Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Heads up- No Vet overland in U32

• KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/YkDCwBUOpTU
    here
    ah and yea used armor but pretty sure its possible without just did wanna provide some footage fast
    Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on September 20, 2021 4:25PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the video and have a couple of observations and questions.

I took a still image of the youtube above. I don't speak German, but this screenshot clearly shows that the level 4 has all 4 stars for full armor sets, and 37,2866 magicka even though they only put 2 points into it. Also 25,447 health and 21,074 stamina with no points applied to either. This seems like quite a lot for a level 4. How many CP does this character have applied?

Also, I can't tell if this video is lagging or stopping and starting several times, because it is very choppy.
    I am also curious as to which world boss this is. The boss is Bittergreen the Wild.

Thank you.

nmz0ge6abrql.jpg

I also found this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/gnsc7e/i_think_i_realized_the_secret_to_bittergreen_the/

"I think i realized the secret to Bittergreen the wild
    tldr: solo=easy, group=hard

Always had trouble whith this one.
    Only tried in big groups, but died at least once everytime.
    But then I realized, that it gets harder the more people there are.
    If you solo him it becomes one of the easiest WBs out there.

- there will be less AOEs at a time and they are more predictable.
    - meele attacks can be kited or tanked.
    - adds can be completely ignored.

You don't need to be super tanky or have high dps. You can just stand there and tickle it to death with light attacks. But as soon as someone comes to "help", everything goes downhill."
    Edited by SilverBride on September 20, 2021 6:13PM
    PCNA
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched the video and have a couple of observations and questions.

I took a still image of the youtube above. I don't speak German, but this screenshot clearly shows that the level 4 has all 4 stars for full armor sets, and 37,2866 magicka even though they only put 2 points into it. Also 25,447 health and 21,074 stamina with no points applied to either. This seems like quite a lot for a level 4. How many CP does this character have applied?

Also, I can't tell if this video is lagging or stopping and starting several times, because it is very choppy.
    I am also curious as to which world boss this is. The boss is Bittergreen the Wild.

Thank you.

nmz0ge6abrql.jpg

I also found this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/gnsc7e/i_think_i_realized_the_secret_to_bittergreen_the/

"I think i realized the secret to Bittergreen the wild
    tldr: solo=easy, group=hard

Always had trouble whith this one.
    Only tried in big groups, but died at least once everytime.
    But then I realized, that it gets harder the more people there are.
    If you solo him it becomes one of the easiest WBs out there.

- there will be less AOEs at a time and they are more predictable.
    - meele attacks can be kited or tanked.
    - adds can be completely ignored.

You don't need to be super tanky or have high dps. You can just stand there and tickle it to death with light attacks. But as soon as someone comes to "help", everything goes downhill."

my char had about 260 cp (all i have on the acount)

low lvl chars a scaled thats why they have that much stats (thats why i knowed it was easy possible)

if u dont trust me or think i used cheesy taktiks i can do another boss

cant fix the lag my cpu was at 98% and obs just cant handle it
    if U want i can stream it on discord for u than u can prove it to the rest

but can say was 2. try (1. try i deletet cause i did think the lag was my fault and i could fix it )

ah and btw cause u said "this youtube" it was me i uploaded it :)
    Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on September 20, 2021 6:23PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't distrust you. It is just very hard to follow the action with how choppy the video is, which can be a result of lag.

But mainly I just don't think fighting this particular world boss with 2 full armor sets and CP points applied is representative of being able to fight any world boss at level 3 with no armor on.

But thank you for taking the time to provide your video.
    PCNA
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't distrust you. It is just very hard to follow the action with how choppy the video is, which can be a result of lag.

But mainly I just don't think fighting this particular world boss with 2 full armor sets and CP points applied is representative of being able to fight any world boss at level 3 with no armor on.

never said i can do any boss just most of them :)
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah! No vet overland! *dances for joy*
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many thanks for actually following up and posting a video.

As has been noted this is not your new character as it is an alternative. That will say that the first character has already done Champion Level at 160+

How is this relevant to someone absolutely new to the game? They have no CP.

I can agree that the overland can seem trivial to players that have reached the Champion level, but for a vanilla new player your video is irrelevant and does not prove the point.

