Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curated drops

ajkb78
ajkb78
✭✭✭✭✭
Much has been said about curated boss loot. What about monster shoulders? It would be downright wonderful if the loot from undaunted vendors' chests is curated too.

Best Answer

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as i know its not happening at least for now
    As chest and vendor coffer arent included in the new drop system
    Answer ✓
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not, is this something that has been overlooked and if so please can it be looked at? @ZOS_Kevin
    Undaunted shoulders are among the most frustrating items to farm, and it would be amazing if the loot curation could address this as well as boss loot drops.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tested this specifically? I can't test it anymore because I created a template character and that fills out your "sticker-book" with everything.
    Playing since beta...
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They were very specific that the curation only comes from looting boss enemies or looting chests directly tied to killing a boss enemy (such as chests at end of arena stages, or chests at end of dolmen, etc.). I am not sure exactly why they did that, but it was on purpose.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    They were very specific that the curation only comes from looting boss enemies or looting chests directly tied to killing a boss enemy (such as chests at end of arena stages, or chests at end of dolmen, etc.). I am not sure exactly why they did that, but it was on purpose.

That may well be. I suspected it had probably been overlooked but given the tricky RNG (5 keys for a 1 in 6 chance of what you need, or 1 key for a very low chance) it can be a huge grind of pledges to get what you need. If the system has been brought in to avoid the feeling of an endless, hopeless grind then this area could certainly do with having it applied too. Maybe if only for the 1 key fully random boxes.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    Much has been said about curated boss loot. What about monster shoulders? It would be downright wonderful if the loot from undaunted vendors' chests is curated too.

Shoulders?! I want to be able to Choose the type of armour for monster helmets.
    I only need to do a dungeon on normal difficulty to get a shoulder. But the helmet I need to do it on Veteran.
    It's a pain in the ass trying to get a PvP character to do enough DPS.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭

I only need to do a dungeon on normal difficulty to get a shoulder. But the helmet I need to do it on Veteran.

Helmets are *way* easier to farm than shoulders, because they're tradeable within your group. If you ask nicely, you'll almost certainly get the piece you want to wear in one run, and a full set in three.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually you have to do a single normal dungeon to get a random shoulder from a number of sets. For a shoulder out of 2 sets its already 5. You do a single vet dungeon to get a helmet from that particular type. After the update you need 3 dungeons maximum and even less if you just ask for helmets.

To put that in perspective: If a new dungeon pack comes you have to do each of the 2 dungeons 3 times on vet, but you will need 50-100 keys to get the shoulders from these 2 dungeons completed. Thats 25-50 vet hm pledges or 50-100 normal pledges.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

This is why ESO has so many problems and will never be fixed until PVP and PVE are treated completely differently. PVE players saying buff content because it is way too easy even with a half decent build, then you have PVP players like this saying content is too hard because they are geared toward a completely different kind of content.
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    Use the armory system for a pvp load out and a pve load out.done