Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Screen Turns Greyish / FPS Run Away...

IAmBones
IAmBones
✭✭✭
Playing for 5 years now... all of a sudden the whole screen turned a "greyish" color (no matter which zone) AND.. my FPS just started to run up to over 200 on my 60 FPS Screen. Ii has NEVER went above 60 FPS, NEVER...when I saw it pass 200 I logged out. All other functions on the PC are NORMAL and look NORMAL its only on the ESO game. I am using my "backup" GeForce 1660TI because my GeForce 3090 is still in its box after having to replace it during the New World 3090 Card Eating Event. Again, in 5 years my 4k/60fps monitor with this 1660TI card has NEVER been above 60fps. I know there are no guarantees but is this a situation to where my card could be damaged or bricked? Sorry if its a dumb question, but I am a bit gun shy after bricking my 3090. Thanks for any suggestions/help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @IAmBones

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the greyish screen?

Have you tried repairing your game files yet?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • IAmBones
    IAmBones
    ✭✭✭
    I figured it out. After, unloading all my addons, repairing the game THEN uninstalling and reinstalling the game someone in my guild said someone had the same problem and it was A FREAKIN QUEST that KEEPS you in the "dream state". As soon as I finished the quest, all the color came back to the character. The quests was in Greenshade about returning a bow to Naemon. So.. there ya go.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know the issue was quest related. As the issue is now resolved, we are now closing out the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.