That the overland is tuned for the new player and not the veterans is of course a source of rage for the veteran players but this is bread and butter with honey on top for some.

I look forward to the videos with actual new players soloing World Bosses.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »

As has been noted this is not your new character as it is an alternative. That will say that the first character has already done Champion Level at 160+

I can agree that the overland can seem trivial to players that have reached the Champion level, but for a vanilla new player your video is irrelevant and does not prove the point.

That the overland is tuned for the new player and not the veterans is of course a source of rage for the veteran players but this is bread and butter with honey on top for some.

yea there are no new players soloing the boss , atleast i dont know any - what i wanted to show is that overland is easy and as are normal dungoens i think there should be a vet mode to and no i dont want get better sets maybe just something small like purple gear drops instead of green/blue
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »

yea there are no new players soloing the boss , atleast i dont know any - what i wanted to show is that overland is easy and as are normal dungoens i think there should be a vet mode to and no i dont want get better sets maybe just something small like purple gear drops instead of green/blue

Perhaps these instances are attuned to the absolutely new players and I agree that something should be done with regard to veterans, how would this be done?
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I wasn't expecting it but at least the bosses should be a threat has always been my complaint with quests.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone have thought even for a millisecond that there would be vet overland added after zos overhauled game to make sure NOT to separate the playerbase.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland is hard for me. Playing since 2016, CP1086. And - yes, overland is hard for me. I can solo dolmens and delves. But I can't solo a Deadland Portal ans same things. As for public dungeons, I can handle them, but it is difficult. I can solo only 3 starter group dungeons, not more, and it is a pain.

Harder overland? Hell no. Only if it is an option that a player can turn on-off.

You ar a super-player who can solo everything? Wow... I'm envy. Yet most players are milkdrinkers like me. We don't want harder overland.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on September 21, 2021 3:28AM
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Overland is hard for me. Playing since 2016, CP1086. And - yes, overland is hard for me. I can solo dolmens and delves. But I can't solo a Deadland Portal ans same things. As for public dungeons, I can handle them, but it is difficult. I can solo only 3 starter group dungeons, not more, and it is a pain.

Harder overland? Hell no. Only if it is an option that a player can turn on-off.

You ar a super-player who can solo everything? Wow... I'm envy. Yet most players are milkdrinkers like me. We don't want harder overland.

u know how vet / normal dungoens work? u can toggle it - want the same for overworld
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »

u know how vet / normal dungoens work? u can toggle it - want the same for overworld

That horse is rather dead, but perhaps if we beat it some more it will miraculously revive itself?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    ...this is Rich Lambert's current thinking on the subject:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineLovelyGrassTakeNRG-IGkmH8s1XHeD9P2u

For those who may have missed it, this is a very recent clip, and it pretty much says it all.
    PCNA
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forum cannot be 100% representative. We have seen several times how disgruntled players flooded the forum to resolve the requests of some players. No one has any statistics on hand, no one can pre-order in advance which decisions will turn out to be successful or not. Moreover, no one has any financial statements to claim that this game brings more profit. Please stop saying which players are in the majority and who contributes more money to the game. These statements are based solely on your ideas and desires. They have no basis at all.
    PC/EU
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    so guys wtf is the problem i dont wanna take anything away from u or anything like that

i just want a TOGGLEBL veteran mode like ALL dungoens / trials with the difficulty of craglorn and increased quality of loot drops from blue to pruple

• robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ergele wrote: »
    Tiny heads up so you won't have to dig into stream

Not really sure what you mean. Do you mean like in the old days and had to be a Vet level to go to the other Alliances for Cadwells Silver/Gold, otherwise you couldn't go there?
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    so guys wtf is the problem i dont wanna take anything away from u or anything like that

i just want a TOGGLEBL veteran mode like ALL dungoens / trials with the difficulty of craglorn and increased quality of loot drops from blue to pruple

Dev time, this will take Dev time from us, when developing this stuff, they can't fix other stuff ;-)
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meiox wrote: »

Dev time, this will take Dev time from us, when developing this stuff, they can't fix other stuff ;-)

dev time isnt for 1 type of players alone lol - if we get 0 for pvp (performance worse every patch litterly unplayble now) than atleast some for endgmae pve
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endgame pve is added to most every quarter's releases. You still haven't explained how a toggle will work with other people in the world - you toggle on harder overland, but what about the level 3 brand new never played the game before person? If she stumbles into your extra-hard mobs, she's going to get trashed. That's not going to be fun for her, and she's going to go away with a really bad taste in her mouth about this game.

