Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does crit damage taken count against the crit damage done cap?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
We can guess whether conditions like Brittle or the Elemental Catalyst debuff count against the 125% crit damage cap, based on how damage appears to be calculated overall. But I hope somebody just tests it outright. :D
Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 20, 2021 7:58PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear: If Brittle is devalued, that will be a big kick in the teeth for ice staffs.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear: If Brittle is devalued, that will be a big kick in the teeth for ice staffs.

In addition to that, the way the frostbite set is basically being hit really hard also this patch.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server's up, anyone checked this yet? (Console player here so I can't check myself.)
  • muh
    muh
    ✭✭✭
    It was already confirmed yesterday that critical damage taken is subject to the crit damage cap by a dev through Nefas.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    muh wrote: »
    It was already confirmed yesterday that critical damage taken is subject to the crit damage cap by a dev through Nefas.

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is Nefas?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    muh wrote: »

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is Nefas?

An awesome streamer.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested with the trial atronach (assuming it has 10% brittle, 20% major force), kilt (10%), 7 medium (14%), nightblade (10), barbed trap (10%)

CPs slotted: Master at Arms, Thaumaturge, Deadly Aim,

+Swapped between Backstabber (+15%crit damage) and Wrathful Strikes( more weapon damage)

The Backstabber CP gave far less damage for critical hits than wrathful strikes. Now I have to strip off the kilt when the guild runs EC since it won’t be worth slotting
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on September 21, 2021 9:56PM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have a conclusive answer to OPs question?

Is EC a useless set now?
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the trial dummy has Minor Brittle on it and I lost 9k. I wouldn't have been at the Critical Damage cap but for Minor Brittle, so "increased critical damage taken" effects count towards the cap.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have a conclusive answer to OPs question?

Is EC a useless set now?

Not sure off the top of my head if you need either but if you still need one it would be better to keep 1 player in EC and all the dds can ditch the kilt for the death dealer's fete or a crit chance monster piece (maybe even go back to a full monster set?), the kilt has only ever been situationally good whereas EC is always reliable.
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Then summary still in trial party u want frostnecro with cata (2xice staff).

With horn everyone should have like 95% or 105% (nb,temp) the last 20/30% will come from CP + trap/mythic item depends on class and race.
  • Trixterion
    Trixterion
    ✭✭
    Zymcio wrote: »
    Then summary still in trial party u want frostnecro with cata (2xice staff).

With horn everyone should have like 95% or 105% (nb,temp) the last 20/30% will come from CP + trap/mythic item depends on class and race.

You have forgotten Wardens as the third class for base 105%, as they get double bonus through Brittle via Glacial Presence