The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Can we revert the CP2.0 nerf since our power has been reduced?

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we revert the CP2.0 nerf which reduced many passives to half? The main aim was to reduce the passive power available to the players. But now we have capped the crit damage to 125% effectively reducing the power so CP2.0 nerf should be reverted back.

Can we revert the CP2.0 nerf since our power has been reduced? 32 votes

Yes, revert the nerf.
62%
KesstrylSoulshineTX12001rwb17_ESOSaenicshadelonDalsinthusBobby_V_RockitmeekmikotechprincemikemaconExtinct_Solo_PlayerNord_RaseriWyrd88neferpitou73TempestMFreeMaN_Avader2017Dragonlord573tim77Morvan 20 votes
No, keep it as it is.
37%
ssewallb14_ESOpandazookaJodynnredspecter23merpinsTyharLadislaojaws343MashmalloManMyuxExistingRug61ACamaroGuy 12 votes
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep it as it is.
    I don't think there is a need to revert that nerf, at least from the ZOS point of view. We will receive more nerfs in the future, followed by more buffs. It's the way these things work. A constant chase for balance that can never be reached in a game that's constantly evolving.

I was not a fan of that nerf when it was handed down. I didn't agree with the reasoning then and still don't, but we will see buffs in other areas soon enough that we wouldn't see if those nerfs didn't happen. The optics of dialing back a change after implementing it would make them look like they really have no idea what they're doing and they probably don't want to do that again. Anyone remember the time they buffed dots by an insane amount, then in the very next update nerfed them down to be worse than the prebuffed numbers? That was not a good look on ZOS at all.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep it as it is.
    There is parses pushing 117k with very simple rotations on live right now.. I imagine the nerf to Crit Damage, but buffs to build diversity (hybrid/crit damage cap) will bring us back down to a more reasonable level.

We don't need more passive power, we need more slottables that encompass the play as you want mantra.

How about more of the following?
    • Penetration slottable.
    • Elemental damage slottables.
    • Unique slottables that change up combat like the oblivion damage on death or 7% heal return on direct damage.
      • All shock damage has a 3% chance to proc "Chain Lightning", causing X shock damage and bouncing up to 4 targets within 4m of each other for X shock damage.

Enough of the powercreep..
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 23, 2021 11:31PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos capped the crit dmg to reduce power creep, why would they give it back with cp lol.

And btw mag parses haven't changed much coz most mag builds sit at 125% crit dmg on dummy anyways. Stam parses have dropped some tho.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, keep it as it is.
    I think it's fine where it is. Though I'd like to see the Penetration non-slottable passive reverted to where it was, if not buffed beyond where it was, to help with stam DPS builds. Everything else is fine, though none of it feels substantial at all. I'd like to see them introduce niche non-slottable passives that do stuff to the skill lines that are for combat, rather than buff the boring stat ones (other than pen).
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep it as it is.
    I think it's fine where it is. Though I'd like to see the Penetration non-slottable passive reverted to where it was, if not buffed beyond where it was, to help with stam DPS builds. Everything else is fine, though none of it feels substantial at all. I'd like to see them introduce niche non-slottable passives that do stuff to the skill lines that are for combat, rather than buff the boring stat ones (other than pen).

It's fine the way it is. It wouldn't make sense to change penetration anyway, the passives only require 2 stages of investment and all meet roughly the same power level as each other. The ratio they used is basically half the strength of a 2-4 piece bonus from a set.

2-4 piece bonus scaling:
    • 129 Weapon Damage = 1096 Stamina = 1206 HP = 3% Crit (657) = 1487 Penetration = 1206 HP = 4% Healing Done = 4% Healing Taken

CP Passives:
    • 657 Crit (3%) / 320 Crit (1.46%) = 2.053
    • 1487 Pen / 700 Pen = 2.053
    • 1096 Stam / 520 Stam = 2.108
    • 1206 HP / 560 HP = 2.154
    • 4 % Healing Done-Taken / 2% Healing Done/Taken = 2.0

The more obvious approach to the issue you propose can be seen when you compare Med to Light armor, especially more evident with a Critical Damage Cap.

Light Armor gets free Penetration (capped), Medium Armor gets free critical damage (capped). CP has 2 Critical Damage stars while 0 Penetration stars, leaving way less wiggle room for Medium armor than Light armor.

Solution is to add a CP slottable that increases Penetration rather than increase the passive Penetration everyone gets.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit