The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG REPORT: Dragon Leap and Fossilize don’t work.

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Randomly in PvP, dragon leap and fossilize skills don’t work. Can we please get an acknowledgment that these skills will be fixed by the time the next patch is released?

They are the two core skills that every DK uses. Please fix ASAP.
Edited by Skoomah on September 26, 2021 4:31PM
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Randomly in PvP, dragon leap and fossilize skills don’t work. Can we please get an acknowledgment that these skills will be fixed by the time the next patch is released?

Fossilize not working is tied to the enemy using CC immunity potions, this will disable Fossilize for the whole fight in many cases.

Leap not working is caused by the skill losing its range this primarily happens in IC and BGs in Cyrodiil this bug hasn't occurred for 2 patches.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this on the PTS, still? If so, then I agree. What on earth is the point of buffing DK passives, if those skills do not work properly. The whole point of a PvP DK is to leap. Without Leap the class - certainly a stam DK - is just a generic stam class. ZOS priorities reek or, at the very least, their communication leaves something to be desired. How can they mention "DK love", but not talk about fixing Leap?!

Same old bug as far as I can see. Protected platforms in IC and possibly BGs sometimes disable Leap permanently until you reslot it or you die. How that seemed to be fixed in previous patches, but is rearing it's head again is beyond me, although I am not clear on the exact mechanics. I primarily encounter problems in IC, but then again I play in IC the most. Not sure about the Fossilize bug you mention.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fossilize works and is special as it'll only work if it can... You know.... Work. That's why I love it, but the thing about Leap is incredibly annoying and destroys my enjoyment in BGs and IC. Wish they'd fix the no range bug already :disappointed:
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This needs to be fixed ASAP. I have to swap around gear and skills and pray to go at the beginning of each BG match and whenever I'm in IC that my gap closers and fossilize skills will work. Pleases fix this ASAP.
  • WillyOneBlood
    WillyOneBlood
    ✭✭✭
    VarisVaris wrote: »

Fossilize not working is tied to the enemy using CC immunity potions, this will disable Fossilize for the whole fight in many cases.

Leap not working is caused by the skill losing its range this primarily happens in IC and BGs in Cyrodiil this bug hasn't occurred for 2 patches.

Not true. They don't work, has nothing to do with other players counter play or leap distance. The skills do not work when you press them a million times and are both greyed out on the skill bar, also does it with Unrelenting Grip, has been happening since Blackwood update and is still happening on live today. The only fix is to leave instance and reque, reslotting skills doesn't work either. Go through the forums, there are a bunch of threads about this problem and has still not been fixed. Doesn't happen with any other class except DK. It's got nothing to do with potions or counter play, it's a broken class bug that needs to be fixed.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe there are 4-5 weeks left of this PTS. Please ZOS, fix this ASAP.
    Edited by Skoomah on September 27, 2021 10:46AM
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true. They don't work, has nothing to do with other players counter play or leap distance. The skills do not work when you press them a million times and are both greyed out on the skill bar, also does it with Unrelenting Grip, has been happening since Blackwood update and is still happening on live today. The only fix is to leave instance and reque, reslotting skills doesn't work either. Go through the forums, there are a bunch of threads about this problem and has still not been fixed. Doesn't happen with any other class except DK. It's got nothing to do with potions or counter play, it's a broken class bug that needs to be fixed.

The reason why leap is greyed out is because the skill loses its range value. If you look at the TT when that bug happens it'll not state any Range.

Fossilize not working for the whole fight is tied to the enemy having used CC immunity potions, they will prevent fossilize from working long after the intentional CC immunity has run out.

Please read my posts more carefully next time before writing a paragraph that has 0 information while discrediting the explanations on how to recreate bugs
  • WillyOneBlood
    WillyOneBlood
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there are 4-5 left of this PTS. Please ZOS, fix this ASAP.

Are you genuinely aski the Devs to listen to you about a bug in the

The reason why leap is greyed out is because the skill loses its range value. If you look at the TT when that bug happens it'll not state any Range.

Fossilize not working for the whole fight is tied to the enemy having used CC immunity potions, they will prevent fossilize from working long after the intentional CC immunity has run out.

Please read my posts more carefully next time before writing a paragraph that has 0 information while discrediting the explanations on how to recreate bugs

Read my post and everyone else comment more clearly. It's got nothing to do with range or CC suppression, it is a bug. Even in range leaps don't work. Petrify, leap and chains all don't work in PvP regardless of range or cc immunity. You're not reading the full post correctly. The skills are bugged and have been bugged for many, many months. Read the post correctly before replying again with false information. You automatically dismissed everyone else in this thread before even reading what they have to say.
  • WillyOneBlood
    WillyOneBlood
    ✭✭✭

You clearly don't know about the bug and haven't experienced the bug. The skills do not work in PvP or Imperial City, are you telling me that a PvE enemy in Imperial City has CC immunity potions on them???????? You haven't read what 100+ other players have wrote on this forum regarding the bug. You don't know what you're talking about. Please explain a PvE enemy in Imperial City having CC immunity potions on them?
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You clearly don't know about the bug and haven't experienced the bug. The skills do not work in PvP or Imperial City, are you telling me that a PvE enemy in Imperial City has CC immunity potions on them???????? You haven't read what 100+ other players have wrote on this forum regarding the bug. You don't know what you're talking about. Please explain a PvE enemy in Imperial City having CC immunity potions on them?

