The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ZOS IS INTENTIONALLY BLOCKING PLAYERS FROM LOGGING IN

gummifrog
gummifrog
I have tried since day 1 of the waking flame update on my wifes laptop to launch the game and zos just doesnt care. I have been through every step of the tech support channels and they have decided that they cant and wont offer any more support because my wifes laptop doesnt meet minimum spec, even though she has racked up 1000+ hours of gameplay on that laptop. This just a warning to all players that unless you are above minimum spec you probably going to get locked out of the game.

On my wifes laptop, the launcher launches. Click Play and.......nothing.

I have even asked is there a specific reason why this update has broke the game on her laptop and all they say is yEaH bUt YoU dOnT MeEt MiNiMuM sPeCs ErMaGhErD!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can see where you'd have issues playing this game on something that's less than optimal. I'm playing it on a high-end gaming PC, and I never have any issues.
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    "This just a warning to all players that unless you are above minimum spec you probably going to get locked out of the game."

Yes, that is how MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS work mate
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    That does suck, but like...I'm in spec and my laptop is over 5 years old. You might need an upgrade, fam.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gummifrog wrote: »
    I have tried since day 1 of the waking flame update on my wifes laptop to launch the game and zos just doesnt care. I have been through every step of the tech support channels and they have decided that they cant and wont offer any more support because my wifes laptop doesnt meet minimum spec, even though she has racked up 1000+ hours of gameplay on that laptop. This just a warning to all players that unless you are above minimum spec you probably going to get locked out of the game.

On my wifes laptop, the launcher launches. Click Play and.......nothing.

I have even asked is there a specific reason why this update has broke the game on her laptop and all they say is yEaH bUt YoU dOnT MeEt MiNiMuM sPeCs ErMaGhErD!

You have probably the same/similar issue I had during weekend, sadly only full fresh reinstall helped to solve the issue.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say You are intentionally blocking Yourself from playing the game by not upgrading Your spec. Minimum requirements are set for a reason. It's like complaining You have issues with playing latest God od War on Your PS2.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had exactly the same behaviour (launcher, play, nothing - not even logs) - they pointed me to completely reinstalling it and that fixed it. Now quite why their updater broke for me (and it seems plenty of other people from the guild chat) is a mystery, but if you've not done the re-install it's worth a try.

Not sure why you expect them to magically fix the fact your machine is under minimum spec though. If I buy a one pint mug and complain I can't fit two pints into it I'm not going to get tech support for that either.

Too many toons not enough time
  • gummifrog
    gummifrog
    Thanks Jamdarius, Space elf,

Unfortunately ive tried that. dozens of times. also tried using repair tool dozens of times and also tried using game files from my system which works. and tech support is of no help.

I wish I could upgrade but out of work due to pandemic and not in another job yet so money is too tight to buy new pc / lapto.p

[Snip]

[Edited for inappropriate language]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 31, 2021 1:16PM
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    I had connection issues for the longest time. If you have any add-ons, try turning them off if you haven't already.
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know if you tried that or no but if Play button doesn't do anything for you, try to restart the laptop and after opening the launcher find a Repair function in the Game Options. No need for full re-installation.

This type of thing happens to me sometimes after updates too, game just refuses to start and repairing fixes it. It's rather random and I'm not sure what the cause might be (my specs are above recommended), maybe some outdated addons?

Edit: welp, seems like you've already tried repairing and it didn't help. Just thought the symptoms sounded familiar. Sorry I can't offer any more insight. ;(
    Edited by WildLight on August 31, 2021 1:04PM
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But isn't minimum well the minimum? Below minimum the game won't ever work and that counts for every game on the market.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • fugalism
    fugalism
    Soul Shriven
    If you can't meet the minimum requirements, don't expect to be able to play the game.

It really is that simple. ZOS shouldn't have to keep the game running for heavily outdated hardware.
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    And if you cannot afford or don't want to upgrade the laptop, consider using playing the same ESO account via Google Stadia in a browser on the laptop. It will likely perform a lot better!

• ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

Because this thread has derailed rather quickly, we felt it was best to close it down. Please be sure to keep our Community Rules in mind when posting on our forums.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.