The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Destination map marker not applying on compass

SpiritKitten
SpiritKitten
✭✭✭✭
So the blue diamond marker that sets the destination on the compass will not show up on my compass unless I place it on my map twice. And then, it will disappear from my compass after a few minutes, even if it still is placed on the map. So then I have to reapply it twice to the map. Any idea if this is an addon problem? I can't be the only one with this issue since the latest patch.

I use:
Map Pins
Quest Map
MiniMap by Fyrakin
RDK Group Tool
Sieged Keeps
Miat's PVP Alerts
LoreBooks
PapaCrown Fixed and Improved
Vampz
LibMapPins
LibMapPing
LibGPS
CustomCompassPins

This list is of the potential culprits. I use a lot of addons but none others affect the map or compass as far as I can figure.

Yes, I keep my addons updated before every game session. This problem started since the last update, 31.

I had the new multithreaded option enabled but my game kept crashing so I disabled it. It did not fix the issue with the compass.

I added Map Coordinates one day ago and it did not affect the situation.

Thanks for any advice.
Edited by SpiritKitten on September 6, 2021 8:55PM
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    This was in U30 already.

Of course I thought it has to do with LibMapPing and LibGPS. But no. Even without addons the waypoint is clearly visible on the map, but not in the compass after /reloadui.

The API is returning valid values, so the game should know where it is.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »
    This was in U30 already.

Of course I thought it has to do with LibMapPing and LibGPS. But no. Even without addons the waypoint is clearly visible on the map, but not in the compass after /reloadui.

The API is returning valid values, so the game should know where it is.

Hey, thanks for the reply. So it is not an addon. Okay. Sometimes it phases into working for several hours. Hopefully one of those times the fix will stick.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to update this thread to say that I disabled multithreaded around the same time as the error went away but I did not connect the two in my mind and immediately as I re-enabled multithreaded the other day, the error came back! I unenabled, it immediately went away. I'll post this over on the bug forums.