The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Do not release these sets

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x5cjmcayacr6.png
    Perfectly balanced as all things should be.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whew, this thread is a trip. Totally missed Dark Convergence, but the fear of Hrothgar & Chill ended up *under*blown, because of whatever bug it is that is causing the mayhem many have seen.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a 16k hrothgar last night. I get more sets on my death recap than skills. This is lame
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    Actually DC and hrothgar are not that good. In fact everybody and his mother equip those 2 set and their value at traders are really high.
    And in my death recap I usually 2 hrothgar around 10k each.

But that doesn't prove nothing. I just have to l2p
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually DC and hrothgar are not that good. In fact everybody and his mother equip those 2 set and their value at traders are really high.
    And in my death recap I usually 2 hrothgar around 10k each.

But that doesn't prove nothing. I just have to l2p

Guild trader prices are far more indicative of rarity of the gear. Week 1 those sets were going for a lot and now I can't even move pieces at 20K. Soon they will be just as valuable as Spell Strategist, which is just deconstruction fodder. Jewelry seems to be the only high priced pieces still and that is also because they are rarer drops.

Everybody uses them because they are the new thing. That will wear off as players get better at countering them. You will still have people using them of course. I myself played with DC for a night, it was fine, my normal setup was better. So I am back to the same build I've been running for 9 months.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got killed by Thunder Caller last night from stealther. One minute I was running in Cyr next second I was eating daisies. One Shot with 32K health. The heavy attack, Shock enchant, and Proc took me straight to Zero health. No counter play .

At least Plague, Dark Conv. and Hrothgar there is a chance to survive. Strong set indeed.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They actually buffed Dark Convergence LOL :D:joy:

RIP CP Campaign, I am never going back there...
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually DC and hrothgar are not that good
    Hrothgar not "that good"? It brings even elite players to their knees.

"The Ultimate Desaster when it comes to balancing"
    starting at 6:00, about Hrothgar at 7:10, result at 8:40:
    "Sets like Hrothgar have no counter [...] all skill is eliminated from the game"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXfVPel38I

Edited by BalticBlues on September 20, 2021 6:26PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They really only buffed it for larger groupings of enemies. It's a pretty substantial nerf for BGs play and smaller scale fights.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

They really only buffed it for larger groupings of enemies. It's a pretty substantial nerf for BGs play and smaller scale fights.
    Well, but it can crit now, so 60% nerf to base dmg is kinda irrelevant. Also, since scaling per target was buffed, this set wil now hit as hard as it did before, but less people will be needed for that. On Average it can pull between 3 - 7 players, so now those players, no matter how tanky they are - they gonna get one-shoted by a set. Not even an ultimate - a gear set. An item will kill people.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, but it can crit now, so 60% nerf to base dmg is kinda irrelevant. Also, since scaling per target was buffed, this set wil now hit as hard as it did before, but less people will be needed for that. On Average it can pull between 3 - 7 players, so now those players, no matter how tanky they are - they gonna get one-shoted by a set. Not even an ultimate - a gear set. An item will kill people.

They specifically said:
    "Item sets that scale in order of magnitude, or based on additional modifiers such as Relequen or Zaan, will not critically strike."

And then listed out the sets that would critically strike. Dark Covnergience is not on the list. So it will not critically strike, because it scales in power by number of players Hrothgar also won't crit because it's damage scaling isn't based on mag/stam spell/weapon damage.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They specifically said:
    "Item sets that scale in order of magnitude, or based on additional modifiers such as Relequen or Zaan, will not critically strike."

And then listed out the sets that would critically strike. Dark Covnergience is not on the list. So it will not critically strike, because it scales in power by number of players Hrothgar also won't crit because it's damage scaling isn't based on mag/stam spell/weapon damage.
    Good catch, I think I missed that, my bad lol.

Anyway PTS is still down so there is no way to test it, but just by looking at the numbers, DC set will now have 50% dmg bonus per target vs 10% that is has now on live. So even if base damage is reduced by 60% - this set will still do similar, if not higher damage. I mean if I understand it correctly, even if one target is pulled - it will buff dmg per target by 50%. One target means 50% more damage - so it is roughly 10% overall dmg nerf - which is nothing. Even if it will be adding 50% more damage for every "additional" target - then if it pulls 3+ people, damage will be 100%+ which is kinda ridiculous (on live it is 60% more base damage +30% more damage if 3 targets are pulled).

DC may get even more crazy than what we have on live server, as this set will actually be more effective against small scale (including BGs) and absolutely devastating against anything more than 4...

^ Again, this is just a theory as PTS is still offline, but I am pretty sure that a lot of people will be testing this set...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 21, 2021 6:47AM