You could make a case for harder overland IF each character who flipped the toggle to hard was put into an instance with others who'd done the same, apart from the rest of us normals. And then you've divided the player base again.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in theory it is possible. You just need to be ranged and fight bosses like this zombie in Deshaan XD

But seriously, last week i was trying to get lead for Ring of the Pale Order on the new server with my not so bad 300CP Redguard Stamsorc aaaaand... it was going really bad. Those damn poachers, ruining Wrotghar ^^

Edited by Ippokrates on September 21, 2021 1:53PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We understand what you are asking for. We just don't agree that this would be a good thing for the game.

There are multiple dungeons and trials and arenas for end game. Everything in the game can't be customized to one playstyle. There needs to be something for everyone, which there currently is.

But the bottom line, as Rich said, is that we had it, no one did it, and everyone hated it so they removed it. It would not be feasible to put the time and money into something that already failed. Making it optional would not make more players want it.
    PCNA
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, about that vet content...

Have i seen correctly that World Bosses in Deadlands have 10 mln HP? Didn't try to fight them though, just went passing through ;)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forum cannot be 100% representative. We have seen several times how disgruntled players flooded the forum to resolve the requests of some players. No one has any statistics on hand, no one can pre-order in advance which decisions will turn out to be successful or not. Moreover, no one has any financial statements to claim that this game brings more profit. Please stop saying which players are in the majority and who contributes more money to the game. These statements are based solely on your ideas and desires. They have no basis at all.

You don't need 100% representation to be reasonanly accurate in statistical predictions of large populations.

Companies will chase and push whichever monetization method is making them the most money, and cater to those customers over others.

So yes, actually, you can see what most of the playerbase is doing and who's spending money.

It's the PvE players of moderate to low skill, self evidently. And enough of them are also whales who like crates. That's self-evident by ZoS's monetization.

You can also see the completion ratios of vet content, it's all way lower.

Suggestions for harder content should try to keep these players in mind and cause minimal disruption. Which is why I personally think self-debuffs are the way to go.

Self-debuffs are no additional rewards and won't split the playerbase but does help those of us who find it too easy. They could also give challenge modes for story bosses that increase whatever drops you get to purple quality.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 24, 2021 4:52AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edit
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 24, 2021 11:12AM
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

You don't need 100% representation to be reasonanly accurate in statistical predictions of large populations.

Companies will chase and push whichever monetization method is making them the most money, and cater to those customers over others.

So yes, actually, you can see what most of the playerbase is doing and who's spending money.

It's the PvE players of moderate to low skill, self evidently. And enough of them are also whales who like crates. That's self-evident by ZoS's monetization.

Suggestions for harder content should try to keep these players in mind and cause minimal disruption. Which is why I personally think self-debuffs are the way to go.

Self-debuffs are no additional rewards and won't split the playerbase but does help those of us who find it too easy. They could also give challenge modes for story bosses that increase whatever drops you get to purple quality.

self debuff are never a way to go it just is no fun to self debuff to have kinda strong enemies you should get rewarded for being good not punished (and i say kinda strong cause even with 0 gear on my max lvl char i still could 1hit them)
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've ever been able to one shot anything apart from skeevers.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, people have been "self nerfing" For Moar Challenge, for decades. 'Naked' Diablo 1 & 2 runs, Pistol-only Doom runs, etc.

But, then, they weren't after being "rewarded" more, they were actually interested in more challenge. (heck, back in the Good Old Days, playing on Nightmare didn't get you any better loot or skills, the only reward was being able to say you beat Nightmare diff.)
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Things are much worse. ZoS in 2016 said they were focusing on returning players. That is, with each new update, they receive a large increase in the population, which then decreases. That is why these constant boring events take place in the game. Look at the% of those who have completed at least one main quest. Looking at the percentage is also not correct, as it shows from the total number of accounts, of which there are about 18 million. How many active players are there in the game?
    This is the road to nowhere. Even the quality of writing has dropped dramatically.
    PC/EU