The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Convergence sucking the fun out of the game

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, this is another one of /those/ threads. I'm saying nothing new. [snip]

I've used Dark Convergence in both PVE and PvP. No doubt, it is powerful and effective. It is fun to cast onto unsuspecting mobs and watch them blow up. Maybe 50% of the time I get out of it via mist, roll dodge, or just holding block. The times I don't get out of it I blow up like most everyone else and grumple about it.

The problem for me is not the set does what it does - instead it is the damage the set is causing to the game population. People are leaving the game for other reasons, sure - but no single set is more annoying or frustrating for folks than DC. Over the past week or so a large number of people have told me they will no longer play PvP (in any form) due specifically to this one set. PvP population was already decreasing, it is now apparently decreasing even faster due to the problems this set causes. Things that people complain about regularly regarding DC:

(1) Getting yanked off seige should not be a thing. No other set does this.
(2) Getting pulled off third floor is a problem that has been discussed in multiple threads - I have nothing to add except to agree.
(3) Multiple DC in one spot is highly effective and eliminates the ability to get out of the pull and the 3m radius of the explosion.
(4) Hrothgar should not be proc'd by a proc set - my opinion.
... and more but go read the multitude of threads about the things people are griping about.....

I, among others, just don't defend keeps anymore because its no longer fun. Personally I won't run in open field fights because of this set. It isn't fun. I never cared for BG much, and now I absolutely won't play them. Dark Convergence has made the game so much less fun than anything else in the past seven years.

Improve, overcome, adapt. Sure. Great words to live by. Adapting may mean a further decrease in population. When something isn't fun anymore, go do something else.

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 19, 2021 5:33PM
Ray
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new sets makes PvP feel like a small mini game.

I made a stam procblade build today using Venomous smite and Plaguebreak.
    I just spammed Lethal Arrow -> LA -> Poison Injection on random groups of enemy players and it was pretty ridiculous how effective it was. Even if they didn't purge, they still had to go defensive and heal through the dots to avoid spreading Plaguebreak. And when they did purge... Well..

I almost never play nightblades, I'm actually quite terrible with them but with this simple setup it didn't matter.

I wish Ravenwatch wasn't a dead campaign on PS EU. :|
    PS | EU
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try swamp raider. even more goodies
    Ray
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    try swamp raider. even more goodies

Haha yeah, that was my first choice but I already had enough Venomous pieces and didn't feel like spending too much time and/or money on a proc build.
    PS | EU
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least 3 active pvpers on my friend list are barely playing anymore and it's mainly because of this set. Myself i will adjust and start using it myself but this is as unfun as it gets. Horrible addition to pvp.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've moved to the no-cp camp because of the sets. (Daggerfall Covenant)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes non-cp pc/eu is quite fun these days.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new sets are just ridiculous dumb and totally out of control. They remove much of skillful playgame and lead to very frustrating situations, often synergizing well with the always-present lag.

For me its just proof that the devs just dont play their own PvP "game".
    Edited by Adernath on September 19, 2021 11:25PM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dark Convergence was their "patch" for ball-groups lagging Cyrodiil, and to discourage extra-large raid groups causing desync and crashes from some many players in such a small area animation cancelling.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »

I just spammed Lethal Arrow -> LA -> Poison Injection on random groups of enemy players and it was pretty ridiculous how effective it was. Even if they didn't purge, they still had to go defensive and heal through the dots to avoid spreading Plaguebreak. And when they did purge... Well..

I almost never play nightblades, I'm actually quite terrible with them but with this simple setup it didn't matter.

Throw a vat 2h in there on the back. The HA proc works on the bow heavy.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    I think Dark Convergence was their "patch" for ball-groups lagging Cyrodiil, and to discourage extra-large raid groups causing desync and crashes from some many players in such a small area animation cancelling.

And they archieved pretty much the opposite.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Jackey wrote: »

Throw a vat 2h in there on the back. The HA proc works on the bow heavy.

Doesn't the proc hit around your character? It won't do anything meaningful for a bow build at range besides providing the 190 weapon damage.. still good though.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit