The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

sorry bad form

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 1, 2021 3:27AM
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Like how the discussion utterly ignores the fact that this is a PC problem ONLY.

As @jaws343 said, this would detrimentally affect console economies.

Just get rid of the add on that does the writs for you - that might be a good start.

Many of these economy threads often do ignore that fact tbh. Consoles not having similar issues tends to be an inconvenient truth, though console does seem to have it's own set of problems which PC has gotten a handle on
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shmity72 wrote: »
    so zos. solution: globalize the economy.

Even if the idea of a global economy ever was a good idea (I don't believe it was) it would be absolutely disastrous to try and put one in now. To many players are sitting on tens of millions of gold and would be easily able to control the market on rare items.
    Edited by kargen27 on August 31, 2021 10:52PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couldn't they add something along the lines of where you can claim a keep in Cyrodiil and have your guild store accessible, in a number of set locations that are for a fixed amount of gold but can only be claimed by a guild that has not won the trader bid that week.

Even if they add only one location per zone, that's still a good number of extra traders.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Couldn't they add something along the lines of where you can claim a keep in Cyrodiil and have your guild store accessible, in a number of set locations that are for a fixed amount of gold but can only be claimed by a guild that has not won the trader bid that week.

Even if they add only one location per zone, that's still a good number of extra traders.

They kind of already have that. Claim a keep and your guild gets the vendor in that keep until its captured by a different alliance, who claims that keep for their guild in turn.

There's A LOT of turnover when it comes to keeps, so I'm not really sure how you envision these extra trader locations working. Do they switch according to whoever's owning the keep at that time? Do we get different traders for Ravenwatch, Blackreach, Gray Host, etc.?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can’t say I understand the ramifications of all of the suggestions posted here, but for me gold from writs is not very much on my four toons. I am on console.

Reducing gold from writs and raising trader prices would hurt us a lot I think. My donations-only guild struggles to get a decent trader most weeks. Prices for traders have already gone up significantly.

Why would the solution be taking gold out of the economy and raising trader prices? That sounds like a “raise the floor and lower the ceiling” argument that just hurts small guilds.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA