The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ultimate Solo Build?

rageofodin
rageofodin
✭✭✭
This is what I am looking for, from all of you

Class, Race, Sets, and Skills please

I need a toon that can solo Vet Dungeons, somewhat easily

The sleeper must awaken!

Thank you!
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll offer my opinion based on high end solo players, but do note that the answer to your question is largely based on preference and any class can solo clear most vet dungeons, it's just a matter of which you are most comfortable playing.

Don't laugh but I think a magicka heavy attack build on a DK is best. Doing damage from dots and HAs means you can save your resources to survive during fights. In solo play, survival comes first and resource management is a close second, so a HA build makes life much easier. For skills, keep Molten Armaments up to increase heavy attack damage, then balance around dots and shields/healing. For sets, look into the Undaunted Unweaver/Infiltrator, Noble Duelist, Infallible Aether, and Torugs Pact. And Ring of the Pale Order will make your life much, much easier especially if you are newer to solo play. Race optimization is less important here than it is for people following meta in group play. Pick a straight damage race like Khajiit or Dunmer if you want to be able to flex to a DPS in group content, or a sustain race like Breton if you don't end up with a heavy attack build. My personal favorite is Argonian (yeah, I know), because they have a little more health and bump to healing done and the bonus resources from the Resourceful passive comes in handy in a tight spot.

Sorcs are the other good/easy class to play solo, and are also great for heavy attack builds. People also swear by templar or nightblade, though I personally love magden. Really, it's all a matter of preference. Most of the time I've found mag builds easier because stam shares its resource with blocking and roll dodging, but if you prefer to play stamina characters it's definitely doable.
    PC NA
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any build will do. Just use Pale Order.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pale order ring - farm leads and get it

2.For Magicka builds i find heavy attack builds extremely useful, as you have good dmg and near infinite sustain. Xynodes “Easy Sorc build” might be a good place to start, he posted a video not long ago of him soloing falkreath hold HM with it.

For stam i highly suggest a sustain set with a damage set. Brawler skill for shield, pale order heals you and Master 2 handed to cleave Loads of enemies.

3. Backbar maelstrom weapon really boost your dmg either maelstrom destru staff for mag or bow for stam.

4. A major resolve skill is highly useful, personly i dont solo vet dungeons with less than 20k resistances

5. Line of sight is amazing for stacking things so you Can kill everything at once. Just know your limits and how much you can pull.

6. You will want a source of major breach to debuff the enemy. Universal options are caltrops and ele drain.
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on September 2, 2021 11:19AM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no good rotation, use keyboard/mouse adaptor on xbox that makes it more difficult to train muscle memory compared to a controller.

What I achieved though, just to give you a "rough housenumber", you can optimize with suggestions from above like Pale Order that I don't have yet:

finished cities of Ash 2, not solo, but together with 1 other player. This dungeon often is classified as the most difficult of the vet basegame dungeons.

Build 1:
    High elf, magsorc with clannfear pet. Mothers Sorrow, Torugs Pact, Slimecraw, infused jewelry (spell damage), infused lightning staff to recharge, precise flamestaff for higher crit chance. 2 heavy (legs/chest), 5 light armor pieces.
    We died 4 times at the final boss, then made it.

Build 2:
    Another build I like for such content is magplar, puncturing strikes as main spammable. Solar Barrage to increase the damage of the staff attacks that you need often for recharging.
    Sets: slimecraw, rattlecage and New Moon Accolyte or war maiden, alternatively war maiden and NMA if you have mages guild level 4 and can use entropy to get major sorcery (as it takes many runs to farm rattlecage).

Notes:
    Food: corrupting bloody mara.

As others stated above, heavy staff attacks are part of the concept for sustain.

It also helps, to have a Mighty Chudan Monsterset available, in case you die too often with slimecraw.
    I slot inner light from mages guild for higher crit chance on all.
    I think with a better rotation you might be able to solo all basegame vet dungeons with such builds.
    Myself I get just 24k DPS on a 3 mio dummy with the templar because of my bad rotation.

Situation where I fail: Shadas Tear in craglorn, the delve that is like a dungeon.
    While I could clear all bosses well with the magplar (even with suboptimal race, redguard), I get 1-shot by the archmages of the final boss, shada. Gave up after trying 5 times.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 2, 2021 10:47AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go check out @PaddyVu content, think he mostly used a MagDK
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rageofodin wrote: »

The sleeper must awaken!

Thank you!

Type "ESO Solo Build" in Google, there are a ton of content providers offering builds for each class. Search Google for "ESO Best Solo Class 2021" and get information with builds, gear, etc. Most people here on the forums aren't going to take the time to give you a detailed guide when so many are available online with just a bit of searching. That's how I know the information is out there, as it's where I go for solo build info- even though I rarely end up using their ideas- but it's a good place to start.

Right now I have a solo Magblade that is awesome at everything... and I'm running 5pc War Maiden, 5 pc New Moon Acolyte, 1 pc Julianos (crafted Bloodthirsty necklace), and 1pc Pale Order Ring (sometimes Wild Hunt if I want speed). I have over 3500 Spell Damage without enchant buff, over 8000 pen, and 59% Crit. It works great for solo, and having Bastian along as a healer helps in difficult content.
    Edited by ADarklore on September 2, 2021 12:38PM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Go check out @PaddyVu content, think he mostly used a MagDK

I wish he would come back with an evolved build, he went afk after the cp changes ☹
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rageofodin wrote: »

The sleeper must awaken!

Thank you!

Heavy attack/easy pet sorc. 2 Pets, Noble Duelist, Torugs Pact, Ring of the Pale Order, 1 piece monster helm of choice, and malestrom lightning staff back bar - infused with a shielding glyph. Does good DPS and great survivability. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

Also another good character would be a magplar. Heals come from jabs and a resto back bar (for the Hots), and sets can basically be whatever you want them to be. I'd suggest Master Architect and spinners to make sure you can get as close as possible to the penetration cap, but could also swap spinners for medusa. Monster helm could be Ring of the Pale Order + 1 piece monster, Earthgore, Domihaus, slime craw, iceheart, or whatever you need to make you more survivable or do more DPS.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf
    Magicka Templar
    Medussa + Mothers Sorrow (or False Gods) + Ring of Pale Order = God Mode

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lookup builds on YouTube by luckyghost and Hack the minotaur.