The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why have maintenance a scheduled maintenance on Tuesdays

Master_Shorty
Master_Shorty
✭✭✭
Can someone please explain to me why there is a scheduled maintenance set for Tuesday mornings when that day & time frame is already the busiest day & time frame for most all Trading Guilds ?
Kill Everyone, Steal the valuables & Turn the chosen.

King of Dragon's Evil Delusions RP Guild of Vampires/WereWolves & Necromancers.
GM of DED BLOODMARKET Trading Guild.
GM of DED OUTLAWS ASSOCIATION Trading Guild.
GM of DED BLOODBRIGADE PVP Guild (EP based).
GM of DED SICA ZUZECA Dungeon/Trials Guild.

Main Character's
Master Latharian Dark Elf Vampire mag Sorc cp1500+
Cujo the Fursum DK Khajiit WereWolf stam Tank cp1500+
Wakan Mah'nee Wood Elf stam Warden cp1500+
t'eicakis-thogkteka Dark Elf Necromancer cp1500+
wamanun Redguard Nightblade cp1500+
Mystique Chatterbox Orc Templar cp1500+

• Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭
    Is usually on Mondays.
    But yesterday was Labor's Day holiday on USA, so they moved the maintenance for the next day.

And to make it worse, is the last half-day of the event
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone please explain to me why there is a scheduled maintenance set for Tuesday mornings when that day & time frame is already the busiest day & time frame for most all Trading Guilds ?

But it's the least busiest time for users across the globe making it the best time to patch. Just accept the fact it has to be done sometime. Be happy they didn't do it at like 8 PM EST on Friday
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth was it not put back until tomorrow, after the event had ended?

I would call this poor planning, but that implies there was any kind of plan, or thought put in to the player-base reaction... Y'know, the people that pay to play this game.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why on earth was it not put back until tomorrow, after the event had ended?
    Consoles update premiere it tomorrow - it's just busy week for them...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Russvaj
    Russvaj
    ✭✭

WHY is it not done yet is the real question overhere

also you na ppl dont get to complain you spent the whole patch asleep if you have a normal sleeping schedule we from eu get to wait for 5h awake without eso do you know what kind of a pain that is i am dying
  • Russvaj
    Russvaj
    ✭✭
    Russvaj wrote: »

WHY is it not done yet is the real question overhere

also you na ppl dont get to complain you spent the whole patch asleep if you have a normal sleeping schedule we from eu get to wait for 5h awake without eso do you know what kind of a pain that is i am dying

okay i just realised that was from the past but still my point stands!
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why the hell does it always take so long?
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    it's because they broke PayPal and website account billing access with the last account and store maintenance patch and today they are attempting to fix it. It's the same reason there is an ESO+ free trial - everyone with expired or expiring PayPal auto-renewal was suddenly unable to pay for their subs:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588667/payments-to-zos-denied-with-paypal-and-other-payment-methods/p1
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its offtime Maintenance for NA and EU. Australiens and Kiwies on the other Hand have to life with Primetime Maintenance :) All about Perspective folks
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its offtime Maintenance for NA and EU. Australiens and Kiwies on the other Hand have to life with Primetime Maintenance :) All about Perspective folks

I honestly think they should rotate maintenance time, so they also do it sometimes when EU is asleep, time after that when Aussies are asleep. But on the other hand, it's too much to ask for that they don't do maintenance on our public holidays, so this will just stay a fantasy.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's because they broke PayPal and website account billing access with the last account and store maintenance patch and today they are attempting to fix it. It's the same reason there is an ESO+ free trial - everyone with expired or expiring PayPal auto-renewal was suddenly unable to pay for their subs:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588667/payments-to-zos-denied-with-paypal-and-other-payment-methods/p1

It wasn't broken for me yesterday when I renewed my main account for a year using the (obvious) ESO account system and PayPal as I always do. PayPal worked perfectly, and ESO emailed me to let me know my sub would renew tomorrow for a year at $139.99 plus tax.

I realize I'm likely a minority of one, but it's PrimeTime NA for me....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on October 19, 2021 1:33PM
  • GorHanis
    GorHanis
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't broken for me yesterday when I renewed my main account for a year using the (obvious) ESO account system and PayPal as I always do. PayPal worked perfectly, and ESO emailed me to let me know my sub would renew tomorrow for a year at $139.99 plus tax.

The Paypal issue seems to be an EU problem... It lasts 7-8 days.
    Edited by GorHanis on October 19, 2021 1:46PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GorHanis wrote: »

The Paypal issue seems to be an EU problem... It lasts 7-8 days.

Really. Strange.... Hmm. I should check with my friend who renews his EU accounts on PayPal.
  • JetPacWilly
    JetPacWilly
    ✭✭
    Azorean wrote: »
    Is usually on Mondays.
    But yesterday was Labor's Day holiday on USA, so they moved the maintenance for the next day.

Actually, the bonus event ends on Wednesday at 3pm BST
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is usually on Mondays.

Actually, the bonus event ends on Wednesday at 3pm BST

And I think Witches Festival starts less than 24 hours after that! They have events and special occasions going practically 24/7/365 at this point. Which is kind of nice, but kind of exhausting, too.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro-thread from 7 Sep.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is usually on Mondays.

Nice to see there isn't a biased towards the US customers eh? lol
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is usually on Mondays.

The staff that perform the maintenance had the holiday off.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I realize I'm likely a minority of one, but it's PrimeTime NA for me....

It was broken on the EU server from Saturday before last, so ZOS removed the PayPal option for the EU.
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    What amazes me is that ZOS move maintanence so it doesn't conflict with an American holiday (Labour day) but still schedules maintanence on Easter Sunday, which is a holiday for most Christians worldwide, and is a prime time for players to play.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is usually on Mondays.

^ Lol with characters like this. If the game was developed and run wherever you are I'd expect it to run around the hours WHERE YOU ARE.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it hilarious that people complain about the maintenance times in EU and how they are biased towards NA. The company is located in the US and therefore conform to US time zones since that is where their employees live. I get it, it sucks but it cuts into NA players time too as I could have been playing for the last 4 hours. The reality is that there will never be a good time unless they make the EU and NA maintenances at different times which would probably be frowned upon by Sony and Microsoft. So with that reasoning it will always fall back on when the best time is for their employees based on the local time zone.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hilarious that people complain about the maintenance times in EU and how they are biased towards NA. The company is located in the US and therefore conform to US time zones since that is where their employees live. I get it, it sucks but it cuts into NA players time too as I could have been playing for the last 4 hours. The reality is that there will never be a good time unless they make the EU and NA maintenances at different times which would probably be frowned upon by Sony and Microsoft. So with that reasoning it will always fall back on when the best time is for their employees based on the local time zone.

Out of interest, why would Sony and MS frown upon that? I agree with the rest of what you said, but that part makes no sense to me whatsoever. It has zero effect on any MS or Sony servers. It doesn't interfere with any other games other than ESO. So aye, it makes no sense to me unless i'm missing something obvious.

There are bigger disasters on both Xbox and PS than ESO ( Diablo 2 being one example) and both companies don't bat an eyelid. The only time they would care is if folk begin to ask for refunds en masse. Sony only took action with Cyberpunk because it was costing them money. There are worse games on PS than Cyberpunk. Kingmaker for example. That is a mess and broken, yet they don't care cause folk aren't rushing to get refunds in large numbers.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on October 19, 2021 3:24PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hey there,

Due to there already being a thread discussing maintenance, we are going to close this down so that you may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.