during event and then..."it was a nightmare, I will never go there"

Give something for players, who play pve - isntead of daily from imperial city - give us ticket drop from last boss in icp/wgt.
    So... ticket from daily cyro/finishing bg and ticket from daily ic/last boss from ic dungeons.
    Edited by Eshkerigal on October 13, 2021 6:37PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshkerigal wrote: »
    This is game.
    Players came here to have good time, have fun, rest and forget about real life problems for few hours per day.

Game shouldn't force people to do things they don't want to. I lost chance for getting personality, because I hate pvp ( I am forced to do pvp to get horn as a healer anyway) and I had no patience to do quests in imperial city and sewers and getting killed because I am not PvP player.

And no, it won't draw people to IC. It will force them to do quests during event and then..."it was a nightmare, I will never go there"

Give something for players, who play pve - isntead of daily from imperial city - give us ticket drop from last boss in icp/wgt.
    So... ticket from daily cyro/finishing bg and ticket from daily ic/last boss from ic dungeons.

It's a game yes. But it is a game with many facets that offers varying incentives for players to branch out beyond their comfort zone and experience those different parts of the game. There is nothing wrong with that. And it is relatively healthy to encourage it. Many, many players have tried parts of the game they were weary or avoidant of and found they actually enjoyed them.

Not to mention, this is a PVP event. Why at all should there be PVE only means of participating in it? Being one of the few actual PVP events, this should be only PVP participation.
    Edited by jaws343 on October 13, 2021 6:46PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've hated the split tickets ever since they started doing it. Just hate it.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Split tickets and 3+ imperial city campaigns leading to each one getting dominated by a single faction have gotten incredibly annoying these past couple of PvP events. Ticket thing is more annoying though because of the queueing thing, and how it promotes people doing the easiest and quickest possible quest before leaving. Congrats, you got me into the Imperial City.... I didn't stay after that quest was turned in.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshkerigal wrote: »
    This is game.

White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison should not be an option for Whitestrakes Mayhem. That event celebrates all forms of PVP. There is no reason to include two PVE dungeons in that event.

Instead, I specifically said it applied to the Year One Celebration which includes the Imperial City DLC, which, YES, includes the two dungeons. Every single other Imperial City Event, we've been allowed to do the two dungeons for tickets. There was no good reason for ZOS to exclude them from the Year One Celebration this year, and the dungeons should be reinstated as ticket options in the future. (I can only speculate that ZOS did not include them due to being unable to fix the dungeon-breaking bug with Molag Kena.)
  • kramer.danielrwb17_ESO
    I despise PvP. Always have. This won't make me do more PvP, just the bare minimum for tickets. That means I'll preload as many dailies as I can. You're artificially inflating my PvP timeline by maybe 10 minutes as Im forced to jump instances, well done.

If you really wanted to encourage people to join the PvP content, make it less punishing to doing small amounts of each. Any time I spend in IC forced to PvP is not boosting my alliance rank. Any time spent in Cyrodil isn't giving me Tel Var (but at least I can spend gold for those rewards in guild stores). Thus, if im forced to PvP, Cyrodil is marginally preferable.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a big problem
    Il do all 6 daily on 3 characters and let the sleep in sewer durring the event and give one back
    Everyday until the end of the event
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Just please for the love of god add a dang writ board so we don’t have to go thru so many loading screens in IC.

Loading screens are not fun and engaging gameplay.

Agree also if you are trying to get people to try out PVP then IC dailies is not a good way to do it.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey

This right here! I Pvp Mainly and cannot stand IC just for this reason.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do enjoy PvP, and even farm IC sewers, but I do not go into IC during events. Instead I do 12 dailies (6 on 2 characters) and just turn in 1 every day during an event. If people who play IC outside of events won't even go there during an event, maybe IC isn't as fun as the devs think.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Load into characters that have quest slots free do all the quests now and boom load into them hand quests in…no grind during event at all.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

I don't understand the "it'll draw people to IC" thing, honestly. It won't. It's not going to lure people who dislike IC there, it's just going to make them bitter that tickets keep getting put there. I ignore tickets that get put into IC every time there's an event that does it. The only people going into IC are the ones that like it, and the ones who like PvP that haven't tried it yet. The ticket isn't drawing anyone new to IC who wouldn't be going there.

Needing to "lure" people into content also means maybe the content itself and the rewards it normally offers should perhaps be looked at and reworked to some extent.

It does though. There is a reason they add extra campaigns. I play IC for literally hours a day during events and there are tons of people there. During off hours people usually faction stack individual campaigns, but during prime time I like to jump from campaign to campaign as it is non-stop action. And it is 1000% better than Cyro because lag is very minimal and you don't need to run 100km to get a fight.

Maybe you or other people on the forums hate it, but it does get many people to give it a whirl. There are many ESO players who like PvP during events when it is what everyone is doing, but otherwise don't engage with that content. I see it in some of my PvE guilds - they form groups and get out to PvP for 2 weeks, then they go back to ignoring it until the next event.

Some of the people there are non-pvpers who just want a ticket and immediately surrender when I engage them - I generally leave them alone. But I have seen gangs of these types take on people and win. And I am always happy to see it. I've been beat by gangs of low CP PvEers before and I was proud of them. Maybe one of them from that PvE group will get the rush of the kill and play more PvP in the future.

I'm not sure what they need to do to give a year-long draw to IC, besides more rewards obviously, but it remains my favorite zone to this day. Even after all these years. My enjoyment of playing the game is the only reward I need during MYM and IC events. I live for the few scant weeks a year I get to enjoy it as originally intended.

Edited by NoxiousBlight on October 16, 2021 12:06AM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredibly annoying as usual. :(
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    I got my two tickets in Cryodil but can't seem to get my third ticket in IC. Completed several scouting dallies but no place to turn in or get my ticket.

Oops! Didn't mean to Necro an old post. Searched for "no IC ticket" and got here.
    Edited by Strut6569 on August 2, 2022 3:34AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strut6569 wrote: »
    I got my two tickets in Cryodil but can't seem to get my third ticket in IC. Completed several scouting dallies but no place to turn in or get my ticket.

Oops! Didn't mean to Necro an old post. Searched for "no IC ticket" and got here.

No worries! The IC tickets come from the District bounties/daily quests. You'll need to use the ladders in your base to climb up into the District's spawn tower. There should be a Bounty NPC nearby on the tower who'll give you the daily.

Once done, you need to return to your sewer base to turn it in.

If by IC scouting bounties you mean the "paint our symbol on the wall of the respawn area" quest, those don't count for tickets.

Good luck!
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is really nice resurrect.

Already second event i completely skip IC (despite actually liking it) - it is second (long) queue, ladders half of the time don't work ("you already queued for this campaign") and all this waiting for just single ticket. If all tickets were received from first quest i would probably chose IC.