The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wrothgar daily contract coffers only giving trash

mekops_ESO
mekops_ESO
✭✭✭
Just looted 2 Wrothgar Daily Contract Coffers and came away with nothing but a single piece of ancestor silk and rubedo trash gear from each. Done untold dailies and theres always SOMETHING from zone in it. Anyone else experience this?
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its RNG not a bug
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Togal wrote: »
    Its RNG not a bug
    right on just checking. had to happen eventually i guess. twice in a row XD. could have sworn something was wrong

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Togal wrote: »
    Its RNG not a bug

Hmmm... only this week did I ever open a reward coffer and get a trash rubidite item... and it was in Wrothgar. In years of questing and doing dailies I have always received a set item from the zone, or a motif, style materials, etc.. from reward coffers. I am pretty sure it is a bug, getting a coffer with one single junk item, and nothing else.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The gold coffer, the one you get for turning in the first quest of the day, either in IC or Craglorn/Wrothgar, has a guaranteed style page, but the subsequent purple ones, regardless of source, have a much smaller chance for those pages. Besides getting a ticket from that specific zone, there isn't much reason to do more of the same quests, as the purple coffer rate is relatively high even from killing random mobs and picking nodes in the zone.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blue Wrothgar daily rewards have a chance for garbage.

I'd prefer they fixed it but it's been this way for years.
    PC NA
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Blue Wrothgar daily rewards have a chance for garbage.

I'd prefer they fixed it but it's been this way for years.

This.

AFAIK all the other zones' daily quests have a guaranteed set piece/style mat/motif page. It's not the case with Wrothgar, which doesn't help the price on those sets... and results in making those dailies feel unrewarding outside of events, if not a complete waste of time.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar dailies in general hail from a time before ZOS streamlined the dailies. they got slightly better in the TG/DB DLCs, but not until Morrowind did they finally arrange a nice and easy consolidation of daily pickups and turn-ins.
    technically not until Summerset since they retconned the Morrowind ones a teeny bit. Summerset was where they streamlined it to "pickup and turn-in are from the same NPC, and you're always guaranteed at least one style material and set item from the zone" like we're accustomed to today.

so it's a bit of a hassle, Wrothgar is, but that's just legacy mechanics kicking in.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar needs a fix, or an update, for this reason. Should guarantee 1 style material and 1 blue set item from the zone.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland chests drop better loot. The coffers are a waste of time.
    dry.gif

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Wrothgar needs a fix, or an update, for this reason. Should guarantee 1 style material and 1 blue set item from the zone.

Thats wierd, I have probably done hundreds of dailies in Wrothgar, and the other day was the first time I experienced only getting a junk piece. My luck must be phenomenal in that zone I guess? I never knew there was even a problem and I shrugged off the crappy reward I got as probably being a bug related to the event.