Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[Healer help] Questions regarding healing.

Alutora
Alutora
✭✭✭
Hi guys, I have some question regarding healer. They are kinda basic questions, but I get different answers from different players, just would love to read more opinions.
Little about me - I’m by no means a beginner healer, I’ve beat every single DLC HM (except for FV HM) with it, though I do know there is always room for more improvement, I admit I don’t know everything and do love to learn more about my role, and do my best to boost my group’s dps as much as possible :)

Also, I am mainly HM DLC dungeon player/trifecta runner, I don’t do trials, so my questions really revolve around 4 man content.

1. Tri stat vs spell power pots?
I am avid user of tri stat pots (and food) and always have been. They have always helped me in case I needed that extra stam for dodge roll purposes or quick burst self heal, and I rely on them a lot. Though, I do realize I am missing 20% of spell dmg and spell crit. What do you guys suggest running? I wear SPC and I am able to keep the buff up, though I would like to squeeze every last bit possible from my role. Is the difference significant, or doesn’t it make that much difference for a healer?

2. Blockade or no blockade?
I understand the purpose of blockade, and I always used it with the old CP system (there was a passive that increased damage to off balance enemies). With the new CP system I’ve removed it and I’m using another skill. I’ve came across an updated guide (Alcast namely) that suggests “keeping blockade up at all times will boost your group’s dps by a lot”. Is it for the concussion effect? Do you guys still run blockade, is it a must or do you think it’s more of a flex slot now? I don’t have another Templar in my group, so I have to slot Purifying Light for extra 10% spell dmg, and I do really like using both orbs and shards, (shards on tank and orbs for ranged DD), so I have literally no space for it.

3. Back bar weapon trait
I’ve always used decisive (higher ulti regen), but most guides advise charged. Why?

4. vDsA Master’s resto staff. Worth it or not?
This is probably my biggest problem here. I own the staff, but I have actually never used it. Why? It restores literally 400 mag and stam, which is in most cases not even 1/4 cost of 1 spell. I find it hilariously weak, and I never bothered to reconstruct it and use it. I use sets like Scorion and I don’t want to think about on which bar am I heavy attacking to proc it. What are your thoughts on the staff? Why is it considered a must for every healer?

5. Holy Ritual on a back bar?
This is more so of a silly question, but as a templar, I always see people using holy ritual on the back bar and shards on the front. I’m very comfortable with having holy ritual with the rest of my healing spells in my front bar, and shards + orbs in the back. Does it have to do something with the Master’s staff, or is it for the piercing skill passive from Aedric spear (10% crit dmg)? I feel like my crit is already so low, that 10% crit dmg to my resto staff heavy attack won’t do any significant difference.

I know this is quite a lot, but those are things that I can’t find answers to, or get conflicting opinions from other healers.
Thanks so much for any advice. Much appreciated.
Edited by Alutora on October 6, 2021 10:15PM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In dungeons, it's perfectly fine to run tripots. I've healed most dlc dungeon hard modes, and they weren't an issue. My heals weren't lacking at all.

I personally don't run blockade, but I mainly heal on a warden, who has minor vulnerability already. I guess if you're a templar, you might could run it. You don't really need both orbs and shards, because it's kind of redundant. You're probably going to be close enough to both dps and tank most of the time for orbs to hit everyone. Dps should all be running damage orbs anyway, so the tank shouldn't be lacking for the synergy.

Charged would cause the enchant's status effects, like concussion, to proc more.

Usually, Master's is ran front bar, as long as you have a set that can be backbarred, like roaring opportunist. I'm assuming scorion procs in a similar fashion, and yes, you heavy attack on your back bar to proc it. Master's is really good in trial situations. You could also backbar master architect, paired with spc, for dungeons to help push the dps further. That's what I did for places that were a bit challenging, like dread cellar hard mode.

I've always ran ritual on the back bar, whenever I do run a templar. It's such a long duration, that it's not really needed on your front bar.

I think my bar setup was something like:
    Front bar: springs, radiating regeneration, combat prayer, breath of life/honor the dead, healing ward
    Back bar: orbs, ritual, ele drain, purifying light, and either blockade/channeled focus/flex spot

Like I said, I mainly heal on wardens now, but hopefully this helped somewhat.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alutora wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have some question regarding healer. They are kinda basic questions, but I get different answers from different players, just would love to read more opinions.
    Little about me - I’m by no means a beginner healer, I’ve beat every single DLC HM (except for FV HM) with it, though I do know there is always room for more improvement, I admit I don’t know everything and do love to learn more about my role, and do my best to boost my group’s dps as much as possible :)

Also, I am mainly HM DLC dungeon player/trifecta runner, I don’t do trials, so my questions really revolve around 4 man content.

1. Tri stat vs spell power pots?
    I am avid user of tri stat pots (and food) and always have been. They have always helped me in case I needed that extra stam for dodge roll purposes or quick burst self heal, and I rely on them a lot. Though, I do realize I am missing 20% of spell dmg and spell crit. What do you guys suggest running? I wear SPC and I am able to keep the buff up, though I would like to squeeze every last bit possible from my role. Is the difference significant, or doesn’t it make that much difference for a healer?

2. Blockade or no blockade?
    I understand the purpose of blockade, and I always used it with the old CP system (there was a passive that increased damage to off balance enemies). With the new CP system I’ve removed it and I’m using another skill. I’ve came across an updated guide (Alcast namely) that suggests “keeping blockade up at all times will boost your group’s dps by a lot”. Is it for the concussion effect? Do you guys still run blockade, is it a must or do you think it’s more of a flex slot now? I don’t have another Templar in my group, so I have to slot Purifying Light for extra 10% spell dmg, and I do really like using both orbs and shards, (shards on tank and orbs for ranged DD), so I have literally no space for it.

3. Back bar weapon trait
    I’ve always used decisive (higher ulti regen), but most guides advise charged. Why?

4. vDsA Master’s resto staff. Worth it or not?
    This is probably my biggest problem here. I own the staff, but I have actually never used it. Why? It restores literally 400 mag and stam, which is in most cases not even 1/4 cost of 1 spell. I find it hilariously weak, and I never bothered to reconstruct it and use it. I use sets like Scorion and I don’t want to think about on which bar am I heavy attacking to proc it. What are your thoughts on the staff? Why is it considered a must for every healer?

5. Holy Ritual on a back bar?
    This is more so of a silly question, but as a templar, I always see people using holy ritual on the back bar and shards on the front. I’m very comfortable with having holy ritual with the rest of my healing spells in my front bar, and shards + orbs in the back. Does it have to do something with the Master’s staff, or is it for the piercing skill passive from Aedric spear (10% crit dmg)? I feel like my crit is already so low, that 10% crit dmg to my resto staff heavy attack won’t do any significant difference.

I know this is quite a lot, but those are things that I can’t find answers to, or get conflicting opinions from other healers.
    Thanks so much for any advice. Much appreciated.

Hi, will try to help as experienced healer in end-game too ^^

1 => I use tri-stat as well mainly in 4man content, never felt the need of M. Sorc/Proph. In raid I use spell power cuz we don't need stam as much as in dlc hm 4man.

2 => Decisive is useless in back bar and same for charged. You should consider Infused instead to enhance your glyph proc rate (weapon dmg / crusher / weakening or even if running Catalyst Flame/Frost/Shock.
    Charged was meta (on Main bar, not back-bar though, those guide who write that never dig into mechanic obviously) with infused shock on back bar to proc concussion and then because of WoE, off-balance, which, with old CP system, made dps doing 10% more dmg on off-balance target.
    With CP change and nerf uptime from off-balance, it's now pretty useless.
    (Also give some minor vulnerability, but, warden, nb and necro existe so...)

3 => Blockade is less important than it was and I consider it as a flex spot too. That said my main set-up always use it to proc crusher cuz sometime the tank is not near the target dps are fighting.

4 => Only if you can back-bar one of your set (opportuniste, stone-talker, olorime, etc..)

5 => I don't use Shard, Orb is better, shard is used only in case where Tank is very far and that not really often. For Ritual I use it on back bar, long duration, and not a priority-skill, no need to main bar it but it's more about player choice tbh.

Hope it will help you, have fun :)
    Edited by Aznarb on October 17, 2021 10:09AM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both so much for your answers. It’s a great help! 🤩