Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lakemire Xanmeer missing water tiles for drains

FlamingMeat
FlamingMeat
✭✭✭
Lakemire Xanmeer has missing water texture tiles under a significant portion of the drains and the tiles that are there clearly clip into the drain. The screenshots may look like they're flush with the ground but I assure you, if you look for yourself they're clearly placed to show depth and are floating halfway up the drain walls. Screenshots make it very hard to convey just how bad it really looks.

I just hope someone can swoop in and just take a few seconds to see how egregious this looks in a piece of $150+ content. I have already submitted an in-game report at it's exact locations days ago as well as bug report tickets and a crown store item ticket, which got escalated but I was told that they can't do anything about it and to specifically submit feedback to the team, not another bug report, which I did. But seeing as this issue has been around for years and threads of it are long archived I'm hoping some prodding will have someone passionate on the team look at it. It's literally unmissable when viewed in game. wnj8mwb4m0z9.png
fpa591ysadf1.png
muu6g3zdyq4e.png
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    Here are additional videos, to provide depth to the images:

https://i.imgur.com/vXcE94B.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/pR175Mo.mp4
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yepyep... If lit from certain angles, it looks really bad :(
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    On the left wall of the basement there is a missing chunk of wall that lets you see straight through the house from the bottom. I see there are mentions of household fixes in the PTB patch notes but none for Xanmeer.
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    Update: No mention of a fix in PTS Patch v7.0.4
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    In an effort not to just bump the thread without adding anything: This isn't a rendering issue, the tiles just haven't been placed by the devs.

There ARE rendering issues though where the basement will have its walls and floors look like they're covered in slime and have no details, if this happens then outside where water starts to become animated at waterfalls or other areas there will be a visual outline of the animated tile where it connects with the still water tiles around it. However this is fixed by reloading the area most of the time. Just odd that it's only those two areas when the area fails to render properly are always affected. I'll attach a picture when I can as it may be due to extended play on the Xbox One. Still odd that it's always those bits that bug and nothing else.
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    ad0w9e0yiila.png
    mpjt1ukdbj84.png
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    Update: There is no update. Water tiles are still missing with blackwood
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I have resent bug reports through all available relevant avenues and have received no response that isn't automated yet again.
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    No fix as of the latest update (Xbox NA)
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    Still present in current patch. Fun.
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    And we're back. Water textures still missing in Xanmeer and additionally in Sweetwater Cascades the group of rocks adjacent to the circular waterfall in the bottom left of the map are clearly floating. Something needs to be done about quality control with these releases; I know you can't catch everything but both these issues aren't tiny clipping textures, they're glaring with no way to unsee or ignore them once seen other than completely covering up the terrain with objects.
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    This is my last-ditch plea to get this fixed before the update in a few days. Please. Someone just fix it.