The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Burning spellwave proc

Greek_Hellspawn
Greek_Hellspawn
✭✭✭✭
Hi! I would like to ask if burning spellwave procs from fire staff light and heavy attacks.

Best Answer

• Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked on PTS.

Flame Whip activates.

Flames of Oblivion activates.

Light Attack with Inferno staff activates

Light Attack with Lightning Staff/Magicka Glyph - don't activate (obviously)

Light Attacks with Lightning Staff/Flame glyph - don't activate BS even when i am spamming it for more than minute.
    Answer ✓
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! I would like to ask if burning spellwave procs from fire staff light and heavy attacks.

I think it does, but fire damage like from skills or enchants would be more reliable
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it does, but fire damage like from skills or enchants would be more reliable

Does enchant still work, though?

There was cryptic language in the patch notes talking about re-classifying enchants and poisons as 'procs' and ZOS has the design paradigm that 'procs don't proc procs" (of course, this is often inconsistent but it is what they are trying to achieve).

So if an enchant is now a 'proc' and obeying the above rules then that will no longer be a viable means of activating the set.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did something change in the pts? Currently I can proc bsw on my inferno staff with a flame enchant but I can't recall which part is reliably procing it.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    Did something change in the pts? Currently I can proc bsw on my inferno staff with a flame enchant but I can't recall which part is reliably procing it.

Looks like my memory was faulty. Even on Live you can't activate BSW with a Flame glyph. You also cannot activate with a Flame glyph on the PTS. So nothing has changed in that regard.

You must be activating off of your Light Attack.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flame glyph, yes. The actual light attack? Not really. Needs to be a flame ability and enchantments kinda fall under that umbrella while light and heavy attacks don't.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    The flame glyph, yes. The actual light attack? Not really. Needs to be a flame ability and enchantments kinda fall under that umbrella while light and heavy attacks don't.

I think I'm probably misunderstanding you, but I just tested a Flame glyph both on Live as well as the PTS and neither activate BSW (using a Lightning Staff in both tests).
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

I think I'm probably misunderstanding you, but I just tested a Flame glyph both on Live as well as the PTS and neither activate BSW (using a Lightning Staff in both tests).

I'd have to do a thorough test then. Going to be a few hours before I can get on and see for sure what is actually doing it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    I just checked on PTS.

Flame Whip activates.

Light Attacks with Lightning Staff/Flame glyph - don't activate BS even when i am spamming it for more than minute.

Thank you bro, i appreciate it.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    I just checked on PTS.

Flame Whip activates.

Thank you bro, i appreciate it.

NP ;)