Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampirism goes away on its own?

whitecrow
whitecrow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Recently I was infected when I engaged some bloodfiends in the Rift. I got the popup message alerting me. I went to the priest in Elden Root to talk to him but did NOT pay him to cure me. Afterwards, I periodically saw the red mist effect (I think it shows when you log in, and maybe come through a wayshrine), and it showed in my status effect.

Yesterday, I noticed that I hadn't seen the mist effect in a bit, and when I checked my status effects, the disease was gone.

Does it go away if you don't continue the quest line (I forgot there was one/didn't know how to continue it anyway)?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure. I've heard it's seven days, the same as the bite cooldown, but don't quote me on that since it's handed down information.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is indeed 7 days since bitten to contact either Vorundil to start a Scion Of The Blood Matron quest actually unlocking the Vampire skill line, or contact the an Arkay Priest for cure.
    In case you missed the timeframe you would need to be bitten again to start vampire quest. Or you can cure the disease any time you like.
    Check your buffs/debuffs status, i think you still have "Noxiphilic Sanguivoria" listed, though it does not provide any noticeable effects, except that you cannot be infected with Sanies Lupinus (a.k.a lycanthropy) to become a werewolf.
    PC EU
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I missed it then. It would be nice if they gave you some kind of hint that there was a quest.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to search for Vorundil if bitten by a fellow player at the vampires altar, but getting disease from NPCs is, indeed, the "hard way". :)
    PC EU