The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like sets that proc when you heavy attack?

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer having to use skills to proc a sets effect.
    to me i like that heavy attacks function like a damage punishing action that restores resources. because they're slow and clunky and don't feel great to use.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apart from heavy attacks using lightning staves, every heavy attack in the game is clunky, ineffectual, and poorly implemented. Unless there are absolutely no other options to acquire sustain, they are, IMO, not worth the effort.

Personally, I prefer gear that procs off damage, or even a type of damage (for example, poison or critical), regardless of the source. I wouldn't give a second glance to stamina gear that procs off a heavy attack.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Apart from heavy attacks using lightning staves, every heavy attack in the game is clunky, ineffectual, and poorly implemented. Unless there are absolutely no other options to acquire sustain, they are, IMO, not worth the effort.

Personally, I prefer gear that procs off damage, or even a type of damage (for example, poison or critical), regardless of the source. I wouldn't give a second glance to stamina gear that procs off a heavy attack.

Unfortunmatly, atleast in PvP, heavy attack builds are top build for all stam classes because of vet 2H, even more so on proc cluch classes like stam sorc where they use 3 skills that proc on heavy attacks
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maarselok should proc on bash Not heavy attacks.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

Unfortunmatly, atleast in PvP, heavy attack builds are top build for all stam classes because of vet 2H, even more so on proc cluch classes like stam sorc where they use 3 skills that proc on heavy attacks

Yeah but for that type of build you don't need to do a full heavy attack. It's just holding your attack button down for a split second and letting it go, commonly referred to as a medium attack.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a healer, I am seriously fed up with the HA sets that have made their way into my bags.

I have a stupid amount of magicka and sustain on all my healers. I would never need to heavy attack at all, if it weren't for uptimes I am expected to maintain for the proc purposes. I can run skills and LAs all day long and be perfectly fine without all that. HA on a restro are long, boring af, and annoying. Bad enough having to do them to activate essence drain.

I find these sets [snip] has done nothing for improving support roles in the game, and frankly only further alienated them from being able to contribute more actively to game-play.

To say I despise them would still be a colossal understatement.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2021 10:31AM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I wanted to like heavy attacks, I have never managed to enjoy this play style.

I like proc sets, but IMO proc sets should be triggered by the way you use your abilities, so the proc should be a reward for your skill, not RNG. Also the same with the buff you get from a set... it should be rewarding to keep it up, make the set fun to play not another form of slots machine where you are hoping for RNG to do the thing for you.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The HA change that they tried to make not so far ago was a right way. But thanks to screaming dummy-lovers we still have the almost useless HA mechanic
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer having to do light attack to proc a sets effect.
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    The HA change that they tried to make not so far ago was a right way. But thanks to screaming dummy-lovers we still have the almost useless HA mechanic

sorry to ask, what was the change?
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭

Last (?) year there was a test on PTS where they changed weaving behavior: LA deal lower damage but recover resources on hit and HA deal significantly higher damage.
    But then trial farmers appear with their usual screams "we aren't able bypass bunch of mechanics by brainless zerg" so ZOS canceled the test. So thing remain the same: nobody use HA and even a recovery stat because there insane resource gain from balls, synergies, Symphony, Hollow fang etc. Yet in pvp resource recovery is one of the main problems that just highlight how bad designed PVE-focused gear and abilities
    Edited by Andre_Noir on August 18, 2021 11:45AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last (?) year there was a test on PTS where they changed weaving behavior: LA deal lower damage but recover resources on hit and HA deal significantly higher damage.
    But then trial farmers appear with their usual screams "we aren't able bypass bunch of mechanics by brainless zerg" so ZOS canceled the test. So thing remain the same: nobody use HA and even a recovery stat because there insane resource gain from balls, synergies, Symphony, Hollow fang etc. Yet in pvp resource recovery is one of the main problems that just highlight how bad designed PVE-focused gear and abilities

Many people tested it at that time and it has been proven to be very bad for PvP, as restoration have attacks for instance were doing more dqmage than crystal fragment proc. Multiple tests were done at that time for both PvE and PvP and both areas were affected greatly. HA builds were suprame for PvP and for PvE it was a cluster, but some original HA PvE builds were boosted signicantly to be top tier even though they are doing average damage on live.
    Edited by universal_wrath on August 18, 2021 3:44PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have HA build on my 2 sorcs but that's it. Its really unwieldy to get resources back in that way esp on weapons. You stand there like and idiot for how many counts? No thanks
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy Attack should be renamed "Weak [snip] Long [snip] Attack" and Light Attack should be renamed to "Clicky Mc Clickfest Attack."

