Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anybody find good DPS set combos?

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
Is Relequen top tier for everything now, or are there any whacky set combos that work better than expected?
Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda wanna test Deadly Strike and War Maidens, + Belharza's Band and the Maelstrom staff as backbar on a magplar. Not sure how well it'll perform since neither are crit sets, but if they keep dunking on crit rate, it might eventually be something really good. At the very least I'd think it'll be decent, but not top tier.
    Edited by merpins on September 24, 2021 6:34AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really glad some proc sets can crit again, I've only done tests on brittleden but it seems to me like certain monster sets do better than two 1 piece crit sets, which is how it should be imo. Oh, and with Yandir's effectively being a hybrid set now, proc set scaling is less of an issue on mag.

I've also been meaning to test a light attack build with the new mythic on a stamsorc with bound armaments and vMA staff backbar. Hopefully this weekend.
    PC NA
  • Trixterion
    Trixterion
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    I'm really glad some proc sets can crit again, I've only done tests on brittleden but it seems to me like certain monster sets do better than two 1 piece crit sets, which is how it should be imo. Oh, and with Yandir's effectively being a hybrid set now, proc set scaling is less of an issue on mag.

I've also been meaning to test a light attack build with the new mythic on a stamsorc with bound armaments and vMA staff backbar. Hopefully this weekend.

Why would you wear 2 1 pieces on Frostden, if it's superior to run Perfected Ice staff from Dragonstar?
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trixterion wrote: »

Why would you wear 2 1 pieces on Frostden, if it's superior to run Perfected Ice staff from Dragonstar?

That is a good point, I actually don't think I have since getting a Master's staff, but they were in my bag so I tested them anyway lol :p More specifically I was testing monster sets with, I believe, a 5 piece set, one mythic, and two throwaway pieces of another 5 piece set. On live people either do two 5 piece or mythic + 4 + 5 or mythic + slimecraw + 3 + 5. But now it might be worth running a monster set again if not running two full five piece sets.

And the increased weapon/spell damage from the staff also helps with proc sets. I got over 7k spell damage on a parse with the non perfected one and Yandir's.
    PC NA
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested Relequan or Zaan yet? What did they change? Console player asking by the way
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tested Relequan or Zaan yet? What did they change? Console player asking by the way

Just keep in mind Rele/Zaan will not Crit:

"Item sets that scale in order of magnitude, or based on additional modifiers such as Relequen or Zaan, will not critically strike."

That said I had Selene's critting for 50K on the dummy
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Let me know how that light attack build works, I'm thinking of doing that as well.

My setup idea is the new mythic, 1 piece slimecraw, 5 pieces Noble Duelist (jewelry + weapon), 5 pieces Tzogvin (and to also test Kinra's and Undaunted Infiltrator), vMA staff on backbar, greatsword on front bar (stam sorc build).
    The skills would be Elemental Blockade on backbar with your buffs like hurricane + others. Your front bar would have Wrecking Blow (Empower for 3 seconds), Bound Armaments, Crystal Weapons, Clannifer, and probably the 2h execute. Not sure about the rotation, but that's the idea: Buff, Armaments, Blockade, light weave + Wrecking, then some combination of Crystal Weapon with light attack weave 2-3 times, then back to wrecking, swapping bars to put blockade back up and using the armaments proc when available. Maybe using the heavy attack from the mythic, depends on whether it's actually good.

You'd also run the lightning light attack ulti just for added damage (maybe).
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

"Item sets that scale in order of magnitude, or based on additional modifiers such as Relequen or Zaan, will not critically strike."

On the patch notes it stated that there would be adjustments to those sets because they cant crit. So my question is did it stay the same or did they buff the damage abit since it cant crit?
    Edited by Bl4ckR3alm93 on September 24, 2021 10:12PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame Zaans doesn't crit, but honestly with enough spell damage it has high enough damage a crit from it would be pretty insane. Guessing Caluurions can crit to? I know it's a critical set with a damage proc which might prove useful.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭

On the patch notes it stated that there would be adjustments to those sets because they cant crit. So my question is did it stay the same or did they buff the damage abit since it cant crit?
    I double checked and I think you may have misread it, the natch potes said proc sets that can now crit have been adjusted, nothing else about Rele/Zaan. And after testing both, they are still both good, but I wouldn't say any more or less powerful than live.
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Shame Zaans doesn't crit, but honestly with enough spell damage it has high enough damage a crit from it would be pretty insane. Guessing Caluurions can crit to? I know it's a critical set with a damage proc which might prove useful.
    Caluurions can crit, yes. I've been playing around with it a bit but it still feels a little 'meh' in terms of dps. And good for status effects, but then also not reliable in proccing them.

Also, for both comments, a non-critting Zaan seems about the same as other solid monster sets that that can crit, which is a balance I like as it finally gives options for monster sets.
    PC NA
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭

I double checked and I think you may have misread it, the natch potes said proc sets that can now crit have been adjusted, nothing else about Rele/Zaan. And after testing both, they are still both good, but I wouldn't say any more or less powerful than live.
    Caluurions can crit, yes. I've been playing around with it a bit but it still feels a little 'meh' in terms of dps. And good for status effects, but then also not reliable in proccing them.

Also, for both comments, a non-critting Zaan seems about the same as other solid monster sets that that can crit, which is a balance I like as it finally gives options for monster sets.

What about Domihaus how does it feel now? Sorry i keep asking, im a console player =/
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭

What about Domihaus how does it feel now? Sorry i keep asking, im a console player =/

I tested Domihaus a little when I batch tested monster sets. I forgot to write down it's specific dps contribution, but overall that parse was the same as Zaan (both 87k, but specific numbers don't mean much here because of sets, skills, and I'm not a great parser. Both can be used in better parses for sure). Also keep in mind I was testing on a brittleden with a master's staff equipped which boosted the damage of both procs.

I gotta say too, the Domihaus proc animation is my favorite. It's epic looking without being an eyesore.
    PC NA
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me know how that light attack build works, I'm thinking of doing that as well.

Okay, the specific light attack build fell flat, or at least the one I used. Because I was still applying DoTs, I was only ably to do one set of 5 light attacks for the band to proc before I had to refresh everything again (so like 5x LA weave skills, 5x LA only, 1x HA... in theory, but in practice it wasn't so clean). This meant the mythic's special effect was only half as powerful as it might have been, but even then it seemed pretty weak, only contributing 1.7% of my dps, in an overall low parse. Even if I used it more effectively (by reducing dots and cleaning up my rotation), I still predict it's damage wouldn't be more than a monster set, as a severe penalty to the player. I imagine the full effect of the band *might* be used by the sorts of players who don't like to/can't light attack weave. But, that being said, I know most or many of those players have trouble specifically with the repetitive clicking involved, which this band relies heavily upon, so I'm really not a fan of it.

The other side of this coin is using it only to boost light attack damage and ignore the second part of the mythic. I didn't test how effective it is, but imagine it could be very strong, especially if players are looking for a new mythic to take up after discarding the kilt. It's still too early to tell what the relative power is between a build that uses it versus one that doesn't.

Finally, some other things I noticed while testing it: weaving of any sort won't work with it, so don't expect be too effective alternating between Wrecking Blow and Crystal Weapon. Also, and much to my disappointment, the sorc ult didn't work with it so you can't LA with Overload and have it accumulate stacks, probably because those aren't melee attacks.
    PC NA