The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Used motifs and treasure maps stay in my inventory

iggysword
iggysword
I have motifs in my inventory that say they are already in my library. I can't seem to find them in my collections. Is it normal for used motifs the remain in your inventory or am I'm I missing something? If they are just pages will they stay there until I get the whole book?
Are Treasure maps permanent? They remain in my inventory as well not like survey maps that are gone once you pick up the crafting mats.
Thanks

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check your learned motifs in Eideitic Memory if you've done the Mages Guild quests or by looking at your Styles or at a crafting station for what styles you know.

If that character already knows the motif, you won't be able to consume the book on that character.

Treasure Maps - you need to find the location in the map, dig up the mound of dirt and loot the chest that appears. Then the map will disappear.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iggysword wrote: »
    The last mages guild quest I remember doing might have been Long Lost Lore. I'm currently cp80. I don't recall seeing Eideitic Memory. I'm just trying to clear out my bank storage where the motifs are kept.
    So if the motif says its in my library should it be destroyed? I'm only planning on one crafting toon. Thanks

If I already know the motif, then I usually sell it on my guild's trader or ask if anyone in guild or zone wants it if it's not worth a trader slot.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs have value on the secondary market. They sell for some decent gold. Use Tamriel Trade Center to get an idea. Console prices will be higher.

Never destroy them.

Note, the base blue ones may not have all that much value. Maybe toss those.
    Edited by Nestor on September 5, 2021 12:44AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • iggysword
    iggysword
    The last mages guild quest I remember doing might have been Long Lost Lore. I'm currently cp80. I don't recall seeing Eideitic Memory. I'm just trying to clear out my bank storage where the motifs are kept.
    So if the motif says its in my library should it be destroyed? I'm only planning on one crafting toon. Thanks
  • iggysword
    iggysword
    Thanks to VaranisArano and Nestor
    I found my motif styles in the outfit station. I had to select Outfit One in the pull down menu. By default it is on No Outfit which kept styles greyed out.
    I installed Tamriel Trade Center.
    My current motifs are blue that I will place in my guilds bank.