Both suck in ESO. The combat system is due for a complete revamp[snip]

[edited for baiting & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2021 10:37AM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Heavy Attack should be renamed "Weak [snip] Long [snip] Attack" and Light Attack should be renamed to "Clicky Mc Clickfest Attack."

Both suck in ESO. The combat system is due for a complete revamp[snip]

tbh light attack w isn't even my issue in combat , is the boring animations with lack of good special effects.
    and there's so many boring and clunky skills like poop rock and crushing weapon.
    that being said id at least be happy if they added a option in the games menu to turn off other players pets / other players skill effects unless they are syngergy based so i can see something when i'm in trials and not get blinded.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2021 10:38AM
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer having to do heavy attack to proc a sets effect.
    I don't actually use any such sets, but I like the principle. I hate light attacks: clickclickclickclickclickclickclick... How about a strategy that doesn't involve beating my mouse? Although the ability proc sets are inherently more diverse.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    some sets are very good in pvp. in PVE, I would not want to use heavy attacks. I hope it will be so in the future
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the "I am good with a variety of proc conditions" option?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's many good sets i just don't use like the one currently on the public server "Thunder Caller" , because i don't like doing heavy attacks and slowing down my rotations.
    Do you guys use heavy attack proc sets or just prefer light attack proc sets?

https://eso-sets.com/set/storm-master like storm master, wouldn't it be better if it was light attacks?

Should some heavy attack proc sets be reworked in to light attack?

I just wish i could use stormmaster or thunder set in the future but the heavy attack need kills it for me :c

No. I don't like procs that heal or do damage for me.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phaedryn wrote: »
    Where is the "I am good with a variety of proc conditions" option?

No need to participate in the poll if you don't want then. Poll is focused on a singular choice not plural.
    Edited by francesinhalover on November 11, 2021 2:23PM
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    My sustain is good enough that I rarely need to use heavy attacks. So, for me sets that rely on heavy attacking to proc are not useful.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer more heavy attacks to slow down the clickclickclickclick combat. Weaving isn't even about skill, it's about planning and steady ping rate. I'm going against the grain because if combat was a smidge slower, it would at least help the server performance.

In fact, I wish heavy attacks were powerful enough to replace weaving entirely. Who cares if hang time is long? I'd love to see half of the players [snip] (apparently [snip] isn't caught by profanity filter?) in Dark Souls combat. lol

+1.5 years ago ZoS tried to buff Heavy attack power over light attacks. All the streamers and dps gods complained and essentialy forced ZoS to nix it. Why? Because combat speed. Because they'd have to change how they played, and more players would be competitive with them. Jealousy. Hate. Selfishness.

Whatever. Basically the game has been catered to toxic overcompetitive whales for years, and ZoS wonders why players eventually quit, or come back to try it and get disenchanted with the toxic PvP or Elitist PvE community.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 14, 2021 6:57PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I specifically enjoy proccing effects off of medium attacks, this allows for nuance that can be used to control the timing of the proc, fully charged heavies are just too slow and predictable to block. For example Vateshran 2h is fun to use because the timing is controllable, if it only procced off of fully charged heavies it would be much less enjoyable to use.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your poll should have an anything but heavy attack option.

I could see it being nice if a class or two were actually built around heavy attacks but the entire combat system in this game is structured around weaving.

In the amount of time it takes me to JUST heavy attack i could squeeze in to light attacks AND two skill casts.

Being a nightblade relying on bow procs, a single heavy attack per rotation can negate an entire bow proc out of the rotation. Unless its a damn good proc it just isnt worth it.

I know zos is trying to make heavys happen, but unless they buff the speed, damage, or related procs they just wont.

Besides heavys just feel so gross to use.