Why would anyone use Fossilize against a PvE opponent?
  • WillyOneBlood
    WillyOneBlood
    ✭✭✭

No, no, no, no....please explain why a PvE enemy in Imperial City would have cc immunity potions? Don't change the subject now that you've been proven to be lying and spreading false information. Answer the question.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, no, no, no....please explain why a PvE enemy in Imperial City would have cc immunity potions? Don't change the subject now that you've been proven to be lying and spreading false information. Answer the question.

ZOS, please provide some acknowledgment that this bug is being looked into. Useable skills is a basic and fundamental activity. It’s not like you gotta press the button 5x to get it to go off. The skill is entireably not useable at all...
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not true. We tested Fossilize in Imperial City with friends being on different factions and even when none of us were using CC immunity potions it still didn't work. It just remained greyed out.

We went to a corner of the map and tested it, no one around, no potions nor skills used or activated, one of my friends just standing there doing nothing, and my Fossilize was not triggering.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 27, 2021 1:02PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Mapekz
    Mapekz
    ✭✭
    There are two issues and everyone is right.

1. DK's Petrify (Fossilize/Shattering Rocks) and Sorc's Rune Prison/Rune Cage remain grayed out after an enemy's Immovability potion wears off. The only way to un-gray them out is to stun the enemy with Leap or Streak or something else and wait out CC immunity.

2. Petrify, Rune Prison, and Leap not working randomly in IC and BGs is also problematic. Leap claims that the enemy is out of range, so to me that seems a more obvious place to look to fix it. The grayed out abilities on the other hand can't give any feedback as we can't activate them and would be more difficult to pinpoint the root cause of.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mapekz wrote: »
    1. DK's Petrify (Fossilize/Shattering Rocks) and Sorc's Rune Prison/Rune Cage remain grayed out after an enemy's Immovability potion wears off. The only way to un-gray them out is to stun the enemy with Leap or Streak or something else and wait out CC immunity.

Again, my friend did not drink nor have any immovability potion, effect or so before we tested, he never drank a potion nor activated anything, and I was the first "enemy" he fought (so he was not carrying the "immovability effect not wearing off" bug from before engaging me). He just came clean, he didn't enter in any combat before engaging me to test. Same with me, I engaged no one either before the test (meaning I didn't try to use my Fossilize on anyone else before him) and, right from the beginning of our test, I couldn't use Fossilize on him as it appeared greyed out, in Imperial City.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 27, 2021 4:12PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • WillyOneBlood
    WillyOneBlood
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Mapekz wrote: »

Again, my friend did not drink nor have any immovability potion, effect or so before we tested, he never drank a potion nor activated anything, and I was the first "enemy" he fought (so he was not carrying the "immovability effect not wearing off" bug from before engaging me). He just came clean, he didn't enter in any combat before engaging me to test. Same with me, I engaged no one either before the test (meaning I didn't try to use my Fossilize on anyone else before him) and, right from the beginning of our test, I couldn't use Fossilize on him as it appeared greyed out, in Imperial City.

You're right don worry about the other guy, it's his alternative account he post multiple times on same threads with 2 different accounts. The skills are bugged. Has nothing to do with CC immunity and range.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we're just so used to threads talking about Petrify being bugged but not actually that when it actually is broken we don't actually know and come with the same answers. If Fossilize is really truly broken and not working against targets without CC immunity then that's a pretty big problem. That means DKs lose all their stuns in certain areas due to the bugs.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS! Take Flight, Power Bash, Venomous Claw... these all stop working on Stam DK, typically in IC and Battlegrounds. It is VERY annoying to try and play around this bug. Relogging while in IC does not seem to fix it either.
  • LordeGian
    LordeGian
    ✭✭
    I think it's amazing how this bug hasn't been resolved until today... This leap and fossilize bug is older than you.

It's happened to me so many times that I've given up on playing with the class.
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    DK skills ? It is normal ... it already is buged for a year, so - 1-2 years more no one even do not see it ;)

The same way some skills ignore magma armor ... as example crystal fragments (sorc skill why i am not surprised?)

Chain do not normally work the same, but who cares ? Do you use chain, no. I do, it is buged but ... who cares - i always can do not play if i do not like right ?

So ... . If you do not like some thing, just do not play. It os silly to hope for some balance or bug fixes ;)

Was not fixed for years, no balance, no positive changes all this time - why the hell some thing will change ?

Better to nerf some HA sets with 90 k dps and do not toch others with 120+ k dps.

Better buy new chapter or membership.

And better in some other game 😂
    Edited by Succuby on February 18, 2022 3:37PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was still experiencing random Fossilize gray-out against valid targets the other day in Cyro on live. At one point I tested in duels whether Escapist Poisons or Immovables were the culprit, but Fossilize worked normally as one would expect in that environment, no gray-outs and the stun landed once their immunity expired.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps