Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch manifest error attempted repair launcher now frozen

shadyjane62
shadyjane62
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Logged on this to patch manifest error and a request to repair. I hit repair. My launcher frozen and is stuck. I attempted every fix I could find. I then attempted to submit a ticket, but I can't get a game consultant file without the launcher. It tells me to clik on golden cog on launcher but I can't the launcher back. It is stuck on reloading. I tried uninstalling everything but launcher still running.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 7, 2021 10:48PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also got an error at launch but mine was that the patch manifest could not be downloaded, nothing about repair though.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you restarted your PC?

I know this may not fix it but it is the first step tech support has people do because it often will fix an issue. I have seen someone have their game crash over and over even though they had just started their machine and game and restarting the PC rectified whatever the issue was.

Good luck.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tried restarting many times. Have shut down completely twice. Have uninstalling everything I can find, and launcher is still running, but inaccessible.

Help.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Have you restarted your PC?

I know this may not fix it but it is the first step tech support has people do because it often will fix an issue. I have seen someone have their game crash over and over even though they had just started their machine and game and restarting the PC rectified whatever the issue was.

Good luck.

I apologize if this was meant specifically for the OP, but the next thing I tried after restarting the launcher was to restart my PC. Alas, I encountered the exact same error again.

Edit: I was able to launch the game from the exe file directly, bypassing the launcher.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 6, 2021 11:18PM
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I'm having this issue, as far as no repair button after letting it sit a minute mine appeared, though don't know if it will fix the issue.

This same thing happened to be a couple of weeks ago after playing for years. Last time repair fixed it.
    I'm having this issue, as far as no repair button after letting it sit a minute mine appeared, though don't know if it will fix the issue.

This same thing happened to be a couple of weeks ago after playing for years. Last time repair fixed it.

Nope, try to repair and it paused a bit then goes back to the manifest failure error and still wont work.

Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail

Ran the Game Consultant, Ran Tracerrt and Pathping, flushed DNS, restarted everything, all nothing so far.

Nope, try to repair and it paused a bit then goes back to the manifest failure error and still wont work.

Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail

Ran the Game Consultant, Ran Tracerrt and Pathping, flushed DNS, restarted everything, all nothing so far.

Oh and PC NA
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    there is a thread on this in the general sectio and there is a post from Zen asking for host files:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588374/bug-report-error-210-patch-manifest-download-error-on-launcher
  • berunhieyes
    berunhieyes
    ✭✭✭
    jrfk2 wrote: »
    there is a thread on this in the general sectio and there is a post from Zen asking for host files:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588374/bug-report-error-210-patch-manifest-download-error-on-launcher

Posting info from the general thread linked above.

The source of the problem seems have been identified as Windows 7 not enabling the needed TLS. It can be fixed by downloading MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/5/0658B1A7-6D2E-474F-BC2C-D69E5B9E9A68/MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi

I have done this and it works for me.

Tried this EasyFix thing this morning, seems to have worked for me as well. TY.
  • Sahqon
    Sahqon
    ✭✭✭
    Came here to report the bug but the EasyFix worked for me too. Wtf, no updates since yesterday and yet the launcher worked yesterday? Anyway, it's working now.
  • Marina
    Marina
    Soul Shriven
    Win 7, easy fix didn't help (
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are currently investigating launcher loading issues affecting many players. With multiple threads already ongoing we've decided to close this discussion. You can continue posting and find updates in the thread linked below.

Launcher getting stuck on intstall
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.